[XPOSED][16/Feb][v3.2] OPAodMod - Always on Display with lots of options

Search This thread

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
No it doesn't work. With 2.8 It keeps saying cannot hook, please look in help and support. And restarting phone n ambient display doesn't help. Can u tell me how to make 3.0.1b work on taichi??
I had the same thing, for me it was just me not being patient enough :)

After trying everything in the help section several times I gave up. I restarted my phone and just let it sit, without unlocking. When the screen timed out the aod popped up.
After that everything was ok.

Reactions: sjamie

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Love it! Google assistant gesture ( white lines on left/right down corner) is visible in aod and I don't think they are moving to prevent burn in. Can you disable them while on aod?

If you use that gesture couple of times I believe it will stop showing the white lines again.

Last edited:

devansh2895

Jun 21, 2017
I had the same thing, for me it was just me not being patient enough :)

After trying everything in the help section several times I gave up. I restarted my phone and just let it sit, without unlocking. When the screen timed out the aod popped up.
After that everything was ok.

Ohh that seems nice. I will give it another try. So after it showed up did u check in the app? Was it still saying can't rehook or was that error gone too?

devansh2895

Jun 21, 2017
After it showed when I opened the app all was as it should be, hooked with a green mark, and everything worked flawlessly.

Damn.. I m not able to get it to work at all. Did a lot of restarts both device and ambient display. Everything except for rehook shows a green tick. Can't hook. I really hope someone can get me the 2.8 version. pls

andreacos92

Mar 6, 2014
Bologna
With EdXposed Canary is SafetyNet passing permanently or it's an hit or miss?

I'm asking because I remember when I have EdXposed months ago, that it was passing but after some days Google Pay says that device was not compatible with contactless payments, and I have to disable Xposed, pass SafetyNet, re-enable Xposed, etc... I need GPay working reliable because most of the times I use it to pay in stores.

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
This mod would be perfect if we can set a schedule to turn it off (when sleeping for example) or a QS shortcut to turn on/off.
As for battery it could be better if linked to a custom kernel to use deep sleep, no?
I was using an aod app before that had a "superuser" mode specially for rooted users, it will make the phone use battery saving mode when aod is working, it helped like 1/3 more battery

Reactions: sjamie

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Job well done... Was a bit worried about my Google Pay but thank to the suggestions to use the lastest canary build everything works fine .. just installed it today so far so good though the icon on the apk could use a bit of tweaking.. (see pic).. 6t stock rom..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-121746.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-121746.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

NHNXDA

Jan 26, 2008
Where one can get Edxposed Canary ?

yeah where is canary as it's not within the furthest right tab as advised, I quickly looked online but didn't see, I'll try again later when got more time.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Job well done... Was a bit worried about my Google Pay but thank to the suggestions to use the lastest canary build everything works fine .. just installed it today so far so good though the icon on the apk could use a bit of tweaking.. (see pic).. 6t stock room..

Post canary link up for others please.

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
yeah where is canary as it's not within the furthest right tab as advised, I quickly looked online but didn't see, I'll try again later when got more time.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Post canary link up for others please.

Here's the one I am using.. couldn't find it on git hub,

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261785548

Reactions: sjamie and felek73

NHNXDA

Jan 26, 2008
Well I tried the canary, didn't work & now after removing restarting, magisk is failing whereas previous version removed allowed magisk to pass.

Anyone else had this or idea how to restore magisk to pass safety net.

shakad

Jan 2, 2012
Well I tried the canary, didn't work & now after removing restarting, magisk is failing whereas previous version removed allowed magisk to pass.

Anyone else had this or idea how to restore magisk to pass safety net.
I can't get it work either just tried

Terrigible

Jun 12, 2018
Singapore
For those who are failing SafetyNet, try other SafetyNet apps. Sometimes Magisk Manager just derps.
EDIT: Nevermind. Sometimes EdXposed itself derps and SafetyNet randomly fails

Last edited:

m.omdaa

Jan 24, 2014
For safety net issues use sandhook 4.6.3 which can be found at the official telegram discussion group with hidden core and activating pass safetynet option in edxposed manager worked for me on OP 5t ob1 android 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-155203.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-155203.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_20200520-155149.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-155149.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GXqzezol.png

OPAodMod is an Xposed module that provides OnePlus devices on OxygenOS and HydrogenOS with an always on display like that on the Pixels (and other devices). It's existed for a while, but in the last few months stopped working due to the main developer (RetroX) moving on to another device. I picked it up, and after initially providing modded versions with only fixes and simple additions, was kindly given access to the full source code. OPAodMod has now been fully translated, with a new GUI which is easier to use.

Features:
    • Always on display, which runs all the time - unlike the OnePlus version
    • Customisable layout, with options including seven themes, including Pixel and OnePlus (OnePlus supports all the system clock styles too), and a DVD screensaver (it's exactly what you think it is)
    • Notification display, showing the text of a notification when you receive it and dropping back to just an icon after a few seconds
    • Live music lyrics on supported themes
    • Battery Optimisation options such as forcing doze and setting the refresh rate to 60Hz when the AoD is showing
    • Option to only display when you 'raise' your phone
    • Option to hide the screen when flipped/in your pocket, disable it overnight, or after a time period (10 minutes or 15 seconds)
    • Show your next alarm, current weather, and currently playing music
    • Display a short message (like that on your lockscreen)
    • Full settings GUI for the module with a live preview of your clock
    • Quick Settings toggle to enable/disable the AoD

Screenshots:
    Hover to see description

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/eGrJe8U.png"]
    eGrJe8Ul.png
    [/URL]

Installation Guide:
    - Install Riru Core in Magisk
    - Install either EdXposed Canary (recommended - Canary may need to be downloaded from the EdXposed app after installing) or TaiChi from Magisk
    - Install the module APK
    - Enable the module in EdXposed or TaiChi
    - Follow the Required Setup in the app
    - Reboot your device
    - Check the AoD is working and set it up how you like

Download:
    Version 3.2
    Version 3.1 is now available in the first post
    Changelog said:
    Added two new themes: Pixel and OnePlus. OnePlus theme supports all the current OnePlus Ambient Display clocks
    Added battery optimisation options, including reducing the frame rate, forcing doze mode and enabling battery saver
    Fixed auto brightness
    Added bullet point divider option to new settings UI
    Added option to hide the divider on the default theme
    Added two new weather icon styles: Pixel and OnePlus (emoji is still there for now)
    Fixed crash when clicking the weather option in settings when weather app isn't installed
    Fixed current weather setting breaking when switching between screens
    Improved settings to only show settings relevant to the current theme
    Improved settings preview to adapt to the current screen, showing weather and music on those respective screens
    Added AoD toggle to main screen to turn it off entirely, and a quick settings toggle to do the same
    Fixed AoD showing notifications when they arrive when the device's proximity sensor senses it's in a pocket/upside down
    Fixed lyrics when using System music listener
    Fixed & in lyrics, translated some text
    Added some translations to missed UI elements
    Removed hardcoded volume steps to use the system provided date instead
    Screenshots of the new themes and the QS tile are also in the first post

Please remember to reboot after updating for the module to work correctly!
    Bugfix release 3.1.1 is now also released, fixes a crash with the OnePlus clock style on some devices.
    I dont know why, but it consumes like 5-6% per hour on stock settings. Which settings are good for low bat usage? I deactivated the notifications, music, weather and clock synchro is on system broadcast.

3.01b Oneplus 7 Pro

Wait until the next update in a few days, it has options that will reduce the drain
    Are you still working on this?

Got other stuff going on at the moment but will be back working on it soon™️
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone