xperia 1 ii apk Overwrite

Search This thread

tobos

Jun 29, 2020
I can't overwrite it.

Yep. Either Uninstall using titanium backup or remove apk from wherever the system apk is. Then push (or copy) to destination and set permissions to 755

Thanks for the reply.

The titanium backup allows me to disable the app, but not to delete it.
It also says Root Explorerde permissions change failed.
Is there any other way to do this?

DeathShot9

Sep 4, 2015
Boston
Thanks for the reply.

The titanium backup allows me to disable the app, but not to delete it.
It also says Root Explorerde permissions change failed.
Is there any other way to do this?

FWIW I'm having the same issue. Titanium Backup Pro says it can't find the APKs and Remove System Apps app thinks it does and then really does nothing. I even tried Lucky Patcher, which does the same thing.
Root File Browser shows everything in System/App and System/Priv-App as being 755, but if I try to change it to 777, it says it fails. If I try to delete anything, it looks like it does it, but then nothing changes.
If I try to change permissions through ADB, it tells me that the file system is Read-only, and if I tried to run ADB as root, it tells me it cannot run as root in production builds.

Edit:
Solution: Install any terminal emulator, and the Debloater module from Magisk to remove system apps systemlessly (see Debloater module official thread here)

Edit 2: There are three apps, Call of Duty, Tidal 3 month free trial, and Linked in, which are located in /oem/app and they cannot be removed by this method. I do not know how to remove them...

Last edited: