Search This thread

aramisathei

Jul 21, 2015
You can install xposed module for magisk:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/unofficial-systemless-xposed-t3388268

Source:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xposed-framework-hub/

** Update: just tried it and our device is not (yet) supported. **

I thought it was a great idea and jumped the gun. Didn't realize it was for xposed only when I bought it. There are no refund options.

You can run xposed on Pixel 4 XL.
Does require a special branch of magisk 20.0 and the lastest beta for Ed.
I used this as reference. https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v10-0-0-beta-1-android-10-t3974497

This module itself works fantastic. Super happy OP put it together.
Also noted like OP said that after a day there's no network usage at all, but it's pretty easy to block that option even so.

Last edited:

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
So I'm guessing you never used a finger scanner either, because that can unlocked with your eyes closed too.

How many people in your life are likely to break in when you're sleeping and unlock your phone? Come on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/dm7xbx/the_eyes_shut_face_unlock_debacle_is/

IMO finger scanner is way more secure than face unlock. Thing is, if you have never been a victim of bank fraud or identity theft you won't understand my side. I trust everyone in my household but I rather be safe than sorry. And btw, there are many other places people nap at other than home. Think about a university student taking a nap between classes and listening to music. It could happen. As a matter of fact I know people who were working on their master's degree who took a nap only to find out later someone used their finger print scanner to send money via paypal... so yeah. To each their own, no reason to be sarcastic.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017
Exeter
IMO finger scanner is way more secure than face unlock. Thing is, if you have never been a victim of bank fraud or identity theft you won't understand my side. I trust everyone in my household but I rather be safe than sorry. And btw, there are many other places people nap at other than home. Think about a university student taking a nap between classes and listening to music. It could happen. As a matter of fact I know people who were working on their master's degree who took a nap only to find out later someone used their finger print scanner to send money via paypal... so yeah. To each their own, no reason to be sarcastic.

I'm sorry to hear were a victim of bank fraud, that sucks. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but that Reddit post outlines very well while this argument isn't very strong.

If you fall asleep on campus, anyone will ill intent who can't access your phone is still gonna steal it and sell it on. If you're planning on falling asleep in a public place where your phone is so accessable you kinds deserve whatever happens, cus that's dumb af. Why would you fall asleep with your phone out on the table, or on the grass? As I said, the fingerprint scanner is less secure than facial scanner anyway. Besides, it's gonna get fixed in like 2 months according to Google, so the chances of anything bad happening are too low to matter.

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
I'm sorry to hear were a victim of bank fraud, that sucks. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but that Reddit post outlines very well while this argument isn't very strong.

If you fall asleep on campus, anyone will ill intent who can't access your phone is still gonna steal it and sell it on. If you're planning on falling asleep in a public place where your phone is so accessable you kinds deserve whatever happens, cus that's dumb af. Why would you fall asleep with your phone out on the table, or on the grass? As I said, the fingerprint scanner is less secure than facial scanner anyway. Besides, it's gonna get fixed in like 2 months according to Google, so the chances of anything bad happening are too low to matter.

Well when it's fixed it's a different story. As far as why anyone would sleep somewhere public with phone out. Think long plane ride, or any other long ride in public transportation. There are many different scenarios out there. I personally would like to think there are more good people than bad ones out there that wouldn't take advantage of people like that.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017
Exeter
Well when it's fixed it's a different story. As far as why anyone would sleep somewhere public with phone out. Think long plane ride, or any other long ride in public transportation. There are many different scenarios out there. I personally would like to think there are still good people out there that wouldn't take advantage of people like that.

There are good people out there who wouldn't take advantage, but if I fell asleep on a plane or public transport I'd know to put my phone in my pocket or bag. Even if they did get my phone from either without being awoken, that's still more difficult to achieve than placing a fingerprint scanner against my finger. Again, that's still not requiring your eyes to be open, so it's confusing that you would use that but not face unlock.

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
There are good people out there who wouldn't take advantage, but if I fell asleep on a plane or public transport I'd know to put my phone in my pocket or bag. Even if they did get my phone from either without being awoken, that's still more difficult to achieve than placing a fingerprint scanner against my finger. Again, that's still not requiring your eyes to be open, so it's confusing that you would use that but not face unlock.

