Xposed Framework for Android N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MrWasdennnoch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2015
wasdennnoch.me
Why would it? It's designed for roms that lack n features not n itself. It doesn't even make sense to install lol.
Also I see alot of people complaining about gravity box not working, I wonder where they got gravity box for N...
You seem to have missed something :p
Because I know for sure it doesn't work anywhere but on L and M.

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
You seem to have missed something :p
Because I know for sure it doesn't work anywhere but on L and M.
Yeah I know, I'm just pointing out they are complaining a non existent module is not working, so I'm guessing they are just using a module from an old version of android and complaining that it doesn't work

Reactions: R1skNt

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Regarding GravityBox. It won't work as it has a safety fuse which does not allow it to run on SDK it was not designed for to save people from trouble.
Code:
        if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT != 23) {
            XposedBridge.log("!!! GravityBox you are running is not designed for "
                    + "Android SDK " + Build.VERSION.SDK_INT + " !!!");
            return;
        }
Migration to N will start as soon as there is Xposed Framework which is ready enough for module development. Current unofficial builds that started to appear all over the forums are unfortunately not ready, especially for the complex modules.

MusikMonk

Aug 6, 2008
Paris
rovo89 didn't want to release half working code to avoid this exact kind of situation.
Both of the Nougat versions are not stable and the repackagers* that released them are not going to be able to fix them.

* Yes I'm calling them repackagers and not developers because they basically took the heavily experimental work of abforce and made it flashable, knowing that it isn't even supposed to be used like that.

And here's rovo89's opinion on the matter if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

MrWasdennnoch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2015
wasdennnoch.me
TL;DR of Rovo's answer:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170720-111625.png
    Screenshot_20170720-111625.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,414

theandroidguy

Aug 20, 2016
Kolkata
Regarding GravityBox. It won't work as it has a safety fuse which does not allow it to run on SDK it was not designed for to save people from trouble.

Migration to N will start as soon as there is Xposed Framework which is ready enough for module development. Current unofficial builds that started to appear all over the forums are unfortunately not ready, especially for the complex modules.
Can u plz tell me the way to remove this safety fuse, want to take risk on my own responsibility

Sent from my Htc Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Labs

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Can u plz tell me the way to remove this safety fuse, want to take risk on my own responsibility
The whole and official sources of the project are available at github
thus anyone can fork it and make its very own version. But please note I wouldn't be happy about unofficial builds for N starting to pop up in public forums, just like rovo89 is not happy about the framework that works partially and is source of many troubles for everyone.

theandroidguy

Aug 20, 2016
Kolkata
The whole and official sources of the project are available at github
thus anyone can fork it and make its very own version. But please note I wouldn't be happy about unofficial builds for N starting to pop up in public forums, just like rovo89 is not happy about the framework that works partially and is source of many troubles for everyone.
I'm not a developer so just cant build it from github source, I thought editing some smali will do the work and somehow even if I'm successful in removing the fuse I'm not going to upload it without your permission, thankyou

mazenetic

Apr 11, 2016
rovo89 didn't want to release half working code to avoid this exact kind of situation.
Both of the Nougat versions are not stable and the repackagers* that released them are not going to be able to fix them.

* Yes I'm calling them repackagers and not developers because they basically took the heavily experimental work of abforce and made it flashable, knowing that it isn't even supposed to be used like that.

And here's rovo89's opinion on the matter if anyone is interested.
Good job abforce. Leading the way and getting us the best status update from rovo89 we've seen in a long time.

This should be an encouraging sign to other interested developers. It seems rovo is ready to review and comment on your Xposed progress.

Reactions: psxda97

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Both of the Nougat versions are not stable and the repackagers* that released them are not going to be able to fix them. * Yes I'm calling them repackagers and not developers because they basically took the heavily experimental work of abforce and made it flashable, knowing that it isn't even supposed to be used like that. https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/230#issuecomment-316623920". And here's rovo89's opinion on the matter if anyone is interested.[/URL]
TL;DR of Rovo's answer:
This is a very nice thing for providing us with the information/feedback regarding those unstable releases.

Purely as a matter of my, personal, opinion... I would have liked to see @rovo89 do a quick Status Update addressing this but, getting the information itself from member(s) with first hand information from him is better than not getting it at all.

I'm not complaining at all... Just providing my, personal, opinion and appreciation for those who are filling us in on this.

I'm wondering if anyone thought about the fact that, after a stable version has been released, how many individuals would be quick to assume that it was broken because one or more of their favorite XPosed Modules wasn't working at all.

I believe that there's too many XPosed Module Developers that should be outlining a fact that their modules are not N+ compatible and, even after Rovo89 has released the stable Framework for them, the users of their modules should wait till they have stabilized their Modules for the N+.

I hope i explained this okay via text... :)

<MY DEVELOPMENTS>
[APP][TOOL][4.2+]The SELinux Toggler
[ZIP][TOOL][AIO]BusyBox Stericson Binary Installer v1.26.2 {BB/TB Auto-Symlink}
<IN DEVELOPMENT>
[APP][TOOL][4.2+][OFFICIAL]The SELinux Switch
Will Supersede "The SELinux Toggler"

<IDEAS FOR DEVELOPMENT>
[APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Forum {Classic}
[APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Reader {Classic}

Last edited:
Reactions: R1skNt and depii

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
I'm not a developer so just cant build it from github source, I thought editing some smali will do the work and somehow even if I'm successful in removing the fuse I'm not going to upload it without your permission, thankyou

I removed the fuse myself. It still doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The source code of Android N isn't released yet, so I can't work on Xposed support for it yet.
    There's not much to say at the moment - I haven't started looking into Nougat support yet, expect for syncing the source code to the build server.
    I didn't have that much time for Xposed in the past weeks/month, due to vacation, sickness, private stress and for many other reasons.

The time I had was spent mostly on the server move a while ago and on preparing a new version of Xposed Installer, which would be the prerequisite for the official systemless Xposed. I'm still working on that, and it's much more effort than I had thought due to all those little and bigger things that I want to change/improve. I was wondering whether I should pause these efforts and look into Nougat instead, but two huge projects in parallel are just too much when you have only a few hours per week. Besides that, Nougat usage seems to be still pretty low.

That means: I'm working hard on finishing the work on the installer. Once that is done, I'll either try to get systemless support out (as that was the reason to get started with the installer) or start with Nougat. Not sure yet. Maybe a combination of both, as I'm not sure whether stock ROMs will still run with modified /system at all.
    Is there a time of the year where ETAs are acceptable? I keep reading that it's rude.

Yeah, you are allowed to ask for an ETA between February 30th and February 31st ;) But only on those two days.
    Now we are at the time of the year were we are supposed to ask that one infamous question. When will be Xposed Framework for Android N be released? I know it's really too early to ask but still want to throw in the question just to be sure. :)
    Thread cleaned
    If you are here to make a worthless post like "Xposed is dead" hit the power off button instead of "Send"
    This site is to discuss development not to cry when you can't have something fast enough
    If you are not working on bringing Xposed to N or above, or have good alternatives, leave this thread!
    Posts will be deleted going forward without notice
    Repeat offenders will have actions taken upon their account
    Do what this site was created for...LEARN how to do things for yourself!
    The good people in this thread, please do not respond to troll posts but report them so they can be removed
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone