Xposed 2.7 experimental version feedback

Search This thread
Anyone managed to get 2.7.1 working on Intel based device (x64 processor)?
I would like to mod a little my Chuwi, but got bootloop after installing framework?

EDIT: I tried method for Zenfone 2 (using Terminal Emulator):
su
echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset

But it didn’t work.

Last edited:

danny1992

Jan 9, 2016
Hi i installed xposed version 2.71 and 2.61 and i get this error
Code:
-----------------
09.01.2016 16:12:09 UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'X1_Soul_Xtreme' with fingerprint 'ALLVIEW/ALLVIEW/ALLVIEW:4.4.2/KVT49L/:user/release-keys'
Errors during Xposed initialization
java.lang.ClassCastException: class android.content.res.XResources doesn't extend class amigo.theme.core.res.GioneeResources
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.cloneToSubclass(XposedBridge.java:787)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.hookResources(XposedBridge.java:365)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.initXbridgeZygote(XposedBridge.java:267)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:117)
	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
-----------------
I have busy box installed and king root , and lucky patcher .... A fix for this problem

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Hi i installed xposed version 2.71 and 2.61 and i get this error
Code:
-----------------
09.01.2016 16:12:09 UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'X1_Soul_Xtreme' with fingerprint 'ALLVIEW/ALLVIEW/ALLVIEW:4.4.2/KVT49L/:user/release-keys'
Errors during Xposed initialization
java.lang.ClassCastException: class android.content.res.XResources doesn't extend class amigo.theme.core.res.GioneeResources
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.cloneToSubclass(XposedBridge.java:787)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.hookResources(XposedBridge.java:365)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.initXbridgeZygote(XposedBridge.java:267)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:117)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
-----------------
I have busy box installed and king root , and lucky patcher .... A fix for this problem
Delete the warez would be a good first step.

tarinka

Aug 12, 2013
Does latest xposed framework work on umi rome on 64 bit processor and lollipop 5.1 ?

Last edited:

Saikat218

Feb 20, 2014
not installed on my CM11 running on s duos

what can u do now ? i have read that new android securite patch( feb) is updated in its app process or somthing but the xposed framwork rely on old method that is the main cause i cannot explane you properly sorry for that. plz check this url https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/15695/. help me plz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-06-16-34-35.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-06-16-34-35.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,035

robbayani

Jul 29, 2012
Yogyakarta, IDN
How to Update XposedBridge

hii.. im using xposed v2.7 experimental.. i have a problem with a module called Root Cloak.. RootCloak can't active because its required XposedBridge v82.. my XposedBridge still v54..
how to update XposedBridge to v82??
my device is Xperia E4, still Kitkat v4.4

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
hii.. im using xposed v2.7 experimental.. i have a problem with a module called Root Cloak.. RootCloak can't active because its required XposedBridge v82.. my XposedBridge still v54..
the complete installer for kitkat most likely won't be updated past this version. You need to use an older version of rootcloak in the repository.

zmag

Jan 25, 2011

the complete installer for kitkat most likely won't be updated past this version. You need to use an older version of rootcloak in the repository.

That was alluding to my question, is there ANY way to update the Xposed bridge to v82 on Xposed Installer v2.7?

I am still running KitKat 4.4, and I don't want to install a new rom just for Xposed... I know its doubtful that rovo89 himself will work on a new release for Xposed Installer 2.7, but is there anyone out there in the XDA community that is up to the task?

Newer modules are incompatible with Xposed Installer 2.7 because they are based off the v82 Framework (and the last Framework version for 2.7 is v54)

Can you manually replace the framework's .jar file in the installer to update it to v82? (again im sure its doubtful, but just wondering if its at all possible...)

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android 4.4.2 - Original stock rom

Any help for us cavemen running KitKat would be greatly appreciated! - zmag

P.S. If no one is going to work on making an update, I suppose I'll be forced to install a new rom just to keep up with Xposed's updates - but again, I'd prefer to keep my old stock rom.

Last edited:

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
That was alluding to my question, is there ANY way to update the Xposed bridge to v82 on Xposed Installer v2.7?

I am still running KitKat 4.4, and I don't want to install a new rom just for Xposed... I know its doubtful that rovo89 himself will work on a new release for Xposed Installer 2.7, but is there anyone out there in the XDA community that is up to the task?

Newer modules are incompatible with Xposed Installer 2.7 because they are based off the v82 Framework (and the last Framework version for 2.7 is v54)

Can you manually replace the framework's .jar file in the installer to update it to v82? (again im sure its doubtful, but just wondering if its at all possible...)

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android 4.4.2 - Original stock rom

Any help for us cavemen running KitKat would be greatly appreciated! - zmag

P.S. If no one is going to work on making an update, I suppose I'll be forced to install a new rom just to keep up with Xposed's updates - but again, I'd prefer to keep my old stock rom.

Dude, the s5 has almost complete build root, marshmallow, cyanogenmod, and in many cases a bootloader unlock. You need to move on from kitkat...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just uploaded a test version of Xposed Installer.
    It doesn't have anything to do with ART!!!
    In fact, there is no change in the framework itself, only in the installer. I would just like to get some early testing of a bigger change.

The test version uses a database to manage the list of downloadable modules. Previously, all the modules were loaded from an XML file on every start and kept in the memory. That worked fine, but with more and more modules in the repository, I had to rethink.

Some advantages of the new approach are:
    - The XML doesn't need to be parsed on every start. Instead, the previously parsed state is available immediately.
    - Reloading the repository index from the server can be done incrementally, loading only those modules which have changed since the last refresh. This significantly reduces traffic for both you and me. The full index has grown to about 350 kB (gzipped, it's ~1.6 MB uncompressed). The incremental updates are just a fraction of that. These XMLs are also much faster to parse than the big ones.
    - Probably less memory usage, because only the currently used data needs to be kept in the memory. Information about all the other available modules can be loaded from the database when required.
    - More flexibility in the future, e.g. for enhanced search. I have no plans at the moment and many other things are more important, but SQL allows for interesting queries without too much code.

If you're already using Xposed and want to help checking for bugs, feel free to download the test version. Assuming you are using version 2.6/.1, just open click on "Xposed Installer", then swipe twice to go to the module-specific settings. Select "Experimental" and the new version should show up. If not, press the refresh button once.
    Please report here if you noticed any UI issues which are potentionally related to the introduction of the database. For crashes, please post a logcat showing the error. Thanks a lot for testing!

Please don't report installation or framework issues here. If you haven't used Xposed before, you should install the stable version 2.6.1 instead.

I would laugh about your joke if people weren't constantly bringing up ART ever since Google has presented it... which is really demotivating.
    Hi all,

Thread cleaned.
    Please watch the language. Profanity and foul language are not allowed on the threads. Please be respectful of one another here.

Regards
    Big Thanks!

@rovo89 Bro Xposed is freaking awesome! Thank you so much for you hard work, I have been using Xposeed since you release it! Keep up the great work and take a break if you need to :) Its cool :cool:

Please try not to get discouraged by people asking about updating Xposed to work with ART. Take it as a testament of how wonderful of an app you have made! Xposed it one of the main reason many people root their phones. It adds so many amazing features(well the modules do, but not possible without your framework)! Dont worry about the complainers or beggars, just do what you do! Your the man! I love you (no homo:highfive:)! If you ever need to talk just send me a PM.

You have done so much for us all already and just wanted to make sure you know how much it has meant to us! Thank you so much! Have a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! :D

Regard from your bro,
    garrettcorn :good:
    Any idea when will the fixed version of Xposed will be release?
    I mean the Holo-Theme bug fixed. :fingers-crossed: :(
    Just asking.. :)

When. It. Is. READY.

And not until then