Face unlock does not require touch and is faster, making it that much easier to get access. But like I said, once the eyes issue is fixed...whole different ball game

Edit.

We should stop going back and forth. Enough information already posted to defend both sides. Let's get this thread back on track. Just for the record, I think this is a great app. I went ahead and bought it and plan to implement it in the future.

Last edited:

dtsjunk

Feb 19, 2008
Wow this works really well, only pity for the confirm button instead of go straight login. Thanks for this only for some reason I did pay two times ....

jasonstackhouse

Recognized Themer
Wait, what? So the only way it can be published here is if he offers a free version as well? That's fukd up. I thought the idea of this site was to help users, which i believe he did. #f*ckxda and their ****ty rules

I don't think you understand how this website works. It's great the guy made an app and published it to the play store. No one is bashing that. But the bottom line is, that XDA's website is comprised of content and information that is free of charge, built by developers and members on free open source software. This is a place for discussion and innovation, and not a place for the sale of those items.

On the other end of this discussion, XDA is also a place that does not allow the promotion or sharing of unauthorized/modified/stolen apks, or software. So as much as you think XDA sucks and it doesn't help it's users, you should know it's the one website that will let you use it's platform for free to learn and innovate, and when you learned enough to go corporate and start selling your contributions, it shows the developer the respect they deserve by prohibiting users from circulating their pirated apks and software.

Reactions: Thanos

jasonlee0315

Sep 21, 2009
God, you just saved my life or I would still be stuck at typing a bunch of passwords. It totally a waste of time.
It works really great!

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
If this could be made into just a Magisk mod, I would gladly pay more. To me, this is worth a lot because I use a lot of apps that require passwords every time. I just don't want to mess with Xposed.
Let us know what it would take!
He updated the OP that it's being worked on for magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, Everyone,

Pixel 4 remove fingerprint sensor, but most of app did not update to newest biometrics api yet.

I build this module to proxy old fingerprint api to biometrics api .

You can use FaceID just like fingerprint.

Here is github link,

You should build apk by your self, it much safer.

but if you want buy me a coffee, here is google play link.

Hope you guys like it.

QA

Q. Is this module safely?

A. First, this app didn't have network permission. It can not send anything out.

Fingerprint api and biometrics api just receive authenticate request from app and tell app is authenticate success or not.

App will not sent any your data to those api.

Q. Magisk module
    A. Use pure magisk to implement this feature need much work. I will working on it but it won't release soon.
    Wait, what? So the only way it can be published here is if he offers a free version as well? That's fukd up. I thought the idea of this site was to help users, which i believe he did. #f*ckxda and their ****ty rules
    Excuse me? Do you not even understand the reasoning behind this? It's to prevent people from using this site to advertise their paid apps, using XDA to make money off of THEIR userbase.
    How would you like it if every rom was paid? If every root method was paid? This community is about giving to each other, not for profit.
    I do believe in donating to those who deserve it don't get me wrong, but that's not what this community was founded upon.
    If you don't like the rules then you're welcome to leave.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    This is against XDA rules unless you post a free version for us to use BTW
    Excuse me? Do you not even understand the reasoning behind this? It's to prevent people from using this site to advertise their paid apps, using XDA to make money off of THEIR userbase.
    How would you like it if every rom was paid? If every root method was paid? This community is about giving to each other, not for profit.
    I do believe in donating to those who deserve it don't get me wrong, but that's not what this community was founded upon.
    If you don't like the rules then you're welcome to leave.
    Well then, that's up to the moderators to actually do their job and not to enforce an absolutist mentality. Personally, whether someone advertises their paid app here or somewhere else, the bottom line is to help the end user. So, by saying you need to post a free version actually inhibits quite a dew devs from sharing their work here, for that exact reason. Same goes for posting TG links. This site is supposed to help people as a whole, not dictate what they determine to be viable outlets. Leave that to the users to decide. I cant tell you how many well known devs are sick and tired of xda and their antiquated rules. Which is a shame, cuz they are actually pushing good devs away.
    You're looking for xda-users.com