Attachments

• XposedVolumeBar.jpg
    XposedVolumeBar.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 16,531
Last edited:

Chris32B

Jun 21, 2015
Berlin
Hi, on my Head Unit 800x480 the "Volume Bar" is not displayed in its entirety. Left and right the icons are not shown and the background is completely black.
I will soon if possible a photo to upload.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad English.

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
Hi, on my Head Unit 800x480 the "Volume Bar" is not displayed in its entirety. Left and right the icons are not shown and the background is completely black.
I will soon if possible a photo to upload.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad English.

Yes, please attach a screenshot. Also, would you tell me what ROM do you use?
PS. Strangely enough, nobody else reported any issues with this simple mod.

Chris32B

Jun 21, 2015
Berlin
Hallo

My ROM is "updateKLD800x480KK4.4.4.rk3188.150820.150821"

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2,701
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 2,663

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
Hallo

My ROM is "updateKLD800x480KK4.4.4.rk3188.150820.150821"

So I see that the icons are not fitting entirelly. This is related to screen DPI you have. Your ROM - is is a stock one or some custom ROM from this forum? I never used stock ROMs, reflashed to custom one almost immediately. Most custom ROMs have setting for screen DPI, not sure if that's true for stock ROMs. I'd suggest you to play with the DPI, just raising it for a minor value should help.

But what do you mean when you say "the background is completely black"? On your photos, the background looks like it should.

Chris32B

Jun 21, 2015
Berlin
The ROM is here on the forum.
Thanks a lot for your help. I will try it with changing the DPI.

With the black background that was my mistake.

EDIT:

I've changed the build.prop

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 --> 225

Now it looks good. Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
The ROM is here on the forum.
Thanks a lot for your help. I will try it with changing the DPI.

With the black background that was my mistake.

EDIT:

I've changed the build.prop

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 --> 225

Now it looks good. Thanks a lot for your help.

You wrote that you had DPI set to 240 - this is normal setting for the 1024x600 screens as far as I know.
For 800x480 it should be something like 160 or 180, don't remember exactly.
Anyways, it's just for your information, and it is up to you to choose what is better for you.

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
I installed this in my RK3188 1024x600 unit and while I get the cool new volume bar when I use the volume slider from the notification panel, it doesn't display when I use my volume knob. Any ideas?

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
I installed this in my RK3188 1024x600 unit and while I get the cool new volume bar when I use the volume slider from the notification panel, it doesn't display when I use my volume knob. Any ideas?
Have no idea. For me and everybody else it works.
Maybe check to make sure you don't have anything conflicting installed, I mean any modding Xposed plugins.

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
can you make an option to move the volume bar from the bottom to the middle? I have the one knob unit on the left and when you turn the volume rocker your hand blocks the first 30% of it.
I don't like an idea of adding options screen for such a simple plugin.
I'll think, maybe I better compile a separate version centered vertically, it seems to be simpler a lot.

Reactions: superbass311

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
Can we have the option for lime green like the old TVs? [emoji12]

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, no. All the graphics in this mod are the PNG images. To become green, they need to be redrawn and replaced in resources.
I'm afraid I don't have any motivation to do that, you need to understand: this was only a simple mod for myself, that I decided to share.

Also, the white is the color that fits any color scheme, this way it will satisfy the most audience (unlike green, red or whatever else) :)
For instance, I have a Volkswagen with all the buttons and gauges on the dashboard highlighted in red.
Still, I didn't choose this bar to be red, because white is good enough. But green would be a total crap for me.

By the way: in the xposed repository, there is a link to my github with all the source code of this mod. Anybody may feel free to fork it and make any changes they want.

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
Unfortunately, no. All the graphics in this mod are the PNG images. To become green, they need to be redrawn and replaced in resources.
I'm afraid I don't have any motivation to do that, you need to understand: this was only a simple mod for myself, that I decided to share.

Also, the white is the color that fits any color scheme, this way it will satisfy the most audience (unlike green, red or whatever else) :)
For instance, I have a Volkswagen with all the buttons and gauges on the dashboard highlighted in red.
Still, I didn't choose this bar to be red, because white is good enough. But green would be a total crap for me.

By the way: in the xposed repository, there is a link to my github with all the source code of this mod. Anybody may feel free to fork it and make any changes they want.
Thank you for everything you do. Honestly.

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using Tapatalk

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
Yep.. seems to have a been a conflict. I didn't any anything else other than the default mods installed so I'll have to try reenabling them in order to figure out which did it.

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi7OkP1qi1_OFA4VDJUeFMyU0k/view?usp=docslist_api

I have made your bar like a spectrum. But I can't get it coplide in to the apk file. Can you help me? Its rhe first thing I have ever changed in android sorry stil learning :)

In the Xposed repository, there is a link to full source code of that mod (Github). It is free source, everyone can fork it and do whatever he want.
You can install the Android Studio and compile these sources in it.

Or, you may take an approach with the software like APKTool which allows you to unpack APK files, change resources and repack it back.

Anyway, you'll need to learn how to do either, on your own.
Sharing my little work, I didn't take any responsibility as to provide any further support or even teaching people programming :) At least, I don't have time for that.

Top Liked Posts