• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Xposed] Air Command Themer - Great THEME Collection [Updated]

Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello Folks,

Well, I would like to share my experimental xposed module called AIR COMMAND THEMER. As the name suggests, it is a module to easily apply themes for air command without flashing, just installing themes like any apk. You can even sell your themes on the Play Store if you like. As it is an xposed module, it requires and runs on the Xposed Framework by @rovo89 so make sure you already have xposed working.

DOWNLOAD:
Air Command Themer
For themes, see post attachments below.

REQUIREMENTS: Rooted Note 3, working Xposed framework and knowledge with activating xposed modules

HOW TO USE:

1. Download the module and install, activate in Xposed Installer. (don't need to reboot just yet)

2. Install some themes. I made some sample themes below courtesy of our friend @sibinn. (I will post a HOW-TO on making apk themes later)

3. Open Air Command Themer and make sure the installed themes are listed. Select and apply a theme.

4. Reboot.

5. Test. (For now, you need to do at least a soft reboot whenever you change theme. I am still trying to figure out how to do it without rebooting everytime)

6. I would appreciate your feedback/opinion/suggestion so I can fix what is not working if I can and so I can make it better.

GREAT COLLECTION OF THEMES - Thanks to @sibin & @FootSlave

There are more themes scattered throughout the thread shared by various users. Please check them out.

BIG THANKS: rovo89, @sibinn, @CasTTeLLo, @absinthesummer

Attachments

• LeatherThemeBySibinn.apk
    832.1 KB · Views: 3,833
  • LeatherWoodBySibinn.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,122
  • KitKatThemeBySibinn.apk
    738.2 KB · Views: 5,239
  • MetalWoodBySibinn.apk
    925.8 KB · Views: 3,474
  • OmegaThemeBySibinn.apk
    1 MB · Views: 3,333
  • S5ThemeBySibinn.apk
    703.3 KB · Views: 6,528
  • 2014-03-14-13-28-03.jpg
    2014-03-14-13-28-03.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 24,007
  • 2014-03-14-13-28-19.jpg
    2014-03-14-13-28-19.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 23,199
  • 2014-03-14-13-28-39.jpg
    2014-03-14-13-28-39.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 23,491
  • AirCommandThemer_v1.1.apk
    345.3 KB · Views: 27,238
  • SARAWBYSAB21SGN.apk
    2 MB · Views: 1,975
  • N9BYSAB21SGN.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,194
  • JDTBYSAB21sgn.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,111
  • EABYSAB21SGN.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,054
  • SELBYSAB21SGN.apk
    985.8 KB · Views: 1,830
  • SPIDEYBYSAB21sgn.apk
    3.5 MB · Views: 2,844
  • TransformersbySab21.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,548
  • TRWBYSAB21.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,243
  • XNOTEBYSAB21SGN.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,768
Last edited:

xperiacle

Nov 12, 2012
Themes are just normal apks with all the replacement images/pngs and with added meta-data : "aircommand.THEME" inserted in the apk's AndroidManifest.xml for the Themer app to recognize and load a theme.

REQUEST: If you made a theme, I would appreciate it if you could share it in the forum for others as well. I myself am not a themer, so I could use some good themes.

HOW TO FOR NOOBS:

For noobs who don't know how to use apktool or similar tools, the simplest way to put your own designs/themes is open any of the pre-compiled themes with 7zip (don't extract, just open) and navigate to /res/drawable-xxhdpi or /res/drawable-xhdpi folder and replace the images/png files with your own. Of course, make sure you maintain the same filenames and also image size/resolution. And just install the theme like a normal app.

Below I attached some pre-compiled themes. They all contain the same default theme and named numerically. Just download theme, pick any one of them and follow the noob instruction above. (About 10 precompiled themes for now but I will add more later).

Pre-Compiled Air Command Themes Set 1

Pre-Compiled Air Command Themes Set 2

HOW TO FOR THE NOT-SO NOOB:

Requirement: Knowledge on how to decompile/recompile apks
Tools: Apktool/ZipSigner or ApkMultitool or ApkManager, Notepad++

1. Decompile any of the ready-made or precompiled themes.

2. Open AndroidManifest.xml and edit the packagename. Make sure it is unique for every theme so there is no conflict when you install the theme.

Code:
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    [COLOR="Red"]package="xperiacle.aircommandtheme.twenty"[/COLOR]
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="1.0" >

<uses-sdk
        android:minSdkVersion="18"
        android:targetSdkVersion="18" />

<application
        android:allowBackup="true"
        android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
        android:label="@string/theme_name"
        android:theme="@style/AppTheme" >
        [COLOR="Red"]<meta-data android:name="aircommand.THEME" android:value="Twenty" />[/COLOR]
    </application>

</manifest>

3. Find the the meta-data that says "aircommand.THEME" and edit the "android:value="Theme Name". Put your theme name if you like.

4. Edit strings.xml located in /res/values and put your theme name. This theme name will be used by Air Command Themer in the theme list.

5. Replace the images/png in /res folders with your own.

6. There is also a preview.png file. If possible, make a preview image of your theme and replace the default one.

7. Recompile and sign the theme apk. With ApkMultitool or ApkManager, signing is part of the tools. You can also use ZipSigner from the Play Store to sign the apk.

8. Install and test.

COMPILE YOUR OWN WITH ECLIPSE/ADT:

If you have at least a basic knowledge of making a hello world app, then this is basically the same level of knowledge required. Just create a new project without any activity. You can use your own drawer icon if you like. Add the following meta-data in the AndroidManifest.xml so the Themer app can recognize the theme.

<meta-data android:name="aircommand.THEME" android:value="Twenty" />

Put the air command images/pngs/resources in their respective folders. For the Note 3, it is /res/drawable-xxhdpi. Compile and export your project. Test your theme apk and if all is well, distribute.

NOTE: Please let me know anything I missed or forgot.

Last edited:

Negan

Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
I can confirm it not quite working properly. Does not change on the fly. So I did a reboot. All themes are 100% transparent!
See attached ss. You can faintly see where it says air command. Im on my own rom. Right now its just stock rooted, deodexed 4.4.2
9005 base

uploadfromtaptalk1394807352344.jpg
hu6udy9a.jpg

sent from my JEDI ELITE Note 3

for best xda results, click to enlarge ?

Last edited:

kyawthettun

Apr 19, 2012
singapore
Reactions: xperiacle

Negan

Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Reactions: micmars

and2

Sep 25, 2008
Halle
Hi xperiacle,

the next great idea :good:. At first you know my constellation :D
All i get after activating the themer and a theme at 216, 300 and 480 dpi is in the attached pic.

Attachments

• AirCommandThemer.jpg
    AirCommandThemer.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 4,228
Reactions: xperiacle

xperiacle

Nov 12, 2012
Just updated the module, fixed some file permissions but I think it is working but may need to do a soft reboot everytime you change theme. I will try figure out how to change theme without rebooting. See updated module apk in the OP (first post).

Negan

Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Just updated the module, fixed some file permissions but I think it is working but may need to do a soft reboot everytime you change theme. I will try figure out how to change theme without rebooting. See updated module apk in the OP (first post).

Confirmed working with soft reboot. I will definitely make some themes for this
y8yqajyz.jpg

Reactions: and2

and2

Sep 25, 2008
Halle
yes like markbencze said, now there was the supersu request and the theme is changing after softboot. Fantasic and Thank you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

Negan

Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Reactions: sibinn

Dirtylarry11

Nov 27, 2012
Is there a way to take the downloaded zip files of air command themes and make them viewable with this themer without having to apply the zip files in recovery?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Negan

Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet

Dirtylarry11

Nov 27, 2012
I mean the zip files for various themes on xda..they download as zip files...not the ones found here...The only way to apply the zip files is recovery...I'd like to be able to add the files contained within those zips into the list of themes in the air command themer app

Negan

Staff member
Jan 30, 2013
Ottawa
tinyurl.com
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
I mean the zip files for various themes on xda..they download as zip files...not the ones found here...The only way to apply the zip files is recovery...I'd like to be able to add the files contained within those zips into the list of themes in the air command themer app

The ones youre referring to arent xposed apks

Top Liked Posts