[XPOSED][11/Apr][v3.3] OPAodMod - Always on Display with lots of options

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
GXqzezol.png

OPAodMod is an Xposed module that provides OnePlus devices on OxygenOS and HydrogenOS with an always on display like that on the Pixels (and other devices). It's existed for a while, but in the last few months stopped working due to the main developer (RetroX) moving on to another device. I picked it up, and after initially providing modded versions with only fixes and simple additions, was kindly given access to the full source code. OPAodMod has now been fully translated, with a new GUI which is easier to use.

Features:
  • Always on display, which runs all the time - unlike the OnePlus version
  • Customisable layout, with options including seven themes, including Pixel and OnePlus (OnePlus supports all the system clock styles too), and a DVD screensaver (it's exactly what you think it is)
  • Notification display, showing the text of a notification when you receive it and dropping back to just an icon after a few seconds
  • Live music lyrics on supported themes
  • Battery Optimisation options such as forcing doze and setting the refresh rate to 60Hz when the AoD is showing
  • Option to only display when you 'raise' your phone
  • Option to hide the screen when flipped/in your pocket, disable it overnight, or after a time period (10 minutes or 15 seconds)
  • Show your next alarm, current weather, and currently playing music
  • Display a short message (like that on your lockscreen)
  • Full settings GUI for the module with a live preview of your clock
  • Quick Settings toggle to enable/disable the AoD
  • Support for Ambient Music Mod for displaying ambient Now Playing tracks on the AoD

Screenshots:
Hover to see description

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/eGrJe8U.png"]
eGrJe8Ul.png
[/URL]

Installation Guide:
- Install Riru Core in Magisk
- Install either EdXposed Canary (recommended - Canary may need to be downloaded from the EdXposed app after installing) or TaiChi from Magisk
- Install the module APK
- Enable the module in EdXposed or TaiChi
- Follow the Required Setup in the app
- Reboot your device
- Check the AoD is working and set it up how you like

Download:
Version 3.3

Attachments

• OPAodMod-v3.1.2-KQ.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 5,017
  • OPAodMod-v3.2-KQ.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,446
  • OPAodMod-3.3-KQ.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Armageda

Dec 3, 2017
This is awesome!
Just installed it now and it works AMAZING!

One thing I really wish it had is the Fingerprint unlock option on the AoD, but i'm guessing it might be a bit more work.
Is there a way I can participate in the development of the module?

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
This is awesome!
Just installed it now and it works AMAZING!

One thing I really wish it had is the Fingerprint unlock option on the AoD, but i'm guessing it might be a bit more work.
Is there a way I can participate in the development of the module?

Fingerprint works on the AoD. Chances are because you've just rebooted, it's falling back to the PIN. When it works from the lockscreen, it'll work on the AoD.

Unfortunately while I was given access to the source code privately, it's still not open source so there's no public development access.

Armageda

Dec 3, 2017
Fingerprint works on the AoD. Chances are because you've just rebooted, it's falling back to the PIN. When it works from the lockscreen, it'll work on the AoD.

Unfortunately while I was given access to the source code privately, it's still not open source so there's no public development access.

I just noticed that the FP does indeed work, but the FP icon is not showing for some reason.
I'm on OP7TP McLaren if that helps.

It does show up on the lockscreen, though.

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I just noticed that the FP does indeed work, but the FP icon is not showing for some reason.
I'm on OP7TP McLaren if that helps.

It does show up on the lockscreen, though.

That's kind of intentional, though I would like to add an option to make it show an indication of where the sensor is. It's more minimal without it though.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
If I remember correctly, in RetroX's version it was impossible to hide notification text for apps that weren't China-specific. Is that still the case?

There's a short list of apps that are hidden with the toggle enabled:

wsc8Xi1.png

I'll probably add a GUI to edit them at some point, but might just add some package names to the list before that.

Sauronych

Dec 20, 2014
There's a short list of apps that are hidden with the toggle enabled:

wsc8Xi1.png

I'll probably add a GUI to edit them at some point, but might just add some package names to the list before that.

Thanks for the info! Also, I don't know if it's technically possible, but consider following the system settings for hiding sensitive content on the lockscreen instead of a separate GUI/toggle. I currently have that enabled for messaging and mail apps and it works on the OnePlus ambient display as well.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Thanks for the info! Also, I don't know if it's technically possible, but consider following the system settings for hiding sensitive content on the lockscreen instead of a separate GUI/toggle. I currently have that enabled for messaging and mail apps and it works on the OnePlus ambient display as well.

It would be possible, but I'd prefer to leave it as a separate toggle for now. I'll maybe change it to default to match the system when I add the GUI to pick apps though.

Reactions: jimmy123322

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
New bugfix release, version 3.0.1b
Fixes:
- No longer shows 'null' for twelve on word clock
- Added translations for charging states
- Added the following apps as sensitive apps:
-> OnePlus SMS
-> OnePlus Phone
-> Google Phone
-> Google Messages
-> WhatsApp
-> Facebook Messenger
-> Facebook
-> Telegram
-> Instagram
-> Snapchat
-> Discord
-> Twitter
-> VK
-> Сбербанк Онлайн
-> Raiffeisen Online Russia

An app picker will be added later, this is just a stopgap.

Download is attached and also attached to first post

Attachments

• OPAodMod-v3.0.1b-KQ.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Hi! I love the module, well done! I think it would be cool if you could also add a quicksettings toggle which makes it possible to easily turn the AOD on and off.

Nice idea, might do that

Just wanted to confirm, this is for rooted devices only? No way to get this without rooting? Great work, nonetheless. :)

Not possible without root, no.

Reactions: tych_tych

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
thanks for this app. Unfortunately couldnt get the "AOD only when phone is raised" option to work on 7T. stays on all the time. Would be nice if it could work on 7T as well! thanks

sohailss111

Sep 5, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm so glad to have come across this mod. I've been using this mod on my OnePlus 6 since a couple of hours. I can already say it consumes lesser power than the AOD on custom ROMs.

Thanks a lot!
Sohail

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New version in the first post:

v3.3
    - Support for Ambient Music Mod for displaying ambient Now Playing tracks on the AoD
    - Fixed ghost notifications on Android 11, related to bubbles
    GXqzezol.png

OPAodMod is an Xposed module that provides OnePlus devices on OxygenOS and HydrogenOS with an always on display like that on the Pixels (and other devices). It's existed for a while, but in the last few months stopped working due to the main developer (RetroX) moving on to another device. I picked it up, and after initially providing modded versions with only fixes and simple additions, was kindly given access to the full source code. OPAodMod has now been fully translated, with a new GUI which is easier to use.

Features:
    • Always on display, which runs all the time - unlike the OnePlus version
    • Customisable layout, with options including seven themes, including Pixel and OnePlus (OnePlus supports all the system clock styles too), and a DVD screensaver (it's exactly what you think it is)
    • Notification display, showing the text of a notification when you receive it and dropping back to just an icon after a few seconds
    • Live music lyrics on supported themes
    • Battery Optimisation options such as forcing doze and setting the refresh rate to 60Hz when the AoD is showing
    • Option to only display when you 'raise' your phone
    • Option to hide the screen when flipped/in your pocket, disable it overnight, or after a time period (10 minutes or 15 seconds)
    • Show your next alarm, current weather, and currently playing music
    • Display a short message (like that on your lockscreen)
    • Full settings GUI for the module with a live preview of your clock
    • Quick Settings toggle to enable/disable the AoD
    • Support for Ambient Music Mod for displaying ambient Now Playing tracks on the AoD

Screenshots:
    Hover to see description

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/eGrJe8U.png"]
    eGrJe8Ul.png
    [/URL]

Installation Guide:
    - Install Riru Core in Magisk
    - Install either EdXposed Canary (recommended - Canary may need to be downloaded from the EdXposed app after installing) or TaiChi from Magisk
    - Install the module APK
    - Enable the module in EdXposed or TaiChi
    - Follow the Required Setup in the app
    - Reboot your device
    - Check the AoD is working and set it up how you like

Download:
    Version 3.3
    Version 3.1 is now available in the first post
    Changelog said:
    Added two new themes: Pixel and OnePlus. OnePlus theme supports all the current OnePlus Ambient Display clocks
    Added battery optimisation options, including reducing the frame rate, forcing doze mode and enabling battery saver
    Fixed auto brightness
    Added bullet point divider option to new settings UI
    Added option to hide the divider on the default theme
    Added two new weather icon styles: Pixel and OnePlus (emoji is still there for now)
    Fixed crash when clicking the weather option in settings when weather app isn't installed
    Fixed current weather setting breaking when switching between screens
    Improved settings to only show settings relevant to the current theme
    Improved settings preview to adapt to the current screen, showing weather and music on those respective screens
    Added AoD toggle to main screen to turn it off entirely, and a quick settings toggle to do the same
    Fixed AoD showing notifications when they arrive when the device's proximity sensor senses it's in a pocket/upside down
    Fixed lyrics when using System music listener
    Fixed & in lyrics, translated some text
    Added some translations to missed UI elements
    Removed hardcoded volume steps to use the system provided date instead
    Screenshots of the new themes and the QS tile are also in the first post

Please remember to reboot after updating for the module to work correctly!
    Bugfix release 3.1.1 is now also released, fixes a crash with the OnePlus clock style on some devices.
    I dont know why, but it consumes like 5-6% per hour on stock settings. Which settings are good for low bat usage? I deactivated the notifications, music, weather and clock synchro is on system broadcast.

3.01b Oneplus 7 Pro

Wait until the next update in a few days, it has options that will reduce the drain
    Are you still working on this?

Got other stuff going on at the moment but will be back working on it soon™️
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone