Xperia™ XZ Dual | MY/SG Users | Details | All Are Welcomed

Search This thread

herasymcuk

Nov 12, 2008
The included software (games, apps), as far as I can tell.

The mayanmar one is a very clean customization... i'm thinking to flash the indian one to obtain the update for nougat. Where can i findthe indian one? Did you flash it with the latest version of flashtool (0.9.22.3) ? Just putting the ftf on the "firmware folder"...and starting the process? did you wipe something?

Kristof_clg

Aug 23, 2011
The mayanmar one is a very clean customization... i'm thinking to flash the indian one to obtain the update for nougat. Where can i findthe indian one? Did you flash it with the latest version of flashtool (0.9.22.3) ? Just putting the ftf on the "firmware folder"...and starting the process? did you wipe something?

Download the 6.0.1 FTF from here: http://www.xperiablog.net/forum/resources/categories/xperia-xz-dual.110/
Follow steps 1, 6 and 7 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68903483&postcount=3

This does not wipe your phone, then just wait for the 7.0 OTA, after the update i did restore the phone to start clean.

That's about it :good:

herasymcuk

Nov 12, 2008
Download the 6.0.1 FTF from here: http://www.xperiablog.net/forum/resources/categories/xperia-xz-dual.110/
Follow steps 1, 6 and 7 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68903483&postcount=3

This does not wipe your phone, then just wait for the 7.0 OTA, after the update i did restore the phone to start clean.

thank you verymuch. i'm downloading the indian ftf. Just some questions: it has lte icon or "4G"? it has nfc icon? )))

LiveSquare

Aug 26, 2010
Singapore

eelpout

Aug 19, 2007
could someone familiar with this region please tell me if 1306-9396, Customized MM, 39.0.A.1.250-R1B is Malaysia or Myanmar? I think it's one of those. I'm in the US but purchased the F8332 through a Singapore retailer. Thanks! (and yes waiting on Nougat is the reason ;) )

herasymcuk

Nov 12, 2008
could someone familiar with this region please tell me if 1306-9396, Customized MM, 39.0.A.1.250-R1B is Malaysia or Myanmar? I think it's one of those. I'm in the US but purchased the F8332 through a Singapore retailer. Thanks! (and yes waiting on Nougat is the reason ;) )
It's Myanmar, the same i have. still not ota for upgrade to nougat. i decided 2 days ago to flash the indian customization of marshmallow....and to optain immediatelly the nougat ota. i didn't wipe anything.... not before and not after. my phone goes smooth and fast. better than before. try it

Reactions: lnxcat

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
Can't wait, so decided to flash hk firmware.
These is what i found out so far.
1. New drop down UI
2. NEW Dialer UI
3. Phone more responsive
4. Better battery life.
5. Split screen option
6. New settings in display settings (Able to change DISPLAY SIZE. From small, medium and large. Small is like Z Ultra, 5 icons per row, UI, Nav bar becomes smaller.
7. Camera still as ****ty as before (Guess sony can't fix this for life)
8. Lost VOLTE (Due to different firmware maybe)

Overall quite satisfied. As the Display scaling is a plus point for me. Feels like a Z ultra again.

Isurus65

May 22, 2009
Can't wait, so decided to flash hk firmware.
These is what i found out so far.
1. New drop down UI
2. NEW Dialer UI
3. Phone more responsive
4. Better battery life.
5. Split screen option
6. New settings in display settings (Able to change DISPLAY SIZE. From small, medium and large. Small is like Z Ultra, 5 icons per row, UI, Nav bar becomes smaller.
7. Camera still as ****ty as before (Guess sony can't fix this for life)
8. Lost VOLTE (Due to different firmware maybe)

Overall quite satisfied. As the Display scaling is a plus point for me. Feels like a Z ultra again.

Thanks for sharing. I flashed the Indian firmware. VOLTE is working. I disabled a few extra games which came with it.

Battery life has definitely improved. It does not feel less responsive, though I am not sure that it is more responsive.

One strange thing I observed on cpu monitor apps is that the two high speed cpus are never used after the first few minutes from initial boot up.

Overall, I don't regret flashing. Does bring back the Z Ultra days. :)

LiveSquare

Aug 26, 2010
Singapore
Thanks for sharing. I flashed the Indian firmware. VOLTE is working. I disabled a few extra games which came with it.

Battery life has definitely improved. It does not feel less responsive, though I am not sure that it is more responsive.

One strange thing I observed on cpu monitor apps is that the two high speed cpus are never used after the first few minutes from initial boot up.

Overall, I don't regret flashing. Does bring back the Z Ultra days. :)
I too flashed Indian firmware but lost VoLTE, not sure why though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,I'm Creating This Thread For Malaysia & Singapore Users Of The Xperia™ XZ Dual

Capture without blur

The smartphone camera with advanced movement and colour capture. So life looks as beautiful as it is.
    Launched On 28 Sept 2016 In SG While 30 Sept 2016 In MY.

Images Of The Xperia™ XZ

Available in Mineral black/Platinum/Forest blue

sony-xperia-xz-hands-on-1-1024x683.jpg

sony-xperia-xz-hands-on-5-1024x683.jpg

P9287650.jpg

P9287646.jpg

P9287643.jpg

Images via lowyat.net & hardwarezone.com.sg

On Sale Date In Malaysia ; Singapore
    7th October 2016 ; 15th October 2016

The Specifications Of The Xperia™ XZ Dual

2iw4ymu.png

Other Specs Includes
    3GB RAM
    64GB Internal Storage ( DualSIM )
    2900mAh battery
    Fingerprint scanner

Latest firmware update for this phone
    Build number : 39.0.A.1.225
    Android version : 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Pricing Info

All These Prices Are Inclusive Of GST

Recommended Retail Price ( RRP ) Of The Phone In Malaysia ; Singapore
    XZ Dual F8332 - RM2,699 ; S$998

Others Handphone Shop Selling Prices

Original 1 Year Warranty Covered By Sony Malaysia ; Singapore
    -

Approved Product (AP) Imported From Others Countries Which Was Meant To Be Sold Originally
    2 Years Warranty
    -

Prices Will Be Updated If There's Any Changes

Pre-Order deal in MY at RM2,699 from 30 Sept - 7 Oct with free - :

Sony Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH80
    Xperia XZ Back case & screen protector
    type-C OTG 64GB thumb drive

Pre-order link here

Pre-Order deal in SG at S$998 from 30 Sept - 7 Oct with free - :

DK60 microUSB Charging Dock
    SR-64UY3A 64GB microSD
    S$25 Accessory voucher

MDR-NW750N Noise-cancelling headphone ( PWP at S$49 )

Pre-order link here

Any question to ask ?

Feel free to comment below no matter which country you come from ;)

Don't Forget To Hit
    2e6el90.png
    If This Helped You

What are the differences between the myanmar and the india's customizations?

The included software (games, apps), as far as I can tell.
    thank you verymuch. i'm downloading the indian ftf. Just some questions: it has lte icon or "4G"? it has nfc icon? )))

Mine says LTE, yes there is a NFC icon.
    It's Myanmar, the same i have. still not ota for upgrade to nougat. i decided 2 days ago to flash the indian customization of marshmallow....and to optain immediatelly the nougat ota. i didn't wipe anything.... not before and not after. my phone goes smooth and fast. better than before. try it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone