Xperia AOSP Project

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
@Olivier

The kernel used in the aosp build is a prebuilt one.
I know, and that's why I asked ;) I still want a confirmation from jerpelea or adfad666.
BTW, you can flash any kernel on any ROM and it will "boot", the problems are mostly the ramdisk or some configs (e.g. prima).

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk

Tommy-Geenexus

Apr 30, 2013
I live on a Stone Hill.
I know, and that's why I asked ;) I still want a confirmation from jerpelea or adfad666.
BTW, you can flash any kernel on any ROM and it will "boot", the problems are mostly the ramdisk or some configs (e.g. prima).

Ok, lets wait for @jerpelea s answer :).

All i know is that the command line to assemble the ramdisk slightly differs from stock and cm, as i've build an aosp kernel some months ago.

langeveld024

Jun 7, 2012
@Olivier

The kernel used in the aosp build is a prebuilt one.
But there are aosp builds outside of xda booting on a tweaked stock kk kernel.

So the stock kernel definitly boots on aosp.

you guys mean like the situation i described in hodorkernel thread? that booted on commotio b72! i was like huhhh xD

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com

kernel is prebuilt on aosp and is built from our source
if you build kernel with android from source you just waste time on build
kernel is rarely updated and is just a waste of time to recompile it every time

this kernel version is not in sync with official releases and updating kernel will break blobs, use provided kernel !

you can build yourself kernel binary and wlan module and then place them into aosp tree

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone