• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

(Xperia U)New Stock Firmware 6.1.1.b.1.89

Search This thread

donmarkon

Aug 17, 2010

screenshot2013041815381.png

Reactions: aman.chagar

aca89

Oct 6, 2009
Redmi K20 Pro
Ok, for those who have already flashed I have a few questions:

- how's the camera performing compared to previous fw? Is it still slow, especially in dark? How much does it take to take picture?
- dialer? Is it still laggy as hell? How much does it take to open up? Compared to previous fw?
- same for messaging
- ram consumption?
- does it slow down with locked screen? Can you listen to music without choppy sound?
- anything you might want to add?

I would test it myself but my computer broke down so currently I'm unable to.

Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia U New Firemware From Italy..plz Download and test it and say whats new and changed ( it is from Shisma)

http://ge.tt/789yfOe/v/0?c

Mirror : https://mega.co.nz/#!qZEXxAgK!cUDkYiSOJAVLBnvTIvi7kF8Wm7JwNv_JAofpAh3AWvI
    2. http://d-h.st/qIy
    Ok, for those who have already flashed I have a few questions:

- how's the camera performing compared to previous fw? Is it still slow, especially in dark? How much does it take to take picture?
    - dialer? Is it still laggy as hell? How much does it take to open up? Compared to previous fw?
    - same for messaging
    - ram consumption?
    - does it slow down with locked screen? Can you listen to music without choppy sound?
    - anything you might want to add?

I would test it myself but my computer broke down so currently I'm unable to.

Thank you very much.

So, here is my first impression after 15 minutes.
    I rooted it (locked BL) with the classic method and debloated it.
    -Camera seems to be the same, though quick capture finally seems to work ( not as quick as its name says :p )
    -I'm impressed with the dialer man! Not a single lag! Opening time 2-3 secs.
    -Messaging opening time: 2 secs, veeery smooth!
    -After debloating, holy crap! 185 MB free at startup!
    -The very first unlock takes a 2-3 secs after startup, but after it's instant, so it seems to be faster. Walkman also opens faster and runs fine!
    -The whole system seems to work a lot faster, now I'm trying YouTube if the tearing screen bug still persists.

Sony did a good job with this update. :victory:
    Here is a new debranded one on "mega", i wanted to upload to dev-host , but im still waiting for the activation mail..

89clean

It should work (gps, tether.. ) without any other modifications ...
    Everybody must see this;

Tethering isn't working because this is TIM branded rom and tethering only uses TIM apn, it isn't Sony's fault.

And I've fixed it. Open data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db, go to "secure" table, change the value of "tether_dun_required" to "0".

There is 2 way to edit settings.db, get a sqlite3 binary and do it from adb or copy settings.db to pc, edit via program and move to device via adb.
    I think its less than the. 54 fw can anyone remove all the bloatware apps & upload a clean. & smooth. ROM in a flashable format it will be very nice

I m not earning money by helping you so if u think I gave my time so pls press thanx button;)

I have uploaded a debranded room.zip of .89 , removed only the branding settings and apk's, i would remove a lot more but someone maybe uses Facebook , Timescape or.. something.. :)

6.1.1.b.1.89 debranded