Xperia S becomes an experimental device for AOSP

Search This thread

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Yes, you read that right. The Xperia S tree will become an experimental playground to investigate possibilities to add more devices to AOSP. This doesn't mean we'll have a fully working build any time soon, but the work is starting on lower levels. This also means Xperia S becomes the first non-Nexus device supported in AOSP.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!msg/android-building/zji_sQGN9Oo/MoaS0xidmRMJ

More info here. Way to go Sony and JBQ and Bin4ry.

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
I wouldn't necessarily say supported, but it will be the first non-nexus to be merged into AOSP - and because of that maybe we might get a fee more devs here.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: darkerm

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
I wouldn't necessarily say supported, but it will be the first non-nexus to be merged into AOSP - and because of that maybe we might get a fee more devs here.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

TBH I intentionally made it sound like this, for people who think there is no development.

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
Jean-Baptiste Queru is an official google developer?

EDIT: ok, yes:

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
AOSP = Android Open Source Project.
It's the one by google.
JBQ wanted ot start this as an experiment, so we (FXP Team) thought we want to support this step and are currently building an AOSP tree for XPS which is mergeable :) Of course we have some experience on this device which helps us to get this straight forward :D Hopefully it will be good for other interested developers too!

So hopefully we can see Sony in official AOSP soon, this will be the first NON NEXUS device included to AOSP tree ;)

You can read the google groups postings if you are interested in current process.
For now, its just a start nothing finished here.

Regards

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
It's the one by google.
JBQ wanted ot start this as an experiment, so we (FXP Team) thought we want to support this step and are currently building an AOSP tree for XPS which is mergeable :) Of course we have some experience on this device which helps us to get this straight forward :D Hopefully it will be good for other interested developers too!

So hopefully we can see Sony in official AOSP soon, this will be the first NON NEXUS device included to AOSP tree ;)

You can read the google groups postings if you are interested in current process.

Regards
Too bad I can't help. Good luck to you all :)

metcard

May 26, 2010
Isn't the Motorolla Xoom a pure google device which isn't Nexus?
When can i GEDify my XS? :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you read that right. The Xperia S tree will become an experimental playground to investigate possibilities to add more devices to AOSP. This doesn't mean we'll have a fully working build any time soon, but the work is starting on lower levels. This also means Xperia S becomes the first non-Nexus device supported in AOSP.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!msg/android-building/zji_sQGN9Oo/MoaS0xidmRMJ

More info here. Way to go Sony and JBQ and Bin4ry.
    It's the one by google.

Regards
    Lots of development activity != lots of noob users banging around the forum that has 10 cm threads, 7 aokp threads, 4 aosp threads, 55 stock threads.

The xperia s has one of the best forums here. The right amount of dev activity and the least amount of silly noobs pissing off devs.

There is FXP, Kali-, doing original source work. There is letama doing the impossible wonder of dual boot. There are people like me and a few others kanging FXP work and bringing AOKP,PA etc... there are people like krabappel bringing such an awesome modded stock ROM.

And of course there is you dampening our spirits and being a dork.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
    And now for something promising. There is talk inside Sony about supporting this (i.e. licensing binaries and maybe more). It's all just talk for now, and it is yet to be decided by legal and management, but there is hope.
    Yea,i just need people really interested in the phone like other are, jut need DEvs attetion like other have, i cant believe u guys r so happy and satisfy with this poor development.....that why we dont have many users and customers with a Xperia S, even my dead Lg Optimus 2X has more sadness then this.
    Poor development, who are you kidding?
    You have all the major AOSP ROMs here, in fact, I'd say you had everything almost.
    Sorry but you are coming across as a right idiot, there are developers here that spend literally all their time working on ROMs for free and you act like a right twat saying there isn't enough, maybe its because stupid idiots like you exist on this forum and piss them off.
    Go and make a ROM if you are unhappy, but I doubt you could make anything decent judging by your opinions.

Ffs, you have the most recent android distribution working on this device, in many forms of ROMs such as AOSP, AOKP, CM and PA.

What ROM are you missing out on?

People like you make me want to eat a hat :/

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 2