[XPOSED][APP][4.0+] Performance Profile

Search This thread

h0rn3t

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2012
anyway that we can set default governor and cpu frequency on boot?

PP has a different purpose. You can use a dedicated app like SetCPU, TricksterMod, PerformanceControl, which give you the possibility to set and restore at boot a lot of kernel features.

HaarisTheBoss

Mar 4, 2014
Bangalore
I'm having this bug where if my CPU 1 is set at highest 1.4ghz and CPU 2 at 1 ghz. But CPU 2 goes up toll 1.4 ghz which is the same speed as the 1st CPU. Anybody else have this problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I'm having this bug where if my CPU 1 is set at highest 1.4ghz and CPU 2 at 1 ghz. But CPU 2 goes up toll 1.4 ghz which is the same speed as the 1st CPU. Anybody else have this problem.

You have the stock kernel?

2_i

May 22, 2013
I reduced them, enabled the Profile again and now the phone (Xperia Tipo Dual/Android 4.0.4) went into a reboot tailspin. It ended up with a Nandroid backup restore and I spent much of the last 24h cleaning up after the restoration as the backup had already some age.

Pullback: It looks that the reboot tailspin was caused by a bad update of BootManager that I picked up on the way in the Xposed Framework downloads. I activated Performance Profile again, am getting some of the "stopped working" for the Profile, but this alone is tolerable. WiFi seems stable as well.

Reactions: h0rn3t

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
Pullback: It looks that the reboot tailspin was caused by a bad update of BootManager that I picked up on the way in the Xposed Framework downloads. I activated Performance Profile again, am getting some of the "stopped working" for the Profile, but this alone is tolerable. WiFi seems stable as well.

You have the last version 1.7 ?

2_i

May 22, 2013
You have the last version 1.7 ?

Yes, 1.7. My need is to prioritize the dialer and a couple of apps that I use to navigate around the phone. There is nothing more frustrating than being unable to make a phone call with the phone, because the system considers other tasks to be more important. The fact that the priority boost is tied to an active window for the Profile, which I read somewhere, is somewhat limiting, but I will take anything.

Last edited:

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Hello, is it possible to add more advanced conditions than opening an application to apply the frequencies ?
For example, being able to discard a profile only when battery is lower than an arbitrary amount chosen by the user, per profiles, would be nice.

Best regards, Magissia.

HaarisTheBoss

Mar 4, 2014
Bangalore
You have the stock kernel?

Using yank kernel
Edit: I tried the stock kernel now and it's the same thing. I played with it a bit more and found out that whichever core has the lower clock speed the remaining cores adjust to the lowest speed.

Last edited:

jdtimothy

Feb 22, 2014
Possible bug with idle frequency

I am using multiple profiles using the powersave governor with the lowest frequency set at 960mhz.... Everything works great for a couple of hours, but after a few hours my device idles at 960mhz instead of going down to 300mhz where it should be. There is no profile running when this happens. The only fix is to reboot! Any idea what's happening? My device is a nexus 5 running stock rom.

h0rn3t

Jun 4, 2012
I am using multiple profiles using the powersave governor with the lowest frequency set at 960mhz.... Everything works great for a couple of hours, but after a few hours my device idles at 960mhz instead of going down to 300mhz where it should be. There is no profile running when this happens. The only fix is to reboot! Any idea what's happening? My device is a nexus 5 running stock rom.

So it doesnt restore default profile? I need more information to understand. What values are set in default profile, how many profiles do you have,...

jdtimothy

Feb 22, 2014
So it doesnt restore default profile? I need more information to understand. What values are set in default profile, how many profiles do you have,...

It restores default profile each time because I can see that it is running the ondemand governor again...maybe it just doesn't reset the lowest frequency every once and a while, like I said its after a couple of hours that the 960mhz stays. I have 24 profiles.

So I did a test: I set up a profile to the calculator app to run at 300mhz to see if it would go below the stuck 960mhz and now when no profile is running it is back to 300mhz....(better than rebooting my phone)

My default setup is:
Min: 1267mhz
Max: 2265mhz
On demand

Note: the on demand governor on my nexus 5 idles at 300mhz by default.... Also while I have the stuck value of 960mhz, changing the default profile min to 300 doesn't make it go back to the 300mhz... The only fix so far is running an app that has powersave and min 300mhz or rebooting.

I hope that helps, let me know of you need more info.

Benedetto1702

Apr 9, 2007
Hi,
I've installed the last version 1.7
But module keeps crashing

Just installed the module activate it and reboot but when I'm trying to set the app it crash

Any help

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

SLMI

Jan 31, 2012
Istanbul
Please more details !

Bro I've installed latest version v1.7 on my Note 2 running Ditto N3 v5 kit kat rom, with no other tweaks just it and it force closes, it opens up waits for 1-2 secs then force closes

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Performance Profile is an Xposed Module that allows to change performance per application (only works for applications that have at least one visible activity). The profile will become active each time the corresponding application will be open and become inactive when the application will be hidden.
    May not work on some devices (rom/kernel)

Require:
    Root
    Busybox
    Xposed Framework

Installation:
    Install Xposed Framework
    Install Performance Profile
    Activate Performance Profile in modules section of Xposed Framework Installer
    Reboot

Features:

Set/Restore:
    - min. CPU freq. & max. CPU freq. (support multicore)
    limited control with mpdecision / hotplug / intelliplug or other similar modules
    - Governor
    - IO Scheduler
    - GPU freq. (kernel related)
    - NICE priority
    - Custom scripts

Screen Off Profile
    LockScreen Profile
    Whitelist (the packages from whitelist will not make changes over the active profile.
    Backup/Restore data
    App usage tracking

Important:
    Application needs initial min. CPU frequency, max. CPU frequency, Governor and GPU max. freq. for restoring the system when a profile become inactive. Any changes of these parameters, require reopening Performance Profile and set Default Profile with the new values.

Credits to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for clever Xposed Framework project
    Thanks to @educk for help with testing

Download: here
    Alternative downloads: directly via Xposed Installer or at: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.h0rn3t.performanceprofile

XDA:DevDB Information
    Performance Profile, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    h0rn3t

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-24

Created 2014-04-19
    Last Updated 2014-06-04
    Changelog

v2.2 [01.06.2014]
    • added IO scheduler as profile parameter (tip: reload default profile to update all profiles with default IO scheduler)
    • added notifications type/behavior options

v2.1 [27.05.2014]
    • fixed backups issue
    • added light theme
    • added option to move profiles into whitelist and vice versa

v2.0 [25.05.2014]
    • custom shell script can be added to profiles (details)
    • profile values can be copy from profiles already defined (longtap on profile)
    • some UI changes

v1.8 [21.05.2014]
    • fixed crash when scaling_available_frequencies file missing
    • fixed menu display on some devices

v1.6 [16.05.2014]
    • added support for liveOC kernels.
    • added sort option for profile's list
    • added portuguese translation ( thank to @RBDoMGaM )

v1.5 [11.05.2014]
    • Fixed FC bug from v1.4 (removed)

v1.4 [11.05.2014]

• reboot required
    • added Default profile:
      - removed automatically read default values at application start
      - manually edit values or load from system
    • added App Usage tracking:
      - sort by last used and number of opening
      - hide items
    • some UI changes

v1.3 [08.05.2014]
    • added lockscreen profile
    • removed system/user packages list
    • added a single list of packages with filter option
    • allow profile per launcher (only NICE priority)
    • split NICE into 2 values: foreground and background

v1.2 [03.05.2014]
    • added NICE priority to profiles
    • added Screen Off profile (must disable notification from settings if you use Peek feature) - reboot required
    • added Hungarian translation thanks to @szunyi77

v1.1 [30.04.2014]
    • added multicore support (may not work with mpdecision/hotplug)
    • added GPU frequency (kernel related)
    Migration:
    Restore defaults value for all profiles. In profile's window use menu to restore. Then you can set the new desired values
    Actually backups are not compatible with the new version or future.

v1.0 [24.04.2014]
    • first release
    v2.2

• added IO scheduler as profile parameter (tip: reload default profile to update all profiles with default IO scheduler)
    • added notifications type/behavior options
    v1.2

• added NICE priority to profiles
    • added Screen Off profile (must disable notification from settings if you use Peek feature) - reboot required
    • added Hungarian translation thanks to @szunyi77
    • added donation option from module settings
    v1.4

• reboot required
    • added Default profile:
      - removed automatically read default values at application start
      - manually edit values or load from system
    • added App Usage tracking:
      - sort by last used and number of opening
      - hide items
    • some UI changes