Xperia X2 Language versions

Search This thread

hertell

Nov 28, 2009
Helsinki
My intention is to collect info about different language-versions of the X2 (and keep up a list of them), and figure out an easy way to change the language for the device without having to reinstall foreign cabs...

I found in the Windows directory a couple of text-files with content being related to the language-versions. These files i found are:

\windows\swvercust.txt
\windows\swVersionCust.txt
The content is identical. Contais for example: Language Region = GENERIC_UK

\windows\swVersionPlatform.txt
This contains one line with "Platform Language = English"

\windows\swVersionProduct.txt
this again the SoftwareVersion and SoftwareId

From the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
Active is set to 00000409. This number again is found in the filename of sym.0409.txt. It looks btw to me that this file contains the characters that are displayed when hitting the SYM-key. I will reorder a couple of there rows, and i hope that i will get some characers i use frequently to show up in the beginning of the list. I update this after i got it tested.

Anyway, if you have other languages of your phones, then please post which version of the phone you have like GENERIC_xx and the value of Keyboard Layout in the registry.

hertell

Nov 28, 2009
Helsinki
While waiting for my x2 to get back from service, i checked through the cabs that are exracted from the MR2 cabs. One cab contains the swvercust.txt, and to me it sounds logical that it is this cab that set's the device-version. So you guys who are testing to change the language to eg. english (as explained over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682497). Try to install first only this cab: zzz020_content.cab

Anyway, when i get my x2, then i'll try to track down which cab contains the relevant info for changing the language...