• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xperia Z3 (D6603) bootloop after XZDualRecovery install

Search This thread

YOEL_44

May 24, 2014
My first thread and my only device, please help.
My device was rooted 3 years ago downgrading to 23.0.A.2.93 then flashing a prerooted stock ROM.
Right now I was using 23.5.A.1.291 SLiMM 3.8 with SuperSU 2.82 and Xposed 89, but I think at some point I tried to update BusyBox and lost access to the recovery.
So my idea was to instal XZDualRecovery (2.8.26) then unlock bootloader and jump into some newer version of Resurrection Remix (my fav ROM) cause I felt I was quite behind and I don't really like any new device.

How I broke it:
I connected it to my computer (Win10), enabled USB debugging, clicked on the install.bat from XZDR and allowed debugging and root access, the script went as I thought it should, threw some "couldn't write" errors but I think the script figured out as I saw some mounting system partition and whatnot underneath, when it finished it tried to reboot and there I am, I cannot go past the Sony logo and it constantly reboots.

What I tried:
Using Xperia Companion's "Software repair", I shut the device down, I press volume - and connect USB, my computer finds a USB device but the software doesn't recognize it as my device, so it doesn't continue.
I also tried doing the same but this time with volume +, it recognizes my device but it says that is locked and to please unlock it (as in drawing the unlock pattern) but the screen is black and doesn't react.
Flashtool also cannot find the device.
My last attempt was to unlock the bootloader to see if that changed anything, fastboot doesn't do anything and shows < waiting for any device >.

The best of this all is that I didn't even have a backup of almost anything, as this process doesn't wipe anything I thought I was in the clear, the more you know...

Last edited:

YOEL_44

May 24, 2014
Come on guys, I need some help, somewhere from where to start, either to recover my files or to revive my Z3.