Xperia Mini Pro Capacitive Button Problem

Search This thread

benjiman1135

Sep 22, 2011
Hi I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as i am having right know.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro White SK17I. It was working well untill when i tried to press the back button. I had to wait for so long to get a response from the back button. I tried the same thing with the menu button (Not the physical hone key) it still had the delay. The delay is about 5-10 seconds. Sometimes, you have to wait extremely long or you have to press it again. sometimes it runs normally. But rarely it does work as normally should. I only had the phone for 2 weeks. I was wondering if i can exchange it since i have a 12 Month warranty. thats all the problem I'm having right now

thank you :)

e23

Dec 9, 2010
I have the same problem. I think has to do something with the temperature/humity. If its warm outside and i have sweat on my fingers its happens, when its cold and dry everything works fine. I tested with /dev/event/input and with wet fingers it does not even trigger any events.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App

budzer

May 13, 2010
I got same problem with my Xperia Mini Pro back key. Every time it happened, I'll just reboot the phone and that problem is gone.

pacodani

May 2, 2011
It is a known issue related with temperature, affecting more and more people every day (including me). SE is not responding, but seems a design problem:

talk.sonyericsson.com/message/112257

theonov

Oct 1, 2011
I got same problem with my Xperia Mini Pro back key. Every time it happened, I'll just reboot the phone and that problem is gone.

I rebooted, but the problem is still there.
my back key is okay, only menu key is unresponsive at all. i think this is because of hardware problem.
i bought it 1 day ago, though. gonna bring my phone to SE service center tomorrow.

benjiman1135

Sep 22, 2011
Guys I fixed my problem. This guy on facebook had the same problem as I did. He fixed his and so did I. The reason it lags isnt because of the memory usage. Its some other reasons that I dont remember. Anyway, if you guys still need to fix yours, heres how. First you got to have cottons and a screen protector. The Sony one that you get from the box works. You have to apple one TINY drop of soap onto the cotton then wipe it over your display. Make sure you clean the buttons cause thats the priority. Make sure you cover the top bits. After you done that. Get your clean cotton and wipe it to get the soap out. DONT USE WATER. After thats done, make sure there is no string of cotton left in your screen. After you checked, apply the screen protector then its done. I just did mine today and its going well so far. Trust me guys this isnt a trap to break your phone or anything. I trusted this guy that told me the steps and it worked. What I am trying to say is just give it a go. If you did it like I did, I think you should be fine. I love my xperia again :D hope it works for you guys

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App

sh4nce

Oct 11, 2011
I have no back button issues so far. I once had it slowing down but that was related to an application hanging so low memory might be related.

FreeZr

Jun 26, 2011
No problems here so far, but it seems like german phones don't have problems at all. Ive been checking amazon ratings all day long but no1 ever mentions problems with the button

asrail

Oct 25, 2011
I had no problems until the update to Android 2.3.4.

Now I can't even play a game for 10 minutes and it presses the back button a lot.
It looks like it can be related to the firmware.

-----------------

I've seen on another site that other people also are facing more heating after update to 2.3.4. Well, since overheating is related to the issue, it may be possible that it is causing the back button issue for me.

Last edited:

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Its Due to Memory Blocks aswell

The Problem is mainly due to too much of moisture in your hands...

to get rid of the problem, wipe off your hand of all moisture, and clean your cellphone screen and the buttons with a soft cloth.
And also remember to clean the used memory. usually its both the problems occurring at the same time, due tio which it seems no to be working..

hope it helps

Jan 8, 2008
No problems here so far, but it seems like german phones don't have problems at all. Ive been checking amazon ratings all day long but no1 ever mentions problems with the button

I beg to differ, but my German Mini Pro does have the back-button-issue!

Don't know if it's due to sweaty fingers, I'll try one of these capacitive pens some day.

But I can say, as soon as I plug in the power cord, the button is working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same Problem (and I'm from germany :p )
    But if I lock my Phone then and unlock again everything goes well. But I haven't noticed the Problem often. Only Ca 7 times since january :)

Sent from my SK17i using xda app-developers app