Xperia Z4 tablet and Android 7.0 Nougat

Search This thread

Yes it looks like it has gone from 32.3.A.0.372 to 32.3.A.0.376 for the same MENU Arabic release.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Yes it looks like it has gone from 32.3.A.0.372 to 32.3.A.0.376 for the same MENU Arabic release.

Ok got the FTF hosted here:
http://www.electronicpunk.com/xperia/
I won't be creating it for any other versions, this was just done for personal use and sharing it for convenience.

Just flashed it myself and just booting now.
I doubt I will recognise any changes, but will edit this post once it boots successfully and hasn't caught on fire etc :D

Edit: And all booted fine.
I will likely do one last one when the Nordic version is released, I would expect it to be mostly identical, but thats what my device shipped with so will stick to it, not always paying attention to these forums so occasionally do get suprised by the odd OTA ;)

Last edited:

tottelicious

Apr 6, 2015
I installed 378 on my Nordic LTE Tablet (with full wipe). However - I'm getting noise (almost like coilwhine) from the screen/digitizer now!? It's especially noticeable in Google Maps when you pan and zoom using multiple fingers. And it's noticeable in a quiet room.

EDIT; If I enable power saver the noise somewhat diminishes but is still there.

Last edited:
I installed 378 on my Nordic LTE Tablet (with full wipe). However - I'm getting noise (almost like coilwhine) from the screen/digitizer now!? It's especially noticeable in Google Maps when you pan and zoom using multiple fingers. And it's noticeable in a quiet room.

EDIT; If I enable power saver the noise somewhat diminishes but is still there.

Not getting that at all :(

Only difference so far noticed with Nordic version over the MEA version is it comes with Spotify (which can be disabled)

ploopower79

Oct 17, 2012
Houston
I'm still pretty upset that YouTube is still messed up.

After watching for a while the video will stop but audio continues...then the video will glitch back up to speed with the audio which can last anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds. If I'm just listening to music or "stories" you can't really tell the difference but it happens often enough to where it's so infuriating lol.

Full wipe no mods or anything man ugh!!!

Islamelhakim

Mar 7, 2017
Cairo
Anyone know when the official version will be made available to customized version 1296_4830 r9c ?
I am also still waiting for the update on the same customized version, bad news is now when I search using the support app or by IMEI on the Sony page it says no new update available, before a couple of weeks ago it started that android 7.0 will be available. Does that mean Sony has stopped the update for the region??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I should have clarified further by update I meant releasing another tablet in general! I am very pleased with my purchase and have definitely gotten my money's worth from Sony. My first Sony product was the Xperia z1 c6902 which blew my mind as well. I almost got the z3 but the over heating problems stopped me lol. I was almost always about to get Sony...but finally landed on this tablet and the latest Xperia xz and really enjoy them.

I'd say there's very, very little chance we'll ever see a followup to this tablet.

* The Tablet Z arrived just six months after the Tablet S. The Z2 Tablet followed 12 months later. The Z3 Tablet Compact followed after another 7 months, and the Z4 Tablet another 8 months later. It has been 19 months now since the Z4 Tablet was released, a delay that's unprecedented in Sony's entire tablet history, and is fast approaching twice as long as there has ever been between tablet releases.

* Tablet sales are tanking. They barely outsell laptop PCs at all any more (2016 tablet sales were 19.5% higher than 2016 laptop sales, and 2017 tablet sales are forecast to be only 8% greater than 2017 laptop sales. And that's unit sales, mind you: In terms of dollar sales volume I'd guess laptops alone are probably back in the lead, now. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...l-third-successive-year-pc-market-stabilises/

* Apple and Samsung basically have a lock on the market already. I can't find final 2016 numbers, but together they were hovering at around a combined 40% global market share for the first three quarters of 2016. The next largest vendor is Lenovo, and it's hovering around a paltry 5-7% share. Sony isn't even in the top 13 tablet vendors, and every vendor from sixth place or below in the market has a share of less than half a percent to itself. So at *best* Sony is selling less than a million tablets per year, probably far less -- and that's between both the Z3 Tablet Compact *and* the Z4 Tablet. I wouldn't be surprised if they're selling significantly less than 100,000 units worldwide of the Z4 Tablet in total. That's dismal! (https://www.statista.com/statistics/276635/market-share-held-by-tablet-vendors/ and http://fortune.com/2016/10/31/apple-samsung-tablets/ and https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS41632416)

My guess is that Sony has already silently made its decision to exit the tablet market and focus on phablets instead, sadly. I highly doubt we'll ever see another Sony tablet, at least within the next several years. Given that fact, I'm honestly surprised that Sony is even bothering to give us updates at all any more. I certainly don't expect we'll get many after Nougat 7.1.1 -- perhaps a few security rollups, but probably nothing adding new features any more. And kudos to Sony for even doing that: If this were Samsung we were talking about, I'd have expected them to cancel our Nougat update and stop security patches immediately that they decided not to make any more tablets.
    Could you upload the FTF file?

Uploaded the one I made here:
    www.electronicpunk.com/xperia/

Obviously keep in mind that it looks like this was pulled for some reason and whatever officially comes back will be newer.

Personally not had any major problems with it, perhaps:
    - Auto rotation being a bit flakey with forced landscape apps when I go back to the homescreen
    - Maybe fails to time the screen out, but then it may have always!
    I have tried to install it but the flashtool is unable to recognise the FTF on latest flashtool
    Older version of flashtool can see FTF but is not able to flash it

Sorry to hear that man all I can think of would be to re-download the ftf which I know is a pain

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Really now? I think Sony is doing a great job supporting this tablet and it really shows they care and support this premium device. If this was a Samsung it would be way behind that.

Sorry I should have clarified further by update I meant releasing another tablet in general! I am very pleased with my purchase and have definitely gotten my money's worth from Sony. My first Sony product was the Xperia z1 c6902 which blew my mind as well. I almost got the z3 but the over heating problems stopped me lol. I was almost always about to get Sony...but finally landed on this tablet and the latest Xperia xz and really enjoy them.
    Got everything flashed and running for some reason it didn't delete my user data even though I told it to so once it booted up I went to the settings and dis a factory reset myself and had it charging to 100%. One of the first things I noticed was that notification audio is noticeably louder.

Pros so far:
    1) split screen is amazing
    2) I love the new updated icons toggles in the status bar. Being able to swipe down once for the toggles and then again for expanded view is awesome.
    3) loving the updated notifications nouget brings
    4) overall smoother than MM I hadn't done anything to my z4 and left it totally stock and I feel like it was starting to slow down.

Cons:
    1) gets warm borderline hot when I was setting it up again but that's to be expected I'll keep an eye on it.
    2) on MM when I would play YouTube for a while eventually the video would freeze but the audio continues for a little while and then eventually would crash. This has happened once so far but I'll give the system some time to settle in.
    3) speaking of the system even on a clean install it was already taking up almost 10gb of storage which is disappointing.
    4) it's not 7.1.1 I'm sure there are only small improvements but still to wait this long is kinda bad for their "premium" tablet which I also don't see them updating for a while.
    5) cell signal...maybe it's T-Mobile, maybe it's where I live, maybe it's the fact that I switched from a German brand to the customized SA, but I feel like it has gotten worse but I'll report back on that later as well.

Battery life is still up in the air as I've only charged it once so I'll update after about a week or so giving it time to settle in.