[Xposed] Fingerface - FaceID backward compatible

jljtgr

Oct 12, 2013
I had already tested this, it also doesn't work. I will reinstall the system and redo the entire root procedure ...
The funny thing is that I have the EnablerSoli module in magisk and it works well, it looks like edXposed that doesn't work
The very first time I used FingerFace, almost a year ago, it didn't work the first time. I switched from SandHook to a little known YAHFA version and it worked. I thought that was the fix until people claimed that SandHook worked fine. As superstition, I still use YAHFA and it still works... but I imagine that it's more complex than that. I don't think you need to wipe your phone... I think you might just need to experiment more with EdXposed and the associated Riru packages in Magisk.

Jun 27, 2013
São Paulo
The very first time I used FingerFace, almost a year ago, it didn't work the first time. I switched from SandHook to a little known YAHFA version and it worked. I thought that was the fix until people claimed that SandHook worked fine. As superstition, I still use YAHFA and it still works... but I imagine that it's more complex than that. I don't think you need to wipe your phone... I think you might just need to experiment more with EdXposed and the associated Riru packages in Magisk.
Got it!
I removed EdXposed, Magisk and restored the boot.img.

That done:

Installed:
Magisk (Canary 21101)
** restarted the device
MagiskHide Props Config (Latest version)
Systemless Hosts (Latest version)
** restarted the device
Riru (Riru - Core) (21.2)
** restarted the device
Riru - EdXposed (0.5.0.6-android_r (4561) (YAHFA)
** restarted the device
HiddenCore Module (Latest version)
Fingerface (1.1.1)

In MagiskHide I selected, all the way around, Google apps, searching for "google" in the search field
In EdXposed I enabled App List Mode and Pass SafetyNet

At the moment Fingerface works perfectly and SafetyNet has passed!

@jljtgr, thank you for your attention!

Video

Last edited:

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I bought your .apk and Im not even rooted, don't have xposed, and don't plan on installing xposed. Just bought it to show some appreciation for your hard work and to give a big middle finger to those ridiculous pricks that ran their mouth about not posting paid apps on here cuz that's not what the community is about. And to those wanting refunds for a freaking dollar. It's just a dollar people. If you can't read instructions before you buy and you end up spending a dollar on something you can't use because you didn't read then sorry you should lose that dollar. Keep up the good work buddy.

Reactions: Beyond246

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
I bought your .apk and Im not even rooted, don't have xposed, and don't plan on installing xposed. Just bought it to show some appreciation for your hard work and to give a big middle finger to those ridiculous pricks that ran their mouth about not posting paid apps on here cuz that's not what the community is about. And to those wanting refunds for a freaking dollar. It's just a dollar people. If you can't read instructions before you buy and you end up spending a dollar on something you can't use because you didn't read then sorry you should lose that dollar. Keep up the good work buddy.

Right on brother!! I donated to a half dozen devs in here whenever I can no matter if I use their stuff or not for the same reasons. This community supporting the 4xl has been pretty darn committed even when things were not looking very productive for a while. I've got nothing but respect for those keeping this scene going!

Suavie103

Jun 15, 2014
Got it!
I removed EdXposed, Magisk and restored the boot.img.

That done:

Installed:
Magisk (Canary 21101)
** restarted the device
MagiskHide Props Config (Latest version)
Systemless Hosts (Latest version)
** restarted the device
Riru (Riru - Core) (21.2)
** restarted the device
Riru - EdXposed (0.5.0.6-android_r (4561) (YAHFA)
** restarted the device
HiddenCore Module (Latest version)
Fingerface (1.1.1)

In MagiskHide I selected, all the way around, Google apps, searching for "google" in the search field
In EdXposed I enabled App List Mode and Pass SafetyNet

At the moment Fingerface works perfectly and SafetyNet has passed!

@jljtgr, thank you for your attention!

Video
Are you still using hidden core mod? And are you using it to pass safety net?

jljtgr

Oct 12, 2013
Hi, I installed the apk from play store, now what I have to do? Thanks
Assuming you have the Xposed framework installed, you enable it in the manager and reboot. If you don't have any flavor of the Xposed framework installed, you have a much longer road ahead.

jljtgr

Oct 12, 2013
That depends on a combination of things. Similar to how you need a certain level/version of Magisk to work with A11, you need a certain level of Edxposed to say that it works properly. After that, it's mostly the modules that have issues with A11, not Edxposed itself. That said, FingerFace works just as well with A11 as it did with A10.

Look at the past couple pages and people have said what versions of everything they use. I personally had problems getting anything to work with the newest Riru Core module, but that might have been ironed out with specific versions of other things.

Reactions: gotty91

davide91100

Jan 26, 2021
Hi all guys, is there anyone currently using this xposed module? I tried to install it and it works fine, but with the module activated, safetynet does not pass. When I deactivate it, it comes back to pass.
I am using the safetynet-fix-v1.1.1 module; I have hidden most of the google apps with magiskhide and I have hidden the magiskmanager. what am I doing wrong?

jljtgr

Oct 12, 2013
Works on galaxy A70?
You might have to find out the hard way... but if this device uses a face unlock that the A10 biometric API deems secure, it should work. TBH, if there is another secure biometric unlock method, it should work as well. The module re-routes old fingerprint API calls to new biometric API calls. But if Samsung cooked up their own face unlock not based on the biometric API, then it won't work.

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Have you upgraded your edxposed and edxposed manager ?
How do you setup your applist ? blacklist or whitelist ?
In safetynet test, both items fail or just ctsprofile check fails ?
Have you tried to install magisk module of MagiskHideProps to resetup your fingerprint ?

To myself, I changed applist from blacklist mode to whitelist mode and didn't setup anything further in edxposed except for necessary setup for making GravityBox working.

Hi all guys, is there anyone currently using this xposed module? I tried to install it and it works fine, but with the module activated, safetynet does not pass. When I deactivate it, it comes back to pass.
I am using the safetynet-fix-v1.1.1 module; I have hidden most of the google apps with magiskhide and I have hidden the magiskmanager. what am I doing wrong?