• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xperia Arc Home Launcher and widgets on X10

Search This thread

rederik79

Jan 31, 2011
Grizzana Morandi (BO)
As you've heard, your phone has to be rooted.
After you download the zipped folder you need to unzip it. I used 'Androzip' app (found in Market)- you can use anything that unzips .rar files. After you extract them you install them and so forth. Hope this helps.

With the simple installation don't work for me, my phone is rooted.
I have solved in this mode:

I have deleted the original launcher and I replaced it with the arc. At this point, released by root explorer, the phone is locked, of course.
So I went into recovery and I selected "wipe the user \ factory data" and restart the launcher worked perfectly, I also installed the photowidget great and everything goes perfectly.

ak1297

Oct 26, 2010
It's possible to install this launcher and the photo widget on x10 with eclair?

Because i have tring but nothing, return this message "application not installed"

I am using it.. Photo widget with this launcher on stock 2.1, no problems, but i c lots of lag..
Lagging May b coz i got many apps, is it so ??

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

gedon48195

May 12, 2011
Hey man!! How are u doin’??? Look ur home is AWESOOOOOME im just wondering if u could work with the names of the apps in the home launcher bcs i dont really like them. Thx for ur work :)

Enviado desde mi X10a usando XDA Premium App

Punkemon

Sep 19, 2010
Can't install on rooted x10i, 2.3, it asks to replace with existing ( original ) launcher and just says "not installed", I tried to uninstall deafult launcher with root uninstaller and titanium backup, and still it asks to replace with deafult launcher... plz help

hotkolbas

Oct 2, 2011
Something for your consideration.
I rooted my x10 and I copied the launcher to my huawei x1 which is rooted running cm7 and over clocked to 752mhz and could run it well.
The only issue about it was the grid was way over sized, as in it only had a 2 colum by 2 rows which was hard to organise widgets and the launch bar at the bottom was a touch off.
In the end it was great and proof you can port stuff across but id say it has to be compatible with screen size.
Im now running adw launcher and am still running a few Sony .apk

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts