[XPOSED][APP][4.0+] Performance Profile

Search This thread

2_i

May 22, 2013
WiFi Problems

After installing and activating Performance Profile, I started having serious WiFi problems. The WiFi disconnected every minute or so, reconnected, then disconnected for good etc. This occurred at different locations with different networks and reboots did not help. After disabling the Profile, WiFi connectivity went back to normal, generally stable. Is there any reason for the Performance Profile to interfere with WiFi connections? I only established profiles for phone and sms apps, boosting their priority.

Last edited:

h0rn3t

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2012
After installing and activating Performance Profile, I started having serious WiFi problems. The WiFi disconnected every minute or so, reconnected, then disconnected for good etc. This occurred at different locations with different networks and reboots did not help. After disabling the Profile, WiFi connectivity went back to normal, generally stable. Is there any reason for the Performance Profile to interfere with WiFi connections? I only established profiles for phone and sms apps, boosting their priority.

Strange... There is no direct link between PP and WiFi.

Reactions: 2_i

suta

Oct 28, 2008
I noticed that after using Performance Profile to reduce GPU/CPU speed/voltage it does not return to it's default phone value after exiting app.

Used CPUspy to check on the mhz.. and it was stuck at the speed I set using performance profile.

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I noticed that after using Performance Profile to reduce GPU/CPU speed/voltage it does not return to it's default phone value after exiting app.

Used CPUspy to check on the mhz.. and it was stuck at the speed I set using performance profile.

What is your device / rom?

suta

Oct 28, 2008
So, the profile change the cpu/gpu values but doesnt restore?!. The icon dissapear from notifications? It happend in previous version too, or just in the last one (1.6)?

I have only started using performance profile for a week. The Icon and Superuser access did appear and off when I enter and exit app.

I set the max MHZ 486 for a Game and after exiting, The Icon went away and superuser granted access poped up but it did not restore the default speed. and I was having very bad delay.. CPUSpy shows that it was only using MHZ 486.

I rebooted the phone and it uses 1890MHz, Reading from CPUSpy.

I'm able to obtain the result everytime I uses Performance Profile to reduce speed.

Reactions: h0rn3t

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I have only started using performance profile for a week. The Icon and Superuser access did appear and off when I enter and exit app.

I set the max MHZ 486 for a Game and after exiting, The Icon went away and superuser granted access poped up but it did not restore the default speed. and I was having very bad delay.. CPUSpy shows that it was only using MHZ 486.

I rebooted the phone and it uses 1890MHz, Reading from CPUSpy.

I'm able to obtain the result everytime I uses Performance Profile to reduce speed.

What are the values in Default Profile ? (use menu to access it)

suta

Oct 28, 2008
What are the values in Default Profile ? (use menu to access it)

Default are

Cpu 1
Min. cpu freq 1674mhz
Max cpu freq 0mhz
Gov ondeman
Gpu freq 450mhz

Cpu2
Min cpu 1674mhz
Max 0 mhz

Cpu3
Min cpu freq 1350mhz
Max 0mhz

Cpu 4
Min cpu freq 1350 mhz
Max Cpu freq 0mhz

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
Default are

Cpu 1
Min. cpu freq 1674mhz
Max cpu freq 0mhz
Gov ondeman
Gpu freq 450mhz

Cpu2
Min cpu 1674mhz
Max 0 mhz

Cpu3
Min cpu freq 1350mhz
Max 0mhz

Cpu 4
Min cpu freq 1350 mhz
Max Cpu freq 0mhz

The problem is the cpu max. freq.(incorrect value read by app). Please try reload system values in Default profile (use menu).

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I tried to load system values.. cpu 1 min freq 1350mhz. max 0mhz, Cpu 2 same, Cpu3 and cpu 4 off. On demand
Should I change the value manually for the max mhz? should I on all the cpu? 3 and 4? is cpu 3 and 4 on by default?

Yes. But first please try the test version from previous post!

suta

Oct 28, 2008
Yes. But first please try the test version from previous post!

I have installed the test version.. and loaded the system value.. Max mhz still shows 0 Mhz.
can you tell me the default value of cpu 1-4? is cpu 2-4 on by default? cpu3-4 are close when I load system value.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

is it necessary to on cpu 2-4? I am confused does off means it wont use cpu 2-4? or does it mean it will follow the cpu 1 setting? how does the stock system works? is cpu 2-4 should be off and follow cpu 1 setting? is that the default system setting for S4?

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I have installed the test version.. and loaded the system value.. Max mhz still shows 0 Mhz.
can you tell me the default value of cpu 1-4? is cpu 2-4 on by default? cpu3-4 are close when I load system value.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

is it necessary to on cpu 2-4? I am confused does off means it wont use cpu 2-4? or does it mean it will follow the cpu 1 setting? how does the stock system works? is cpu 2-4 should be off and follow cpu 1 setting? is that the default system setting for S4?

cpu 2-4 are controlled by mpdecision/hotplug...on stock kernel. Their values can change... can be off or on depend on your system load.
You can only change cpu1 values. Use CPUSpy or other similar app to read this values.

Reactions: suta

suta

Oct 28, 2008
cpu 2-4 are controlled by mpdecision/hotplug...on stock kernel. Their values can change... can be off or on depend on your system load.
You can only change cpu1 values. Use CPUSpy or other similar app to read this values.

Thanks! Does that mean on stock kernel I will not be able to control the value of CPU 2-4? How about GPU Frequency? Can it be change on stock kernel? I tried several apps but it shows that GPU adjustment is not supported, So I thought stock kernel does not support it. However I'm able to reduce it with performance profile it reduce the heat from 65 deg to 49 deg.

Strange.. so I suppose GPU adjustment works on stock kernel? This is an awesome APP! reduce the heat from the game i'm playing by so much! :good::good: Excellent app!

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
tested v1.6 on n7000/Aryav6. it crashed. able to select apps but when want to review the setting, it crashed. cannot access the default profile as well

the test version also crashed
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: h0rn3t

2_i

May 22, 2013
Strange... There is no direct link between PP and WiFi.

OK, i had the misfortune to try again. I pondered whether my priority boosts were too aggressive. I reduced them, enabled the Profile again and now the phone (Xperia Tipo Dual/Android 4.0.4) went into a reboot tailspin. It ended up with a Nandroid backup restore and I spent much of the last 24h cleaning up after the restoration as the backup had already some age.

It is OK - not every piece of software works on every phone and coexists peacefully with every other software on the phone. In any case, I will only try the Profile now after a fresh backup. Incidentally, besides that WiFi problem the other bad early sign I had with the Profile were the system messages that Profile failed though it apparently restarted again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Performance Profile is an Xposed Module that allows to change performance per application (only works for applications that have at least one visible activity). The profile will become active each time the corresponding application will be open and become inactive when the application will be hidden.
    May not work on some devices (rom/kernel)

Require:
    Root
    Busybox
    Xposed Framework

Installation:
    Install Xposed Framework
    Install Performance Profile
    Activate Performance Profile in modules section of Xposed Framework Installer
    Reboot

Features:

Set/Restore:
    - min. CPU freq. & max. CPU freq. (support multicore)
    limited control with mpdecision / hotplug / intelliplug or other similar modules
    - Governor
    - IO Scheduler
    - GPU freq. (kernel related)
    - NICE priority
    - Custom scripts

Screen Off Profile
    LockScreen Profile
    Whitelist (the packages from whitelist will not make changes over the active profile.
    Backup/Restore data
    App usage tracking

Important:
    Application needs initial min. CPU frequency, max. CPU frequency, Governor and GPU max. freq. for restoring the system when a profile become inactive. Any changes of these parameters, require reopening Performance Profile and set Default Profile with the new values.

Credits to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for clever Xposed Framework project
    Thanks to @educk for help with testing

Download: here
    Alternative downloads: directly via Xposed Installer or at: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.h0rn3t.performanceprofile

XDA:DevDB Information
    Performance Profile, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    h0rn3t

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-24

Created 2014-04-19
    Last Updated 2014-06-04
    Changelog

v2.2 [01.06.2014]
    • added IO scheduler as profile parameter (tip: reload default profile to update all profiles with default IO scheduler)
    • added notifications type/behavior options

v2.1 [27.05.2014]
    • fixed backups issue
    • added light theme
    • added option to move profiles into whitelist and vice versa

v2.0 [25.05.2014]
    • custom shell script can be added to profiles (details)
    • profile values can be copy from profiles already defined (longtap on profile)
    • some UI changes

v1.8 [21.05.2014]
    • fixed crash when scaling_available_frequencies file missing
    • fixed menu display on some devices

v1.6 [16.05.2014]
    • added support for liveOC kernels.
    • added sort option for profile's list
    • added portuguese translation ( thank to @RBDoMGaM )

v1.5 [11.05.2014]
    • Fixed FC bug from v1.4 (removed)

v1.4 [11.05.2014]

• reboot required
    • added Default profile:
      - removed automatically read default values at application start
      - manually edit values or load from system
    • added App Usage tracking:
      - sort by last used and number of opening
      - hide items
    • some UI changes

v1.3 [08.05.2014]
    • added lockscreen profile
    • removed system/user packages list
    • added a single list of packages with filter option
    • allow profile per launcher (only NICE priority)
    • split NICE into 2 values: foreground and background

v1.2 [03.05.2014]
    • added NICE priority to profiles
    • added Screen Off profile (must disable notification from settings if you use Peek feature) - reboot required
    • added Hungarian translation thanks to @szunyi77

v1.1 [30.04.2014]
    • added multicore support (may not work with mpdecision/hotplug)
    • added GPU frequency (kernel related)
    Migration:
    Restore defaults value for all profiles. In profile's window use menu to restore. Then you can set the new desired values
    Actually backups are not compatible with the new version or future.

v1.0 [24.04.2014]
    • first release
    v2.2

• added IO scheduler as profile parameter (tip: reload default profile to update all profiles with default IO scheduler)
    • added notifications type/behavior options
    v1.2

• added NICE priority to profiles
    • added Screen Off profile (must disable notification from settings if you use Peek feature) - reboot required
    • added Hungarian translation thanks to @szunyi77
    • added donation option from module settings
    v1.4

• reboot required
    • added Default profile:
      - removed automatically read default values at application start
      - manually edit values or load from system
    • added App Usage tracking:
      - sort by last used and number of opening
      - hide items
    • some UI changes