Xperia Companion doesnt work with Z5 Compact

Search This thread

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
Like i said above. I wanted to update to 32.3.A.0.376 by using Xperia Companion but holding Volume Down while plugging in the USB doesnt do anything at all. Is it not working with the Z5 Compact or am i doing something wrong?

Gewiz

Nov 14, 2016
Vienna
Like i said above. I wanted to update to 32.3.A.0.376 by using Xperia Companion but holding Volume Down while plugging in the USB doesnt do anything at all. Is it not working with the Z5 Compact or am i doing something wrong?
Your device must be powered off before doing so. Wait a bit, when it works the Notification LED is shinning.

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
Your device must be powered off before doing so. Wait a bit, when it works the Notification LED is shinning.

I found out what was the problem. I used an usb3 port which doesnt work for it, sadly its not mentioned anywhere which made it hard to find out what caused the problem. If anybody else got that problem, try to change your USB port.

Reactions: Macsek

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
I also had serious connection problems between my (linux) computer (having only USB 3 ports) and the z5c running the 1st version android 7 (32.3.A.0.372). I was not able to flash any rom. Later I was not able to connect to Xperia Companion (from VirtualBox).

But my friends windows PC did work, so he was able to recover it quickly with Xperia Companion - and here comes the catch - using a USB 3 port. :cyclops:

FlashTool did not connect well on my linux laptop to the z5c @ 32.3.A.0.372 , but after upgrading to 32.3.A.0.376 it seems it does.
What version android do/did you run?

Last edited:

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
I also had serious connection problems between my (linux) computer (having only USB 3 ports) and the z5c running the 1st version android 7 (32.3.A.0.372). I was not able to flash any rom. Later I was not able to connect to Xperia Companion (from VirtualBox).

But my friends windows PC did work, so he was able to recover it quickly with Xperia Companion - and here comes the catch - using a USB 3 port. :cyclops:

FlashTool did not connect well on my linux laptop to the z5c @ 32.3.A.0.372 , but after upgrading to 32.3.A.0.376 it seems it does.
What version android do/did you run?

32.2.A.5.11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found out what was the problem. I used an usb3 port which doesnt work for it, sadly its not mentioned anywhere which made it hard to find out what caused the problem. If anybody else got that problem, try to change your USB port.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone