• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xperia Z1 Cases & Covers

Search This thread

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Ah, yes his case does not have any obstruction in the way.

What this means is other bumper cases also will not work with the DK31 charger even if they have opening for the dock. An opening in the case does not prove it will work with the DK31 dock unless otherwise confirmed.

What is the point of sony providing a dock attachment that is for cases but only very thin ones. For metallic screw on bumpers this will be a real hassle.

ok, so following this guide:
http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/24/sonys-dk30dk31-charging-dock-can-be-hacked-to-use-the-magnetic-cable-instead/

i dissasembled my dock because it's stupid and usless anyway and feels unstable, so now i have a charging cable :p lol.

unfortunatly the opening in my case was still too small so i had to open it up a bit with a stanely knife, 2 mm in each side :) did it slowly with some patience, took excatly 5 minutes and now the cable comes in perfectly and it's a snaping just fine and charging :)

Reactions: One Twelve

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
I have bought Rock Slim Flip Leather (imitate..) Cover and its OK for me :p, here are some pictures:

e2rl.jpg

bzia.jpg

The back is semi-transparent... I like it

ifl7.jpg

u2zq.jpg

v63c.jpg

You have acces to almost all the ports :highfive:

You cant acces the SIM/reboot port, but so far I dont need it... yet :victory:, power, volume and camera are there ;)

gacj.jpg

SD/USB and magnetic ports doesn't represent a problem :cool:

xdkq.jpg

3.5 jack and audio are free

4inp.jpg

r3x3.jpg

So I like it, maybe the only bad thing its that to take a photo, because of the cover, you have to hold it maybe in an uncomfortable way for some people, for me works ok, Im thinking in buy another but a different colour :silly:

P.D: Sorry for the bad photos :(

Last edited:

DripleX

Dec 11, 2009
Augsburg
driplex.de
I would like to present you a metal case made of aluminium.
I bought it on eBay Germany for 7,15 EUR including shipping.

I want an alu-bumper, because it doesn't hide the nice glas of the Xperia Z1. The most of it does completely hide the back side.
The case came from Hong Kong. The shipping took about 10 days to Germany.
I am totally happy with the quality. It fits everything as it should and there are all cut-outs available. The processing I find really good. I would not have expected that.
The magnetic USB charging cable from Sony fits great as well, which isn't the case at the most of it.
The signal strength has not become poor as it occurs in most metal-cases.

And now a few pictures of it:

Sorry for my bad english, I am german. ;)

Hanozy

Oct 15, 2011
Sweden
I got a krusell case and a copter screen protector, it's held me scratchfree for 1 month now.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I want an alu-bumper, because it doesn't hide the nice glas of the Xperia Z1. The most of it does completely hide the back side.
I am totally happy with the quality. It fits everything as it should and there are all cut-outs available. The processing I find really good. I would not have expected that.
The magnetic USB charging cable from Sony fits great as well, which isn't the case at the most of it.

Since my magnetic charger is the dock version do you think it would work with it?

TrueRedRedvil

Jan 10, 2014
I am using the Incipio Feather case, which is super nice designed, very comfortable feels the pone. I have never dropped the phone or else, but after two months, 2 cracks on the edges of the case appeared. It is strange because I care a lot for my Z1 and can not understand when and how these cracks appeared. So if you buy an Incipio have in mind that because it is polycarbonate, hard case can be broken.

Last edited:

Shrugz

Aug 10, 2010
Haugesund
Shrugz- take a look at the elementcase soft-tec - looks very similar and I know elementcase make good quality stuff :)

I'm about to order one too :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Link

http://www.elementcase.com/Soft-Tec-Wallet-for-Sony-Xperia-Z1-p/syxp-1010-kr00.htm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Damn, looks sleek! But still, also looks like it ill add some extra bulk with that mounting device. I was hope for something without that mounting stuff. Though, i would appreciate some feedback when you get yours :D

LeeTL

Jan 31, 2010

Looks really good. However, are you able to measure the thickness of the case? Thanks!

transitcheck

Jan 26, 2014
ballistic shell case

I bought a shell sg ballistic case for my z1. It makes z1 bolder however more handful at same time. Power, volume and camera keys are way easier than naked. I dropped my z1 many times both intentionally or not and not a scratch. It's made with cutting edge tech. Every spot fits perfectly. The only problem I encountered was that it didn't have slot for the docking charge module. It must have been considered impossibble to fit in dock station but they ignored the after market solutions.

So I opened a slot for dock and charge my phone with case.

I also bought a nillkin case with flip cover. It's bad when you use camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Element case is an excellent. The quality and packaging is top notch and well worth the price and it made in USA. Thanks to someone who posted the link. I bought it from ebay. One thing, I wish the flash attached magnetically, and also I wouldnt use the card slots because it takes away the lightness of the case. Sorry, I used my Ipad for the pics
    I just received my IMAK Slim Crystal Clear case for Sony Xperia Z1 from China. It was delivered to Poland in just 11 days with free Economy shipping that was provided on this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-Imak-.../321203585831?ssPageName=ADME:L:eek:C:GB:3160

Here is my review of the case:
    Got the Roxfit Premium Gel Shell for the Z1 just now. £15 from Amazon (including free delivery for Prime customers) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EZ43CES

I've tried many cases from many different companies, but Roxfit covers are always of a high standard and, thankfully, this is no exception.

I got the black version - not sure if they do a white or clear version for the white Z1, but I'm happy anyway - it still shows the rear off nicely. Ditto for anyone that gets the purple Z1.

WP_20131003_14_20_00_Pro.jpg WP_20131003_14_22_05_Pro.jpg WP_20131003_14_24_03_Pro.jpg WP_20131003_14_24_18_Pro.jpg WP_20131003_14_24_30_Pro.jpg WP_20131003_14_19_22_Pro.jpg
    And the official camera cases are now official too. Apparently they will cost a pretty penny though (€29,- according to the german sony site). In black:
    10e7f13c57c0151d921f485c59590bac.jpeg

0815a34acc8d27bb491c2f64fc2ff709.jpeg

and in white:
    c7dc9cac678d9420c8cce41c0abc82bc.jpeg
    Found the aluminium bumper on amazon available in all colours, looks delicious.

Link