1- It takes pictures with blurry left side
2- Details are soft and not clear , sharpness is really bad if compared the Samsung Galaxy S6 , Iphone 6S and LG G4
3- The camera has troubles with focusing on close objects ( less than 10 cm )
4- Aggressive corners image distortion
5- Blue/purple tint on low light pictures
6- Slow and laggy shutter speed which is not accpeted for such high end specs
7- Only some limited manual controls
1. My unit does not do this. I think it could be hardware related so take it in for inspection/repair/replacement
2. I have had the Xperia Z1 and now the Z5. Both phones suffer the same issues. Sony's aggressive post-processing imaging software. Sony need to fine tune the software so that it does not do this. You take a nice picture, and when you zoom in, or view it on a bigger screen, the photos appear soft and lacks detail. However, I feel that the Z5 is better at processing images than my Z1 was.
3. Not sure about this one, but I have never experiences any issues with focusing. But I prefer using touch to focus rather than autofocus.
4. Interestingly enough, i sometimes get this, sometimes I do not. I think its related to point 2. The Sony's post-processing imaging software/algorithms
5. I find this happens in the dark in the black courners or when there is dark shadows. When I use the flash to take a photo of something close, I do not get this issue. But when i walk back and try to take a photo from the distance, the black parts do exhibit the purple.
6. Never notices.
7. This has always been a Sony thing. But I think their Manual modes are pretty good. But im not a huge photographer. I prefer to point and shoot rather than play around with manual controls to get the best picture.
For me, I find most of the issues Sonys pictures have is due to their post-processing algorithms. The hardware is definitely there. Sony needs to just fix the software!!