Xperia X10 Rooting and Custom ROM Development

Search This thread

mootmaina

Feb 18, 2008
My understanding is that cymod already has and oc kernel so we can oc. Just watch the battery.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

Why would you want to overclock! Waist of time, effort and battery and heat. This device will be able to run andriod 3 (with some minor ram adjustments that im sure can be swapped from sd card) fine. And im not have any performance issues with 1.6 anyway.

I just want to see this device used to its full potential, i.e custom roms not full of crap and optimised for the x10.

keep up the work devs. My knowledge is minimal and wish i could help...

gfgodoy

May 4, 2010
São Paulo
Can a Moderator please make a Rooting and Custom ROM Development - Civilian/Non-Dev Discussion Thread and move all the non-dev related posts there please.
Despite the requests to keep it clean, it still goes off topic!
Thank you.

There shoul be a read-only thread.... EVERY F TIME I GET TO READ 3 pages of crap before something usefull. Sorry Its been like that with rooting and now with custom roms. People just CAN"T read/stay on topic.

james_2k

Apr 5, 2009
Why would you want to overclock! Waist of time, effort and battery and heat. This device will be able to run andriod 3 (with some minor ram adjustments that im sure can be swapped from sd card) fine. And im not have any performance issues with 1.6 anyway.

I just want to see this device used to its full potential, i.e custom roms not full of crap and optimised for the x10.

keep up the work devs. My knowledge is minimal and wish i could help...

pfffft.

overclocking 4 life. pc/phone/whatever, bigger faster stronger baby yeah!

Escaperoute

Aug 31, 2010
So what eveyone saying is Xperia X10 bootloader is finally hack and you can put Cyanogen ROM in X10, but i don't think it will work fully coz the driver for X10 like camera is not supported by Cyanogen, and X10 is just arrived in AT&T.

So i keep my finger cross for Cyanogen on X10 but maybe when the gingerbread (3.0) is out and Cyanogen team support the X10.

Findee

Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
So what eveyone saying is Xperia X10 bootloader is finally hack and you can put Cyanogen ROM in X10, but i don't think it will work fully coz the driver for X10 like camera is not supported by Cyanogen, and X10 is just arrived in AT&T.

So i keep my finger cross for Cyanogen on X10 but maybe when the gingerbread (3.0) is out and Cyanogen team support the X10.

Yes, the devs can write drivers for the camera. They have to write drivers for everything else anything.

Creptio

Jul 6, 2010
What we're doing is the base, and at this time reuse SE's filesystem for simplicity purposes. You should be able to run whatever you want on top of it just by replacing some lines on the "prepare.sh" script and modifying init.rc :)

PS: It boots, gets to the homescreen, and almost works as expected. Except for a little trouble where it remounts again mtd system partition to /system and then crashes the system unless you chroot again... but hey, it doesn't reboot, and I'm listening to music on the chrooted install :)
Oh, and telephony works perfectly fine ;) I have to do something with mountd remounting system partition...

@Bin4ry: Who said DRM was a useless piece of crap made only to prevent legal users from using drm protected stuff legally? Oh I love the irony... :p

I was really excited when i read this a few days ago, however a little disappointed to see no posts from him since then... Any updates in relevance to this?

monta990

Jan 3, 2011
some body have X10a_2_0_2_A_0_24_GLOBAL rooted

some body have X10a_2_0_2_A_0_24_GLOBAL rooted i cant found it, in the web, today i update to this version and i lost the root

This is the update files from SEUS (Sony Ericcson Updare System)
megaupload.com/?d=DBDCIGN5

Some boby can give me guide to mod the roms, thx for your help and sorry for my english.

nachicocum

Aug 8, 2010
Santiago de Querétaro
Help!

some body have X10a_2_0_2_A_0_24_GLOBAL rooted i cant found it, in the web, today i update to this version and i lost the root

This is the update files from SEUS (Sony Ericcson Updare System)
megaupload.com/?d=DBDCIGN5

Some boby can give me guide to mod the roms, thx for your help and sorry for my english.

Just the same issue!! Does anyone has achieved to root with this compilation??, have tried with z4root and Universal androot neither worked for me :(

senthilpgv

Aug 28, 2013
bangalore
Please help me to resolve x10 flashing Feralab

Default Please help me to resolve x10 flashing Feralab
--> Xperia x10, flashed with 2.3.3
--> Rooted , installed xrecovery
--> Locked boot loader

Steps followed to install FeraLab v29
-------------------------------------------
1. Booted into xRecovery
2. Install custom ROM
3. Chosen FeraKernel.zip

Failed on certification issue

then Installed CMW recovery, Could not flash ferakernel

Tried to flash Feralab v29 ROM it works, but stays in SE logo in 1st reboot..