• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Xperia S battery live thread

How many hours of screen time do you have per day?

• 4+ hours of screen time per day

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 3-4 hours of screen time per day

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 2-3 hours of screen time per day

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 1-2 hours of screen time per day

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 0-1 hours of screen time per day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Hey everyone,

I maybe have to buy a new phone, because my Nexus S died, and I didn't get a reaction from Samsung yet. I'm about sure that my next phone will be a Xperia S, but I'm not sure about battery life, so please post your battery life screenshots here!

Please also give information about your rom, kernel, etc..

Greetzz, Jojoost

Ryknex

May 13, 2012
Hey everyone,

I maybe have to buy a new phone, because my Nexus S died, and I didn't get a reaction from Samsung yet. I'm about sure that my next phone will be a Xperia S, but I'm not sure about battery life, so please post your battery life screenshots here!

Greetzz, Jojoost

Preety Happy With It If You Ask Me,Please Don't Forget To Use The Latest ICS 6.1.A.2.45 Firmware;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 569
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 524

mad_4u

Apr 28, 2012
Hey everyone,

Greetzz, Jojoost

Dont think of Xperia S get my advice
i have it only for 1 week and it was my bad mistake getting sony Xperia S
ICs is buggy
battery live if you lucky you will get 5hrs max

Reactions: louis.b

heart_of_life

Jul 21, 2012
ICs is buggy

Are u on weeds or something?

Battery life is great with the latest stock update, I'm a heavy user and I manage to make it for a day or so. Go for it.

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA app.

sinple

May 10, 2012
battery is good even with data, IF you dont use the screen.
On screen time with stock is 5-7 hours. And if you play game continuously, about 4 hours

Reactions: Qtrowx

MafiaManV

Jun 22, 2012
Zadar
~5 hours + on screen and about 1.5 days of battery if you only use it for text and call. I'd tap that

Guys , what's the catch with 5h screen time .:confused: I'm on latest built , non-rooted , and with the latest build having a bug that awakes a phone all the time , a have wlan ON always to prevent that . With that i get max 3h of screen time . Brightness is mosty @ 25% and i don't play games ...

sinple

May 10, 2012
Guys , what's the catch with 5h screen time .:confused: I'm on latest built , non-rooted , and with the latest build having a bug that awakes a phone all the time , a have wlan ON always to prevent that . With that i get max 3h of screen time . Brightness is mosty @ 25% and i don't play games ...

After playing continuously for 2hr, my batter drop from 80 to 40. Hence, I don believe it's only 3hr. Somemore I gets this time when playing plant war with 3g on

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
Folks... I came here for the same issue.... I love this phone, I had an HTC Desire Z before, I am a heavy user and flasher...

But I hardly get 6-7 hours from my Xperia S. Today, I was at work, I kept checking FB, RSS, twitter every 2-3 hours for 10-15 minutes. Other times it is on standby, screen off and not used.
I have Viber running, weather widget, background syncing, emails checked every hour or two but no FB autosync and **** like that.
After 5-7 hours I am down at 20+% and hardly used it. Is this like that??????

Right after unboxing, I did the OTA ICS update. Should I do a clean FlashTool flash instead?

Help folx.....

Efe64

Mar 14, 2012
Brussel
Sony Xperia 1

louis.b

Feb 17, 2012
Sydney
ICs is buggy

I agree. Sony gave my carrier (Vodafone Au) an outdated version of the ICS update. Vodafone then took forever to approve it. My ICS update has the wakelock issue and battery life has noticeably diminished. The launcher crashes now and then. It's still laggy to move from home screens. I mean how hard is it to make a decent ICS update given how late it was rolled out. And I find it's funny that in the ICS update thread A LOT OF users claimed that the early versions of ICS were buggy, and yet now when others complain about them they're branded trolls. Grow up for f's sake. If you dont have anything nice to say or help people just dont say it and keep being a fan boy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preety Happy With It If You Ask Me,Please Don't Forget To Use The Latest ICS 6.1.A.2.45 Firmware;)

please use the phone man ..
    Hey everyone,

Greetzz, Jojoost

ICs is buggy
    ICs is buggy

Troll

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
    battery is good even with data, IF you dont use the screen.
    On screen time with stock is 5-7 hours. And if you play game continuously, about 4 hours
    ICs is buggy

Not sure if using a Nokia 3310 or a dumb phone.