Xposed for Nougat works on Stock Roms

Search This thread

Unundra

Jun 27, 2017
Official caused me a bootloop in magisk.
Anyone know where the old module version 87.3 sdk 24 is available for download?

Edit: found it here if anyone else is looking. https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...ess-xposed-t3388268/post74113133#post74113133

Official also bootloops for me on stock US99715a rooted with Magisk 14.0. The 87.3 sdk 24 you've linked boots and appears to work fine, but apps always ask to enable the modules in Xposed and reboot (at least Amplify and BootManager always do). Has this also happened to you?

jsyd09

Jun 14, 2016
Official also bootloops for me on stock US99715a rooted with Magisk 14.0. The 87.3 sdk 24 you've linked boots and appears to work fine, but apps always ask to enable the modules in Xposed and reboot (at least Amplify and BootManager always do). Has this also happened to you?
That happens after initial module installation but other than that I havn't had that happen.

Last edited:

FlyingPersian

Feb 21, 2014
I'm also still having bootloops. Tried using Magisk Manager and Xposed Installer, both official and systemless, to install this. I keep getting stuck at the LG logo. I'm on stock android with TWRP

FlyingPersian

Feb 21, 2014
So does work Xposed on your G6 now?

Still getting bootloop?

Sent from my LG G6 (H870)

I just installed the systemless again, seems to be stuck in a bootloop again. Installed it inside the xposed installer

edit: nevermind, seems to run! but my phone is super slow right now

edit2: I removed xposed using the uninstaller.zip and now it's stuck in a bootloop again -.-

Last edited:

matuszp

Apr 14, 2014
H870 with root + TWRP and latest magisk v15.
Can You please instruct me how should I flash xposed to make it work properly?
I downloaded xposed (sdk 24) via magisk but it gave me bootloop.
ROM is v11g

Thanks in advance !

Indiant

Sep 25, 2008
The topic name is misleading. All of you has an unlockable and rootable device with the possibility of recovery. (H870 and US997)
I have US997U with stock rom. (locked bootloader, no root, no recovery) That is stock. (and no kdz to reinstall)
...and I bet xposed is not working.

Killua96

Apr 5, 2012
Castelvetro di Modena
The topic name is misleading. All of you has an unlockable and rootable device with the possibility of recovery. (H870 and US997)
I have US997U with stock rom. (locked bootloader, no root, no recovery) That is stock. (and no kdz to reinstall)
...and I bet xposed is not working.
Without root or without TWRP you cannot use Xposed, so there is no misleading title.
But if you want I can add "Only H870 tested, and only devices with unlockable bootloader can root and flash Xposed", maybe is too long... :D

mrbeem

Nov 25, 2016
H870 with root + TWRP and latest magisk v15.
Can You please instruct me how should I flash xposed to make it work properly?
I downloaded xposed (sdk 24) via magisk but it gave me bootloop.
ROM is v11g

Thanks in advance !
Just download v88.1 and flash it. No Magisk involved. Just flash in TWRP and it will install in system mode. I have it installed and it works

Sent from my LG-H870 using XDA Labs

nIsmoAddict

Nov 4, 2013
Hi Mrbreem, is there a compatibility issue with v89 with G6 US997 and is that why you're suggesting v88.1? I've been trying to get xposed to run on my phone for a while and every time I try, xposed installer tells me that it is installed but not activated. It has also affects FB messenger from running as well. Also, do you suggest flashing the topjohnwu version or the official one?

Last edited:

matuszp

Apr 14, 2014
Just download v88.1 and flash it. No Magisk involved. Just flash in TWRP and it will install in system mode. I have it installed and it works

Sent from my LG-H870 using XDA Labs
Thank you. Recently downloaded v89, waited few minutes till bootloop will finally finish, and it works :)

Wysłane z mojego LG-H870 przy użyciu Tapatalka

mrbeem

Nov 25, 2016
Hi Mrbreem, is there a compatibility issue with v89 with G6 US997 and is that why you're suggesting v88.1? I've been trying to get xposed to run on my phone for a while and every time I try, xposed installer tells me that it is installed but not activated. It has also affects FB messenger from running as well. Also, do you suggest flashing the topjohnwu version or the official one?
No idea about US997. I have H870. Regarding flashing topjohnwu or official... I think an official version is a wiser choice :)

popveneer

Apr 5, 2016
Personal Experience in case it helps others. Many of us are still getting bootloops after Xposed install. Questions below:

US997, 16a Software, 3.18.21 Kernel = Stock, Starting point
Magics 15.1 (via TWRP) + 5.5.3 Magisk Manager (adb install) = Root working
xposed-v89-sdk24-arm64.zip (via TWRP) = Bootloop at 2nd LG logo
xposed-uninstaller-20160829-arm64.zip (via TWRP) = no help, Bootloop at 2nd LG logo

US997_16A_(TWRP).zip (via TWRP) = Stock, re-starting point
Magics 15.1 (via TWRP) + 5.5.3 Magisk Manager (adb install) = Root working
xposed_Framework_SDK_24-89.0_Systemless_by-topjohnwu.zip (via TWRP) = Bootloop at 2nd LG logo

Neither 87 or 88 modules fixes the issue. Rovo89 reviewed a similar logcat and found that you just had to wait a long time: github /rovo89/android_art/issues/65

So after 13 minutes of watching bootloops... device is running Systemless v89.1
xposed_Framework_SDK_24-89.1_Systemless_by-topjohnwu.zip (via Magisk Manager) = Solid Gold

All subsequent reboots (with or without Xposed module disabled in Magisk Manager) work quickly.

Question for all working Xposed LG G6 users:
* How long did you have to wait???

Last edited:

mprovi_15

Dec 7, 2015
I have installed xposed v89 (no systemless version) in LG G6 H870 with magisk v15.3. The first boot took 10 min and after three auto reboots xposed was installed and working fine. I have tried installing systemless version of xposed (v89.1) via magisk manager and twrp but both didn't work despite that I have unistalled no systemless version and waited 10 min to boot properly also. Has anybody installed xposed v89.1 systemless version in H870 and get it to work?

jurington

Jan 16, 2014
I finally waited long enough for it to reboot itself 4 times for about 15 minutes, and it's working fine now.

Magisk manager 5.5.5
Magisk version 15.3
Installed xposed version 89.1 through magisk manager and rebooted and waited for it to finally get through it, I was just about to use the button combo to reboot into twrp.

I have a US997 running stock 16A

Sent from my LG G6 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone