• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Xposed for the Note 7 after rooting with OvrDriVE's method

Search This thread

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Mines Mine's been running great with mo slowdowns. I did install root cloak and noticed lagging which uninstalling fixed
I still get the 1 of 1 optimizing on boot up but it doesn't bother me as I reboot only occasionally and I just make believe it's part of the boot up animation.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
Mines Mine's been running great with mo slowdowns. I did install root cloak and noticed lagging which uninstalling fixed
I still get the 1 of 1 optimizing on boot up but it doesn't bother me as I reboot only occasionally and I just make believe it's part of the boot up animation.

Yea Ive wiped my phone and have re rooted about 5 or 6 times now and everytime I install xposed, I get the 1 of 1 optimizing as well, it doesnt go away, but the lagging stopped for me after the 2nd redo

brettdacosta

Feb 10, 2011
I have ph1 Verizon rooted, and after installing the framework/wanam zip via flashfire, my phone got really laggy and sluggish. Any thoughts?

I guess the only real reason i wanted to install was to gain tethering privileges, but if there's another way, I'd love to check it out.

Any thoughts?

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
Only that most of us didn't which isn't much help. I would suggest that using the full wanam is a crapshoot, I stuck with his later gimped version because that was clearly not updated for marshmallow

Sent from my iPad using a walled garden.

garyinskeep1

Jan 8, 2017
Hi I am not spamming I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I have a note 7 I am trying to install exposed. I have used your root version with sprint user debug firmware I have installed ever step above and got to where it displays in green letters that it is active. Below that it says it is not compatible with touch wiz. I do not know where to go from here. I do not know where to install step 7. Please help

pop1212

Jun 22, 2013
Next steps

Hi I am not spamming I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I have a note 7 I am trying to install exposed. I have used your root version with sprint user debug firmware I have installed ever step above and got to where it displays in green letters that it is active. Below that it says it is not compatible with touch wiz. I do not know where to go from here. I do not know where to install step 7. Please help

Hi garyinskeep1,
I think that warning is a cya statement. I have had it on all three notes I have and no problems at all. Tick the three dashes in the upper left corner, select download. This will bring up all the modules you can choose from. All the wanam modules say discontinued, XTouchwiz is still available. This gave me the updating 1 of 1 three or four times and then stopped. Just in case, make a fresh nandroid backup before you activate any modules.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here it is: Xposed for the new @OvrDriVE root method. I have not tested method on VZW as i do not have their phone, but this still should being this is a Samsung Note 7.

As with any custom rom's, root, add-on's, you assume all risks with modding your phone. You have been warned.

Make sure you read all of my directions below, before you start posting errors with the install. Worst case you just have to start over with @OvrDriVE s installation.

Here is the way you can install xposed on your phone after you have root. I in no way have made any files or apks, I am just posting ways you get this loaded on your phone.

Please Thank the devolopers and others that have made all these files and apks possible..

The way is to install Xposed framework via FlashFire:

1. Download FlashFire, You can get it from the app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.flash&hl=en

2. Download the Xposed Installer Apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58828974&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=3764362361329836

3. Download the Xposed Framework zip. <<< this is the file that you will be flashing via FlashFire: Xposed Framework.zip

4. Once you have all the files downloaded onto you computer/phone: you are ready to start. If you have'nt all ready copied all the files to your phone storage, do so now. If you did then you can move on to the #5.

5. Open FlashFire on your phone. Once it is loaded and open, click on circle with + button on the bottom right of the screen.
    Then Click on Flash ZIP or OTA button.
    Now select the xposed framework zip that you downloaded from #3.
    Next you click the check mark on the top right of
    the screen( do not change any of boxes on the left of the screen.<<< You Have Been Warned!!!!! .
    Next scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the left button (flash button w the lighting bolt)
    Sit back and watch FlashFire do its magic..

6. After #5 completes, you can now install the xposed installer apk from #2. Once installed open and check framework in the app and you should have this : Xposed framework version 86.1 (custom build by wanam / 2016709 is active.

7. Now go to Download in the xposed installer and download: Wanam Xposed 1.3.0 Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam or you can download xTouchwiz by Wanam..

8. Once you downloaded it, install it, and then in the Xposed installer app- modules- you select the the app in #7 by placing a checkmark in the box on the right to activiate the modules.

9. Reboot your phone to activate the module.

10. Enjoy your efforts and customizing your phone:

If you some reason you want to uninstall xposed : flash this:xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip
    Confirmed working on my VZW Note 7 running PH1 firmware, rooted using @OvrDriVE's method.

