Search This thread

paras

Apr 15, 2007
Love my dock.
yvu7uqe4.jpg

Sent From My Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 White .402

skip24ftlb

Sep 27, 2006
After a phone holder that doesn't vibrate when you hit a bump. Any recommended car holders ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

stubbadub

Apr 28, 2014
Chorley

Looks a bit goofy but hey, it works. Built-in charger with multiple headers for different phones and an extra usb port.

I bought this. Not sure if mine is faulty but the phone holder doesn't seem too secure when attached to the arm part. It also could be that my 12v socket is in-between the seats next to the hand brake, not in the column below the stereo so i have to have the phone in a horizontal position.

It may be good for people who have their 12v socket below the stereo but not if it is beside them.

I would rather not have suction cups so can anyone recommend a vent holder?

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
I've just ordered one, and should be delivered next week. Seems to be very useful and we'll made, we'll see. I'll detail my impressions once possible.

Hopefully you better luck getting yours than I have.

USPS seems to have lost mine and seller thinks logistics company is probably just busy and I should "please waiting some days". I'm not sure why they'd be busy at this time of the year or how being busy would make a departure scan from sort facility take over 1 week now to make to the next one that's 2hr away. What's even better is I order some other items on the same day that went thru NY ISC the day before but ground instead of air to the CA and were already delivered, so it looks like a truck can drive across the country in 4 days but so far it has taken over 1 week to drive <100 miles.

I'm pretty the seller will ship another one after a few more weeks(might be better off ordering a second one just to get it sooner). If the first one ever shows up it likely be after I no long have my Z2.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
Hopefully you better luck getting yours than I have.

USPS seems to have lost mine and seller thinks logistics company is probably just busy and I should "please waiting some days". I'm not sure why they'd be busy at this time of the year or how being busy would make a departure scan from sort facility take over 1 week now to make to the next one that's 2hr away. What's even better is I order some other items on the same day that went thru NY ISC the day before but ground instead of air to the CA and were already delivered, so it looks like a truck can drive across the country in 4 days but so far it has taken over 1 week to drive <100 miles.

I'm pretty the seller will ship another one after a few more weeks(might be better off ordering a second one just to get it sooner). If the first one ever shows up it likely be after I no long have my Z2.

I've just received it today 8th July, order confirmed the 25th June...so long transit time, but still in time according to seller's information.

The dock seems to be surprisingly of good build quality. I've just installed it in my brand new car, and it needs to be tested indeed, but first impression are quite satisfying.

The phone adjusts fine on the magnetic connector, and in fact it doesn't really comes into it, like the Sony's charging dock, but comes just on top of it, and with help of the magnetic connection or holds fine.

Will report later after few days/weeks of use.

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
I found the same dock on ebay from sone US sellers for about half the price so went ahead ordered another one(if the first ever shows up or they send another instead of a refund I'll just use it in the wife's car).

The one from eBay didin't until Tue evening & with holiday was delivered on Sat.

I'm not sure how I feel about the quality. I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Motorola docks (none are) but it's similar to the cheap 3rd parties I used with my old HTC touch & touch pro but at a higher price(from some sellers).

I had a hard time getting the charging pins to make contact (need to headphone jack firmly pressed against left edge of dock-just dropping in usually doesn't work). I'm not sure why they even put a magnet on it since the charging pins are fixed and like you said the phone sits on the pins. Due to the alignment issues I've had I'd prefer it floated and actually used the magnet like the Sony dock.

It also doesn't seem to charge as well as the Sony sock (using same cable/charger). I actually lost 1% on my drive home today (probably would have been close to 10% without charging-screen 100%/navigation/BT streaming/phone calls/smartwatch) while the Sony dock had been charging phone quite well while driving.

I think if Aliexpress just gives me a refund (since it's not likely the dock will ever get delivered) I might just get a pro clip Z2 dock since they're available in the US now.

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
OK, looks like it charges quite fast and might have something to do with why it quit charging for me earlier. I haven't seen it happen on the Z2 but I had a lot of issues with my OG Razr & sometimes with my Razr HD with it hitting a thermal limit and stop charging.

I was running some errends around town for the past couple of hours(in & out of the car) and it charge 20%. I didn't use navigation this time but still had GPS feeding speed/heading on my car home plus all the other things running. While I between stops I check CPU/battery temp and they were 131/110 so that leads me to think it had hit a thermal limit earliy and the fast charging prior added the extra heat to hit the limit.

Rafo82

Mar 1, 2011
Imobi4 charge dock for Z2, found on ebay or amazon. Phone fits nicely with the Roxfit case.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

The Imobi4 dock comes with a 3.4A charger btw.

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xsp-n1bt

Found this today while looking for a new car stereo, all I can say is WOW!

It's purpose built to be used with the Xperia phones - acts as a phone dock and charges through the charging strip. I've seen pricing is going to be $250 and it'll be released in May, hopefully it's available in the UK at a reasonable price.

Not sure if this youtube link will show up correctly.

I bought it and give it back after 5 minutes of tests.

It was AWFUL, a real nightmare!! And I'm a very big fan of Sony! :(

Software was horrible, functions missing and bad bugs (the phone keyboard not working wehn connected)

fatguy666

Jun 28, 2012
Glasgow
I bought it and give it back after 5 minutes of tests.

It was AWFUL, a real nightmare!! And I'm a very big fan of Sony! :(

Software was horrible, functions missing and bad bugs (the phone keyboard not working wehn connected)

Missing functions like what? I really only use mine for poweramp, add that into app remote and it was fine for me. App remote can be a bit flaky and not work, usually turning Bluetooth off and on again fixes it.

Also, when connecting through Bluetooth it this there's a hardware keyboard I'm use which stops the normal keyboard working. Need to disable input under the Bluetooth paired setting or disable hardware keyboard in the phone's input settings.

Not sure any of is in the manual unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts