• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Xposed 3.1][SM-A320FL] Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | Confirmed working on stock 6.0.1

Search This thread

SinusStudios

Aug 3, 2016
Bremen
(All credit goes to wanam for providing Xposed for TouchWiz roms)

I am not sure if this needs a thread but since i was searching for this information i'm making one for the Xposed fans with an A3 2017.

Because i don't have enough time to test more configurations i can't say if this will or will not work on any other configuration besides the one i have. Feel free to backup everything (using a recovery like TWRP or CWM) and try flashing Xposed yourself. Read the bottom of the post on how to get into your recovery when having a bootloop. I do not take any responsibility for bricked devices and any other damages.

I mostly followed the steps in this thread but i'll write the steps here as well.

• This will only work with stock or stock-based roms, for AOSP based roms, use normal Xposed flashables
  • A recovery like CWM or TWRP (guide) is required.
  • Backup your /system partition or reckon that you might lose data. Flashing Xposed only affects /system
  • Install the Xposed 3.1 apk (requires "Unknown sources" to be allowed in system settings)
  • Go to your recovery by shutting down your phone and holding Volume Up + Home while powering it on
  • Flash this zip file for Xposed on Samsung devices (ARM). You might find newer versions here (choose ARM for this phone, not ARM64).
  • Reboot and wait for up to 15 minutes. It might bootloop a couple times and you might have to wait for app optimization for some more minutes
  • Enjoy the flexibility of Xposed

If your device is bootlooping for more than 10 minutes it's highly likely that Xposed is not working for you.
Note that using Volume Down + Power will restart your device but will always attempt to restart Android. In order to get to your recovery charge your device which will make VolDown + Power shut down the phone instead of restarting it. From there you can VolUp + Home and power it on to boot into recovery.
You can attempt to flash the uninstaller in order to fix the bootloop or if Xposed is just not working and you wanna get rid of it. If that doesn't help, restore your backup (will always work, flashing the uninstaller is just quicker).

Known bugs on the A3 2017:
- none (will add from comments or if i find any)

Sources:
https://github.com/wanam/Xposed
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sa.../samsung-sm-a520f-2017-kernel-source-t3557622

Reactions: Foo Bar

knzsys

Apr 17, 2011
Hello,

why is arm64 version not working / 64bit ist not recognised by xposed?

It's definitely a 64bit CPU with arm64v8a instruction set (Aarch64).
So why the installation of arm64 is blocked?

I am not sure if this needs a thread but since i was searching for this information i'm making one for the Xposed fans with an A3 2017.

Because i don't have enough time to test more configurations i can't say if this will or will not work on any other configuration besides the one i have. Feel free to backup everything (using a recovery like TWRP or CWM) and try flashing Xposed yourself. Read the bottom of the post on how to get into your recovery when having a bootloop. I do not take any responsibility for bricked devices and any other damages.

I mostly followed the steps in this thread but i'll write the steps here as well.

• This will only work with stock or stock-based roms, for AOSP based roms, use normal Xposed flashables
  • Backup your /system partition or reckon that you might lose data. Flashing Xposed only affects /system
  • Install the Xposed 3.1 apk (requires "Unknown sources" to be allowed in system settings)
  • Go to your recovery by shutting down your phone and holding Volume Up + Home while powering it on
  • Flash this zip file for Xposed on Samsung devices (ARM). You might find newer versions here (choose ARM for this phone, not ARM64).
  • Reboot and wait for up to 15 minutes. It might bootloop a couple times and you might have to wait for app optimization for some more minutes

If your device is bootlooping for more than 10 minutes it's highly likely that Xposed is not working for you.
Note that using Volume Down + Power will restart your device but will always attempt to restart Android. In order to get to your recovery charge your device which will make VolDown + Power shut down the phone instead of restarting it. From there you can VolUp + Home and power it on to boot into recovery.
You can attempt to flash the uninstaller in order to fix the bootloop or if Xposed is just not working and you wanna get rid of it. If that doesn't help, restore your backup (will always work, flashing the uninstaller is just quicker).

Sources:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sa.../samsung-sm-a520f-2017-kernel-source-t3557622

SinusStudios

Aug 3, 2016
Bremen
Hello,

To be honest i flashed 32 bit xposed because i searched for the phones architecture and found 32 bit but that must be a misinformation.
I'm surprised now that it's working on my phone!
Thanks for mentioning this, if you have time feel free to safely try out both versions and report back what's working and what's not.

Foo Bar

Can't find a reason why our 64-bit phone is not recognized bit the 64-bit Xposed

I you want to install the 64-bit Xposed: got through Magisk

Don't know if it has a direct link: had lotz of reboot with 32-bit Xposed; nearly no reboot with 64-bit Xposed.

PS: Don't get too addict to Xposed has it will stop running when we'll get Nougat

Reactions: AK2H
Dec 23, 2010
The 64bit version will not work because Samsung shipped the SM-A320F with 32bit Android, even though it has a 64bit-capable SoC.

KrinKillaz

Sep 29, 2012
Caldas da Rainha
Im Wondering something here ... 32 bit os on our phone, no custom roms .. etc ... but the J7 2016 has the same CPU, same ram, storage, screen res ... you get the point .. i just wonder if a rom from that would ... and its 64 bit ... i mean, its the same damm SoC

y2kadir

Jul 7, 2006
are there any news for android 7 to get xposed without magisk. I have supersu root

y2kadir

Jul 7, 2006
OK here's something to start with.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
but please read the threads there are some good advice's.

I only found this in the thread "The first fixes have found their way into version 88.1, only available for Nougat. That includes especially some fixes for Samsung ROMs, but might also fix bootloops and slowdowns on other devices. Besides that, I think I fixed a MIUI incompatibility, not sure if it works now (and to be honest, I don't give much priority to MIUI). There are still unfixed issues on the queue, and again, please keep reporting whatever you find." but this information is not confirming me that its working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sources:

Can't find a reason why our 64-bit phone is not recognized bit the 64-bit Xposed

I you want to install the 64-bit Xposed: got through Magisk

Don't know if it has a direct link: had lotz of reboot with 32-bit Xposed; nearly no reboot with 64-bit Xposed.

PS: Don't get too addict to Xposed has it will stop running when we'll get Nougat
    Well I did, but if you can't even find it, I think it's better for you not to use it. Sorry.
    why are you talking foolish ****. if you don't wanna help other people go home.