Xperia Neo - Problem with screen

Search This thread

JMSpurs

Oct 15, 2011
Somerset
Recently my Neo has developed this problem where the screen is dimmer, it occurred when I had to replace my touchscreen as I broke it when I removed it whilst I was trying to remove some sand... Anyway it just makes my screen really hard to read in the sun light, I just find it odd though as it obviously sounds like a hardware issue due to the likely cause of the problem and the fact that I've reinstalled my phones firmware many times to no effect. Also that seems to be the only problem other than what should be a white background being a slightly creamy colour but again it's odd cause it doesn't do that in many. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or have experienced any similar problems though I can't afford to dismantle my phone many more times as the screw heads are wearing away. Also before you suggest I have already tried numerous Disable Auto Brightness apps to no effect.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Also I forgot to mention that the contrast is perfect still if not sharper.

grindelwald

Aug 20, 2012
Osijek
I'm 100% sure that's hardware issue...
Did you replace your touchscreen by yourself or went to sony for replacement?
If you replaced it by yourself your warranty is voided and only solution is phone disassemly again, but if sony replaced your touchscreen go to them and explain them your problem

JMSpurs

Oct 15, 2011
Somerset
Ok thanks, but wouldn't there be visible wear if the LCD screen was damaged so is it possible it's a loose connection? I mean the brightness literally is the only problem.
Also I replaced the screen myself and I knew I was voiding the warranty, though quick question, how can they tell I've opened my phone?
One last final question, at the moment it's almost bearable so would it be worth just leaving as it is or is there a possibility of it suddenly dying on me?
Thanks again

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

hossein7292

Apr 20, 2012
Toronto
Recently my Neo has developed this problem where the screen is dimmer, it occurred when I had to replace my touchscreen as I broke it when I removed it whilst I was trying to remove some sand... Anyway it just makes my screen really hard to read in the sun light, I just find it odd though as it obviously sounds like a hardware issue due to the likely cause of the problem and the fact that I've reinstalled my phones firmware many times to no effect. Also that seems to be the only problem other than what should be a white background being a slightly creamy colour but again it's odd cause it doesn't do that in many. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or have experienced any similar problems though I can't afford to dismantle my phone many more times as the screw heads are wearing away. Also before you suggest I have already tried numerous Disable Auto Brightness apps to no effect.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Also I forgot to mention that the contrast is perfect still if not sharper.
if you are on official GB based roms this patch will increase the current in your lcd and increase your brightness to its highest possible also disables the auto brightness
remember it can cause hardware failure too so use it on your own risk
i used it before there were no problems
remeber to backup first
http://www.mediafire.com/?631435a2pmpt4v4

Last edited:

JMSpurs

Oct 15, 2011
Somerset
Thanks again, though I have ICS,Pureness, is there any chance of it working still?
Also do you know if it could actually be a loose cable inside?

hossein7292

Apr 20, 2012
Toronto
Thanks again, though I have ICS,Pureness, is there any chance of it working still?
Also do you know if it could actually be a loose cable inside?

give it a try ;)
but remmeber to make a backup first
i dont know how to port it to ics roms but it's gonna increase current in your lcd and disable auto brightness too as i said above
try to ask ThilinaC to port it for you and add it to add-ons

Last edited:

JMSpurs

Oct 15, 2011
Somerset
Ok well when I have the time I'll backup and give it a try ;), though I may also see what values he changed in the files and just do that instead. However it will probably just be which ever I feel like though ;).