• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xposed for the Note 7 after rooting with OvrDriVE's method

Search This thread

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
Okay, I was skeptical at first, but realized I need to fly soon and wanted to stimulate the green battery icon in case security thinks this is a recalled Note 7. There's been so much press about the green icon meaning the phone is safe that *not* seeing one may have folks thinking it's not...

Results with this module exceeded my expectations. And no more voLTE...

Good idea. This is a patently ridiculous way to push identifying your phone is safe, samsung. I think some corporate psychologist got a check from marketing.

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Is there a module that enables infinite Scrolling? This and advanced boot menu are the only reason I installed xposed but the scrolling option is missing from xtouchwiz.

NM: I ended up uninstalling xposed because I got the gears with starting apps on every boot. Of all the MODs I wanted, only 2 were available so it was a waste of time.

Last edited:

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
Is there a module that enables infinite Scrolling? This and advanced boot menu are the only reason I installed xposed but the scrolling option is missing from xtouchwiz.

NM: I ended up uninstalling xposed because I got the gears with starting apps on every boot. Of all the MODs I wanted, only 2 were available so it was a waste of time.

We need to figure out why xposed is doing this. I know its xposed now... I install it and the "Android is optimizing 1 of 1" pops up. As you said on every boot. Not many people are getting this, or its just that no one else is complaining luck us lol.

Last edited:

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009
We need to firgure out why xposed is doing this. I know its xposed now... I install it and the "Android is optimizing 1 of 1" pops up. As you said on every boot. Not many people are getting this, or its just that no one else is complaining luck us lol.
I get it to, and it is a pain, but I really don't reboot that often so it's not a deal breaker for me by any means.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
I get it to, and it is a pain, but I really don't reboot that often so it's not a deal breaker for me by any means.

I rarely reboot my phone as well, But just seeing it for a few seconds makes me uneasy. What I don't get, Is that not many people are complaining about this issue. If people are doing it differently then how the guide says to do so and they aren't getting this issue, then Id love to see what they are doing.

JohnShaft69

Feb 3, 2009
Awesome module I discovered while trying to figure out how to get rid of the ugly roaming triangle this root puts on the signal bars. It's called Flat Style Bar Indicators, some free stuff and a very nominal cost for full version. I also see that the root took away the carrier name, which can be added back with this module. You can change any aspect of the status bar, it's very cool. I made my signal bars look like an iPhone, much easier and clearer to read.

now we need to find out how to change AOD to be green also. to be safe disable AOD b4 you fly i guess...

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
I rarely reboot my phone as well, But just seeing it for a few seconds makes me uneasy. What I don't get, Is that not many people are complaining about this issue. If people are doing it differently then how the guide says to do so and they aren't getting this issue, then Id love to see what they are doing.

I'm not having the issue. I had it the very first time I rebooted, and it would annoy me if it stayed (I've rebooted many, many times), but not enough to give up xposed.

I've been trying to install action launcher as a system app and have never successfully done so, but today after moving it by adb I got a re-init screen I'd never seen before. A reboot made that go away too.

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009
Hey guys. Did anyone else notice the phone get slower when you installed xposed?

I only put in the modules discussed in the forum but my phone was slowing way down and some vr games stopped working entirely. I returned to a pre xposed backup and now Im back up to full speed. I wonder if maybe it was a battery saving feature or something.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I would love to narrow it down so that I can reinstall and use exposed again.

I may try to reinstall and test myself again later. I just don't have time now and I was wondering about everyone else's experience.

Thanks in advance all.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Hey guys. Did anyone else notice the phone get slower when you installed xposed?

I only put in the modules discussed in the forum but my phone was slowing way down and some vr games stopped working entirely. I returned to a pre xposed backup and now Im back up to full speed. I wonder if maybe it was a battery saving feature or something.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I would love to narrow it down so that I can reinstall and use exposed again.

I may try to reinstall and test myself again later. I just don't have time now and I was wondering about everyone else's experience.

Thanks in advance all.

Xposed slowed me down as well, although I suspect that it's wanam modules slowing it down. I reinstalled and only have flatbar style and minminguard installed and running great.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: madmaverickmatt

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
Ok so sort of better. The phone is working a little better yes, but the game I'm trying to play (dark days) still crashes even with only xposed (no modules) installed. I can't see a reason why it should though.

My phone is sluggish for about 5 minutes or so after I reboot. Plus I still get that "Android is optimizing 1 of 1" everytime I reboot as well... Xposed seems to not be worth the trouble...

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009
Idk why you guus are having trouble with xposed I had it installed both times old note 7 and new note 7 and never had any issues
Did you experience the once a reboot optimising apps message?

I'm not sure either. I can't pin it down to any one thing, but with xposed installed I experience a noticeable lag.

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
Did you experience the once a reboot optimising apps message?

I'm not sure either. I can't pin it down to any one thing, but with xposed installed I experience a noticeable lag.

Ive tried looking in my logs and its not optimising anything for me. It just shows the darn screen every reboot. Ive backed up my phone and went throught the root process again to see if that would help the lag from xposed or the optimizing issue, but they both persist. Im just avoiding xposed for now. Its not worth the issue im having to just mod my screen a little...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here it is: Xposed for the new @OvrDriVE root method. I have not tested method on VZW as i do not have their phone, but this still should being this is a Samsung Note 7.

As with any custom rom's, root, add-on's, you assume all risks with modding your phone. You have been warned.

Make sure you read all of my directions below, before you start posting errors with the install. Worst case you just have to start over with @OvrDriVE s installation.

