Xperia X8 update 2.1 Discussion thread

Search This thread

muzik_demon

Oct 21, 2010
Daniel try using superoneclick 1.4.5 I used to use it to root my x8 in android 1.6..

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

langsk

Nov 11, 2010
the "4 hieroglyph languages (DON'T KNOW)" as below

1. Korean
2. Chinese (simplified)
3. Chinese (traditional)
4. Chinese (Hong Kong)

icefish1412

Oct 19, 2010
I tried with SOC 1.4, 1.5 but doesn't work. I have to wait until android 2.1 is avaible for Romania. Maybe if u have another ideea to root my phone, i'll listening.
Thank's everyone for effort

Hey daniel try SOC 1.5.1, but replace the su files with the one from the x10mini exploid. Or maybe you could try the latest version of SOC, but replace the su first.

I've got mine rooted that way. Somehow the default su from SOC just stuck, but replacing that solved the problem.

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
Hello guys can I ask about Flash Player ? I have Android 2.1 but after installing flash player and reboot i still can`t open flash pages in the browser any help ?

Or is anyone try the flash player ?

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Currently there is no workaround for flash and android 2.1. Only HTC devices with 2.1 have flash lite 4 but it relies on their firmware and sense ui so it can not be ported to other devices. Only SE can help us by integrating flash lite in 2.1 with next update or giving us update to android 2.2. But i doubt that they will do it.

ker0ltjuh

Apr 24, 2010
flash 10.1 on a 600mhz processor is horrible 0.o flash is even laggy on galaxy s...
why would u want it?

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Well flash lite 4 should work fine on 600MHz. Flash lite 3 works ok on my nokia 5230 and it has 434MHz cpu. I also prefer to have laggy flash instead of having no flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you know update is already out. Here is information how to change your customization code so you can update:

1. You need your phone to be rooted. I use superoneclick 1.5.0. for me it works best. Newest versions do not work correctly at my X8. The attached archive X8win is the superonelick 1.5.0. You should enable usb debugging (settings->applications-development) and connect the phone to your pc. If you do not have drivers for the debug mode you can use the ones from the "X8 drivers" archive which i have also attached. After you have the drivers installed ,usb debug enabled and phone connected start superoneclick.exe and press root. You may need to wait 5 or even 10 minutes for it to complete. Wait until you see "Your device is rooted" popup.

2. Install root explorer. I have also attached it. Start root explorer. Open the "system" folder. In the upper right corner of root explorer you will see "Mount R/W" button. Press it. Now go to the build.prop file. Long press on it and select "Open in text editor". You should edit the following items:

ro.product.name=E15i_XXXX-XXXX where XXXX-XXXX is the customization code. For example mine is 1241-3708 but there is still no update for it.

ro.build.fingerprint=SEMC/E15i_XXXX-XXXX/sonyEricssonE15i/

ro.semc.version.cust=XXXX-XXXX

You should replace XXXX-XXXX with the desired customization code for all the lines listed above.

When ready press the menu button (left) while still in the text editor and press save.

3. VERY IMPORTANT - REBOOT YOUR PHONE.
    4. After reboot check for update with Update service or PC Companion and it should find it.

If you edit your build.prop on your pc and return it back to the phone you should correct it's permissions so that it can be read by user, group and others and written by group using root explorer.

You can also see the codes which have the update at the sony ericsson product blog:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/11/

Customization codes with update so far:

1242-7327
    1236-9291
    1241-4091 - It is russian firmware but has following languages:

Russian Firmware contains languages:
    Русский (Russian)
    Bahasa Indonesia
    Bahasa Melayu
    Basa Sunda
    Bosanski
    Catala
    Cestina
    Dansk
    Deutch (Deutschland, Liechtenstein, Oesterreich, Schweiz)
    Eesti
    English (Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zeland, Singapore, South Africa, UK, US)
    Espanol (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Espana, Mexico)
    Euskara
    Francais (Belgique, Canada, France, Suisse)
    Galego
    Hrvatski
    Islenka
    Italiano (Italia, Svizzera)
    Jawa
    Laviesu
    Lietuviu
    Magyar
    Nederlands (Belgie, Nederlands)
    Norsk bokmai
    Polski
    Portugues (Brasil, Portugal)
    Romana
    Shqipe
    Slovenscina
    Slovensky
    Srpski
    Suomi
    Svenska
    Tagalog
    Turkce
    Greece
    Bulgarian
    Kaзak
    Ukrainian
    Korean
    Chinese (simplified)
    Chinese (traditional)
    Chinese (Hong Kong)

Here is how to check your customization code:

1. Lock the screen of your phone. Press the menu button (left button) so that the screen is lit but still locked.
    2. Press the home (central button) and back (right button) in following sequence:

home-back-back-home-back-home-home-back

Try several times if you can not do it the first time. when successful secret menu will appear. Go to Service info->Software info and find "customization version"
    It should be something like 1241-3708_R3A (this is my code, your will be different but the same format).

CURRENTLY THEE IS NO WORKING ROOT FOR 2.1. Superoneclick and z4root do not work.
    Cooking custom rom for X8

Greetings all,
    I will post these tips for those willing to repeat the success of custom roms on the X10i.

You can find a few X10i forums where they have cooked cyanogen rom.
    To cook the new 2.1/2.2 rom, use standard kitchen from this link :
    Cooker guide

You can start with HTC Legend template, but than modifications to .mk file are required.
    Finally all the binary libs and custom files should be added to the rom, than cook it.
    Once cooked (took 50min on dual P4-3Ghz machine), you get update.zip, system.img and boot.img files.
    I've been playing with .zip files and noticed they don't have file permissions kept.
    So the one to use is system.img, you can extract files from it with unyaffs tool (google it, its free).
    If you extract files under unix (Linux/MacOS) file permissions will be kept and files are ready to be copied to the phone.
    It's quite annoying to flash phone every time you made a mistake, so first make sure you prepare your X8 to boot from sdcard.

To boot from sdcard, we need to hijack the boot process from sony and mount our own /system and /data partitions.
    After booting kernel, X8 runs the init.rc script that loads up Android.
    Before the start, it checks if phone is off and plugged to charge (you probably saw this feature when phone is switched off on charge and screen shows battery animation)

This check is called chargemon, and its /system/bin/chargemon.
    We can replace this file with a script.
    Prepare the card like this :

1. FAT partition (fat16/fat32), 100MB or more
    2. /system partition EXT2, 512MB
    3. /data partition EXT2, 512MB

Once partitioning is done, mount the 2nd and 3rd partition on the phone and copy files over :

mkdir /data/local/tmp/1
    mount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/local/tmp/1
    busybox cp -rp /system/* /data/local/tmp/1/
    umount /data/local/tmp/1
    mount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /data/local/tmp/1
    busybox cp -rp /data/* /data/local/tmp/1/
    umount /data/local/tmp/1

This script will make phone mount /system and /data partitions from the sdcard :
    chargemon:
    #!/system/bin/sh

# Mount system and data @SD card
    /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    /system/bin/mount -t ext2 -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,nosuid,nodev /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /data
    /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    /system/bin/mount -t ext2 -o rw,noatime,nodiratime /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system

create file chargemon, chmod it 755 and put in /system/bin/
    You should also put e2fsck from CM Legend rom in /system/bin/ and ext2 libs that it needs into /system/lib/, or put a # before checks if you don't care :)

If sdcard is not present, phone will boot in normal way, and with sdcard inside you can boot your custom rom or modified standard system (for example with lots of installed apps and custom framework/fonts/...)

I hope this helps someone with more time, as I don't have much experience cooking roms.

Summary
    1. Kernel can't be changed until bootloader is hacked, so we have to stick with 2.6.29.
    2. Boot process can be hijacked by modifying files called from init.rc script.
    3. We can boot anything from the sdcard

P.S. if you have little idea what this is about, better wait and don't bother.
    Second update try was successfull. Now I have 2.1 in my x8