Edit: for clarification, I used the second method (flashfire) to do this, and it worked like a charm.

Side note, you won't find Wanam Xposed 1.3.0 Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam on xposed, it doesn't exist. Don't use Wanam Xposed either, it's been discontinued in favor of xTouchWiz. I've tested it myself and it works great, it's made by the same developer.

MOD EDIT: Large post quote put in hide tags.
    Please don't quote large posts like this as it makes the thread difficult to read for other users.
    Ok here it is: Xposed for the new @OvrDriVE root method. I have not tested method on VZW as i do not have their phone, but this still should being this is a Samsung Note 7.

As with any custom rom's, root, add-on's, you assume all risks with modding your phone. You have been warned.

Make sure you read all of my directions below, before you start posting errors with the install. Worst case you just have to start over with @OvrDriVE s installation.

Here is 2 different ways you can install xposed on your phone after you have root. I in no way have made any files or apks, I am just posting ways you get this loaded on your phone.

Please Thank the devolopers and others that have made all these files and apks possible..

A. The first way is to use ADB to push the framework to your phone, Here is a link to the post with direction:
    ADB Xposed installer

B: The second way is to install Xposed framework via FlashFire:

1. Download FlashFire, You can get it from the app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.flash&hl=en

2. Download the Xposed Installer Apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58828974&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=3764362361329836

3. Download the Xposed Framework zip. <<< this is the file that you will be flashing via FlashFire: Xposed Framework.zip

4. Once you have all the files downloaded onto you computer/phone: you are ready to start. If you have'nt all ready copied all the files to your phone storage, do so now. If you did then you can move on to the #5.

5. Open FlashFire on your phone. Once it is loaded and open, click on circle with + button on the bottom right of the screen.
    Then Click on Flash ZIP or OTA button.
    Now select the xposed framework zip that you downloaded from #3.
    Next you click the check mark on the top right of
    the screen( do not change any of boxes on the left of the screen.<<< You Have Been Warned!!!!! .
    Next scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the left button (flash button w the lighting bolt)
    Sit back and watch FlashFire do its magic..

6. After #5 completes, you can now install the xposed installer apk from #2. Once installed open and check framework in the app and you should have this : Xposed framework version 86.1 (custom build by wanam / 2016709 is active.

7. Now go to Download in the xposed installer and download: Wanam Xposed 1.3.0
    Made for Samsung Android 5 and 6 Roms by Wanam

8. Once you downloaded it, install it, and then in the Xposed installer app- modules- you select the the app in #7 by placing a checkmark in the box on the right to activiate the modules.

9. Reboot your phone to activate the module.

10. Enjoy your efforts and customizing your phone:

If you some reason you want to uninstall xposed : flash this:xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip
    Awesome module I discovered while trying to figure out how to get rid of the ugly roaming triangle this root puts on the signal bars. It's called Flat Style Bar Indicators, some free stuff and a very nominal cost for full version. I also see that the root took away the carrier name, which can be added back with this module. You can change any aspect of the status bar, it's very cool. I made my signal bars look like an iPhone, much easier and clearer to read.
    Awesome module I discovered while trying to figure out how to get rid of the ugly roaming triangle this root puts on the signal bars. It's called Flat Style Bar Indicators, some free stuff and a very nominal cost for full version. I also see that the root took away the carrier name, which can be added back with this module. You can change any aspect of the status bar, it's very cool. I made my signal bars look like an iPhone, much easier and clearer to read.

Okay, I was skeptical at first, but realized I need to fly soon and wanted to stimulate the green battery icon in case security thinks this is a recalled Note 7. There's been so much press about the green icon meaning the phone is safe that *not* seeing one may have folks thinking it's not...

Results with this module exceeded my expectations. And no more voLTE...

Edit: Turns out this didn't permanently resolve the issue where VoLTE appears. It comes back and will linger until reboot. We'll need a real fix, either by a flashable zip or need/updated Xposed module.
    Hey guys. Did anyone else notice the phone get slower when you installed xposed?

I only put in the modules discussed in the forum but my phone was slowing way down and some vr games stopped working entirely. I returned to a pre xposed backup and now Im back up to full speed. I wonder if maybe it was a battery saving feature or something.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I would love to narrow it down so that I can reinstall and use exposed again.

I may try to reinstall and test myself again later. I just don't have time now and I was wondering about everyone else's experience.

Thanks in advance all.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Xposed slowed me down as well, although I suspect that it's wanam modules slowing it down. I reinstalled and only have flatbar style and minminguard installed and running great.