an hsql local server is started at phone update
and i think that we can connect to it
and extract files
:d
lets see

ZenithUK

Mar 20, 2006
Fairphone
I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but what do the options under...
Service Menu > Service Tests > Security
...mean?

SEMC [Key OK][Active]
VIACCESS [Key OK][Deactive]
CMLA [Key OK][Active]
MARLIN [Key OK][Deactive]

pakraider

May 12, 2010
So after looking at the HSQL files in SEUS, it looks as though when you do an update using SEUS it queries the phone to see what the current version is (which we all know).....my question is how do I connect to my phone using an HSQL client the same way SEUS is?

I also found a file (jmxremote.password) that said this:
The "measureRole" role has password "QED". The "controlRole" role has password "R&D".

monitorRole QED - read only
controlRole R&D - read/write

I'm wondering if we can somehow either:
a) connect to the phone using HSQL to see if we have more options or supplies us with more info about the phone

Here's an idea...

set up your phone to connect to the internet via WiFi to a computer acting as a wireless access point (perhaps in adhoc mode).

Run Wireshark on the PC and sniff the packets going back and forth between the phone and the SEUS server, and you should be able to pick up hopefully what is going on; maybe some handshaking hopefully in clear text and not encrypted.

If the X10 can't connect in adhoc mode, then you could use a regular wireless access point and hook up your PC running Wireshark to that access point (or to a wired hub that shares a connection with the router), put the PC is promiscuous mode, and sniff the packets that way.

hoss_n2

Hello everyone,
sorry for my bad English but not speak it well.

I also possess x10 and wanted to know if there is something new to root or Roma.

here in Italy rumor that Paul modaco has failed in the root of the x10 .... but it's true?

this is the email that was just Paul wrote:

So the x10 has no obvious recovery partiton, seemingly no user accesible bootloader and is laid out like no other Android device. Ouch.

thanks
a link for this email please ,and does that mean that there will not be any root at all

san1 x10

May 12, 2010
This information may help someone here

when i updated firmware to 21 i saved this log from DaVinci Service Client v22.73

:>>>>>
Script initialization. Please wait...
Loading S1 Loader... OK
20091222 15:39:00 S1_LOADER R4A024 1226-2250
Memory Stick: 8GB
Opening TA...OK
Reading TA Please Wait...OK
Closing TA...OK
Opening MiscTA...OK
Reading TA Please Wait...OK

Writing TA Data...OK
Writing APP-SW/amss_fs.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/apps_log.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/amss.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/fota0.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/fota1.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/recovery.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/dsp1.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/boot.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/cache.sin...OK
Writing APP-SW/preset.ta...OK
Writing FSP/system_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin...OK
Writing FSP/userdata_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin...OK
Writing TA Data...OK
Starting Advanced Section...
Closing TA...OK
Shutting Down...OK
Your X10 Has Been Successfully Updated!
Execution Time - 00:07:47
Done! )))))

Davindy

Apr 19, 2007
When running SEUS it says I have the current version but then still proceeds to download the most current software (in case the phone is corrupt I guess?) when it connected to SE servers I was able to capture this (file attached) using a packet sniffer....

Not sure if it helps root, but it does show the path where the latest update comes from, maybe someone can find an older version or dev version on the servers some how?

The IP that all these connections were made to was:

The rest is in the attached picture

Attachments

• seus_capture.jpg
    seus_capture.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Davindy

Apr 19, 2007
So after doing some more captures, I was able to download 4 files directly from SEUS servers

All files are just long strings of characters, 3 of them were .bin files, and one was a .ser file.

The three bin files were 56KB, 15.8MB, and 109MB, if anyone wants these files to see if they are signed or has any idea of how these might help let me know and I'll post them somewhere.......

biktor_gj

Jan 25, 2008
So after doing some more captures, I was able to download 4 files directly from SEUS servers

All files are just long strings of characters, 3 of them were .bin files, and one was a .ser file.

The three bin files were 56KB, 15.8MB, and 109MB, if anyone wants these files to see if they are signed or has any idea of how these might help let me know and I'll post them somewhere.......
56Kb could be the bootloader, 15mb the kernel+initrd and 100mb the system image. Please upload them somewhere (rapidshare, megaupload, 2shared or such) so we can take a look!

Regards

sarky1

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
.bin files are images. You will have to extract them..

.ser file is a serialization
I would imagine you can view this with Eclipse or something. I opened it with an editor your able to read what its doing via that.

biktor_gj

Jan 25, 2008
Just for your information, SEMC Flash device is the same as in other sony ericsson phones, it reports itself as 0fce:adde (vendor ID:Device ID). So maybe we can flash the phone using SETool, XS++ or something like that... anyone knows about 3rd party flashing software wich lets you flash unsigned images? Some source code? :) (that would be too good)

instigator008

Jan 23, 2010
Mississauga
Just for your information, SEMC Flash device is the same as in other sony ericsson phones, it reports itself as 0fce:adde (vendor ID:Device ID). So maybe we can flash the phone using SETool, XS++ or something like that... anyone knows about 3rd party flashing software wich lets you flash unsigned images? Some source code? :) (that would be too good)

SETool does not currently support the X10. A compatible version is on its way apparently.
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
i didn't quite get that, you're saying i already have the image on my phone? if so, how can i extract it? i'd gladly send it to you guys

You could try the Blobfs method? :confused:

So maybe we can flash the phone using SETool, XS++ or something like that... anyone knows about 3rd party flashing software wich lets you flash unsigned images? Some source code? :) (that would be too good)

h ttp://support.setool.net/showthread.php?2029-Flashing-X10-Sucsess
:confused: (getting there..)

Last edited:

tiggerbcn

Jan 16, 2007
BCN
One thing you can flash with Davinci the X10, maybe they would know how to root the X10 with your program?