[XPOSED] [5.0+] [Disable Apk Signature Comparison] Super User Mode X - v1.0.0

Search This thread

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Features:
- Disable checking of app signatures in the Package Manager Service core, allowing modded/signed apks be installed, or even granting them system privileges

Requeriments:
- Xposed Framework for Lollipop / Marshmallow / Nougat

Install:
TRY IT OUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
1. Download and install always the latest version (attached)
2. Open Xposed Installer and activate it under Modules
3. Reboot
4. Done!

This module has no UI (settings screen)!!

Warning:
If you have any modded/signed apk like SystemUI.apk, and this module activated, DO NOT DEACTIVATE IT, OR YOU WILL END UP WITH A BOOTLOOP (unless you have a patched services.jar)!!!

Edit.: REMOVED CHECK APP DUE SELINUX ISSUE ON ANDROID MM/N !!

How do we know if Super User Mode is really working?
Install attached Serajr_Super_User_Mode_Check.apk and toggle Airplane mode through it (only system apps signed with platform keys have this privilege).
Without Super User Mode, system (Package Manager Service) will refuse even to install and later toggle it!

Special thanks:
- @rovo89

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• v1.0.0_Serajr_Super_User_Mode_X.apk
    40.2 KB · Views: 9,500
  • v1.0.0_Serajr_Super_User_Mode_X_Source_Code.zip
    172.7 KB · Views: 2,257
Last edited:

dex87xda

Apr 4, 2011
Nokia 7.1
Google Pixel 4a
905a7dddbeaa3505f36a067834ba701e.jpg

I can toggle airplane ✈ mode, its ok?

Reactions: serajr

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP

sxtester

Sep 11, 2014
@serajr:
Thank you so much for yet another wonderful work! :good:

Hope this will help me to install (downgrade to) the old good Sony Dialer & Contact Apps from KK on my Z3+/Z4 running MM. Really don't like Dialer & Contact actually since LP times.

Reactions: serajr

sxtester

Sep 11, 2014
Install attached Serajr_Super_User_Mode_Check.apk and toggle Airplane mode through it (only system apps signed with platform keys have this privilege).
Without Super User Mode, system (Package Manager Service) will refuse even to install and later toggle it!

I'm using an App called "Timed Toggles" since many years to automatically turn Airplane Mode ON at night and then again OFF in the morning. Here is the link on PlayStore: Timed Toggles

This App (version 1.5.1), after granting Root only, works flawless on latest MM 6.0.1 (32.2.A.0.224, same as for the Z5) on my Z3+/Z4. I've not made it a System App or anything, just granted Root. So this contradicts "only system apps signed with platform keys have this privilege".

But now, trying the same with Power Toggles (version 6.0.4) does not work. Not with Root, not even after making it a System App.

Both Apps issue the same commands (from the logs in SuperSu), so that is:

Turn ON:
setting put global airplane_mode_on 1
am broadcast -a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE --ez start true

Turn OFF:
setting put global airplane_mode_on 0
am broadcast -a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE --ez start false

Only difference is... "Timed Toggles" sends it in two takes (and so there're actually two separate lines in the SuperSu log) like:
  1. setting put global airplane_mode_on 1
  2. am broadcast -a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE --ez start true

...whereas for failing "Power Toggles" the log shows only one single line like:

"setting put global airplane_mode_on 1; am broadcast -a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE --ez start true"

I'm really not the one to judge, but I think it could be related to what Chainfire wrote here:

3. How to call su
3.1. Common pitfalls

Runtime.exec() and ProcessBuilder
It is tempting to use Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su -c [command]");, but you should be aware that [command] should be a single parameter, and thus may require quoting. Unfortunately both quoting the [command] parameter as well as passing the paramaters as separate variables to either Runtime.exec() or ProcessBuilder does not work consistently across all Android versions, and thus this construct should be avoided entirely. It is not impossible to do this right - but there's a high risk of problems.

Nonetheless, "Timed Toggles" proof that a non-system App with Root only can toggle Airplane Mode ON/OFF.

Sorry for the lengthy post, happy to assist with more testing if needed ;)

Last edited:

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
... Nonetheless, "Timed Toggles" proof that a non-system App with Root only can toggle Airplane Mode ON/OFF.

Sorry for the lengthy post, happy to assist with more testing if needed ;)
The app I shared for testing purposes only, doesn't make use of root. Super User Mode grants it privileges enough to perform system modifications!
This is not about root or toggling an specific mode!!

Reactions: sxtester

sxtester

Sep 11, 2014
The app I shared for testing purposes only, doesn't make use of root. Super User Mode grants it privileges enough to perform system modifications!
This is not about root or toggling an specific mode!!

Huuuh!, seems I got a bit confused and mixed things up by Root, System Mode, System App etc. Sorry for bothering :eek:

May 1, 2016
why we crying with bootloop
we have pc companion!
Xperia E4 E2105 Works Good!!!!!!!!! and Material NXT Themes working really good with Serajr Xperia Xposed

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
The same on my Z5c. Rooted, Xposed, installed module and activated, then istalled superuser mod check apk and when i want to open it my phone reboots?
What the problem?
How can i create a logcat about it?
Android SDK > Monitor.bat (always better choice)

Or install aLogrec (free) from Play Store, keep it running and then open the app.

Midleo

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features:
    - Disable checking of app signatures in the Package Manager Service core, allowing modded/signed apks be installed, or even granting them system privileges

Requeriments:
    - Xposed Framework for Lollipop / Marshmallow / Nougat

Install:
    TRY IT OUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    1. Download and install always the latest version (attached)
    2. Open Xposed Installer and activate it under Modules
    3. Reboot
    4. Done!

This module has no UI (settings screen)!!

Warning:
    If you have any modded/signed apk like SystemUI.apk, and this module activated, DO NOT DEACTIVATE IT, OR YOU WILL END UP WITH A BOOTLOOP (unless you have a patched services.jar)!!!

Edit.: REMOVED CHECK APP DUE SELINUX ISSUE ON ANDROID MM/N !!

Special thanks:
    - @rovo89

Enjoy it!
    This will help loads of people who don't know what it's about. And development by linking to this. Great work serajr!

Thanks For Your Great Efforts!

Thank you!!

I can toggle airplane ✈ mode, its ok?
    You're done! ;)
    How does dis really works... If we have patched services.jar do we still need dis?
    BigUps @serajr brov.
    No you don't!! This module is meant for those with stock services.jar (odexed or deodexed).
    It is redundant on a system with an already patched services.jar!
    Hi
    This don't work on Xperia Z5 fw253.
    I flash MM call recording and that not working.
    and the Superusermod check make restart.
    what s problem??

It's not working for X Performance F8132... I could install that apk and activate it in Xposed, but after phone rebooting, when I open that Checker app, the system just reboots without any error of apk UI pops up...

Known issue guys... i need a logcat produced just after the fc and boot occur.

The only way you can achieve it is:
    1. Open Android Device Monitor screen (android sdk folder\tools\monitor.bat)
    2. Plug usb cable
    3. Select your device (screenshot)
    4. Select All messages (screenshot)
    5. Choose error box (screenshot)

Now, only now, install the check app and run it

6. Just after your device fc and start rebooting up, unplug the usb cabe (important)
    7. Select all error lines (not only the shown ones... all of them) and save the log (screenshot)

Also, provide your deodexed (if possible) services.jar (together with logcat).