Here is the way you can install xposed on your phone after you have root. I in no way have made any files or apks, I am just posting ways you get this loaded on your phone.

Please Thank the devolopers and others that have made all these files and apks possible..

The way is to install Xposed framework via FlashFire:

1. Download FlashFire, You can get it from the app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.flash&hl=en

2. Download the Xposed Installer Apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58828974&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=3764362361329836

3. Download the Xposed Framework zip. <<< this is the file that you will be flashing via FlashFire: Xposed Framework.zip

4. Once you have all the files downloaded onto you computer/phone: you are ready to start. If you have'nt all ready copied all the files to your phone storage, do so now. If you did then you can move on to the #5.

5. Open FlashFire on your phone. Once it is loaded and open, click on circle with + button on the bottom right of the screen.
    Then Click on Flash ZIP or OTA button.
    Now select the xposed framework zip that you downloaded from #3.
    Next you click the check mark on the top right of
    the screen( do not change any of boxes on the left of the screen.<<< You Have Been Warned!!!!! .
    Next scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the left button (flash button w the lighting bolt)
    Sit back and watch FlashFire do its magic..

6. After #5 completes, you can now install the xposed installer apk from #2. Once installed open and check framework in the app and you should have this : Xposed framework version 86.1 (custom build by wanam / 2016709 is active.

7. Now go to Download in the xposed installer and download: Wanam Xposed 1.3.0 Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam or you can download xTouchwiz by Wanam..

8. Once you downloaded it, install it, and then in the Xposed installer app- modules- you select the the app in #7 by placing a checkmark in the box on the right to activiate the modules.

9. Reboot your phone to activate the module.

10. Enjoy your efforts and customizing your phone:

If you some reason you want to uninstall xposed : flash this:xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip
    Confirmed working on my VZW Note 7 running PH1 firmware, rooted using @OvrDriVE's method.

Edit: for clarification, I used the second method (flashfire) to do this, and it worked like a charm.

Side note, you won't find Wanam Xposed 1.3.0 Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam on xposed, it doesn't exist. Don't use Wanam Xposed either, it's been discontinued in favor of xTouchWiz. I've tested it myself and it works great, it's made by the same developer.

MOD EDIT: Large post quote put in hide tags.
    Please don't quote large posts like this as it makes the thread difficult to read for other users.
    Ok here it is: Xposed for the new @OvrDriVE root method. I have not tested method on VZW as i do not have their phone, but this still should being this is a Samsung Note 7.

As with any custom rom's, root, add-on's, you assume all risks with modding your phone. You have been warned.

Make sure you read all of my directions below, before you start posting errors with the install. Worst case you just have to start over with @OvrDriVE s installation.

Here is 2 different ways you can install xposed on your phone after you have root. I in no way have made any files or apks, I am just posting ways you get this loaded on your phone.

Please Thank the devolopers and others that have made all these files and apks possible..

A. The first way is to use ADB to push the framework to your phone, Here is a link to the post with direction:
    ADB Xposed installer

B: The second way is to install Xposed framework via FlashFire:

1. Download FlashFire, You can get it from the app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.flash&hl=en

2. Download the Xposed Installer Apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58828974&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=3764362361329836

3. Download the Xposed Framework zip. <<< this is the file that you will be flashing via FlashFire: Xposed Framework.zip

4. Once you have all the files downloaded onto you computer/phone: you are ready to start. If you have'nt all ready copied all the files to your phone storage, do so now. If you did then you can move on to the #5.

5. Open FlashFire on your phone. Once it is loaded and open, click on circle with + button on the bottom right of the screen.
    Then Click on Flash ZIP or OTA button.
    Now select the xposed framework zip that you downloaded from #3.
    Next you click the check mark on the top right of
    the screen( do not change any of boxes on the left of the screen.<<< You Have Been Warned!!!!! .
    Next scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the left button (flash button w the lighting bolt)
    Sit back and watch FlashFire do its magic..

6. After #5 completes, you can now install the xposed installer apk from #2. Once installed open and check framework in the app and you should have this : Xposed framework version 86.1 (custom build by wanam / 2016709 is active.

7. Now go to Download in the xposed installer and download: Wanam Xposed 1.3.0
    Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam

8. Once you downloaded it, install it, and then in the Xposed installer app- modules- you select the the app in #7 by placing a checkmark in the box on the right to activiate the modules.

9. Reboot your phone to activate the module.

10. Enjoy your efforts and customizing your phone:

If you some reason you want to uninstall xposed : flash this:xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip
    Awesome module I discovered while trying to figure out how to get rid of the ugly roaming triangle this root puts on the signal bars. It's called Flat Style Bar Indicators, some free stuff and a very nominal cost for full version. I also see that the root took away the carrier name, which can be added back with this module. You can change any aspect of the status bar, it's very cool. I made my signal bars look like an iPhone, much easier and clearer to read.

Okay, I was skeptical at first, but realized I need to fly soon and wanted to stimulate the green battery icon in case security thinks this is a recalled Note 7. There's been so much press about the green icon meaning the phone is safe that *not* seeing one may have folks thinking it's not...

Results with this module exceeded my expectations. And no more voLTE...

Edit: Turns out this didn't permanently resolve the issue where VoLTE appears. It comes back and will linger until reboot. We'll need a real fix, either by a flashable zip or need/updated Xposed module.

Thanks in advance all.

Xposed slowed me down as well, although I suspect that it's wanam modules slowing it down. I reinstalled and only have flatbar style and minminguard installed and running great.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk