Xposed Framework v82-Huawei for EMUI 3.1/4.0

enskje

Jan 13, 2012
can't boot into phone after putting deodexed apps to /system folder on my P8 Lite... or maybe P8 Lite is not arm64?

Tabithalos

Feb 26, 2016
nope. I just watched at Huawei booting logo for 40 mins... or I should wait more? This movie is getting boring... :D
Hm, first time I got stuck on the boot logo for an hour or so myself. Then I restored system since I assumed it went into a bootloop.
The 2nd time it just showed the Huawei booting logo and went to a black screen, funny.

enskje

Jan 13, 2012
Hm, first time I got stuck on the boot logo for an hour or so myself. Then I restored system since I assumed it went into a bootloop.
The 2nd time it just showed the Huawei booting logo and went to a black screen, funny.
tomorrow i'll try to wait a lil bit more.. now restored backup. need phone at work. :)

hackslash

Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
An update from me: This doesn't seem to work on Honor 7, you get to the logo and run into a black screen.

@Tabithalos Alright... So you mentioned you got to the logo and then ran into a black screen. So I assume it didn't bootloop and device is functioning but no display.
This could be most probably due to Lockscreen or Launcher not working after deodexing. Try restoring the backup, disable Huawei Keyguard and Launcher (install a secondary launcher before you do that) and re-initiate the whole process as mentioned in OP.
I have tested this method on my other device which is Honor 4C and it has an ARM-64 SoC. It worked flawlessly!

Reactions: Tabithalos

Tabithalos

Feb 26, 2016
@Tabithalos Alright... So you mentioned you got to the logo and then ran into a black screen. So I assume it didn't bootloop and device is functioning but no display.
This could be most probably due to Lockscreen or Launcher not working after deodexing. Try restoring the backup, disable Huawei Keyguard and Launcher (install a secondary launcher before you do that) and re-initiate the whole process as mentioned in OP.
I have tested this method on my other device which is Honor 4C and it has an ARM-64 SoC. It worked flawlessly!
Will attempt it when I get home from work later today.

tomlemange

Jul 15, 2014
I'm trying this on my mate 2, 5.1.1. It seems to break google play store once I copy the deodex'd apps back to the system folder. Any suggestions?

hackslash

Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
I'm trying this on my mate 2, 5.1.1. It seems to break google play store once I copy the deodex'd apps back to the system folder. Any suggestions?
Try deleting Google Play Store cache and data.
Also see updated OP. Restore your TWRP backup and redo the steps as mentioned in the OP (I have added new steps and deleted some).

aldesal

Mar 8, 2016
If you ever want to update, restore the System Backup (this will disable Xposed Framework). Take the update through Forced Upgrade method (obviously if you're not rooted) and again deodex. So yeah! you won't be able to take updates the easy way.

Understood, thanks mate. I might try this later at night as it seems i need to lay the phone down for a very long while. Hoping everything goes ok lol

hackslash

Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
thanks for tutorial :) i have deodex successfully 6.0 ROM on Honor7 but unfortunately Bluetooth dosn't work ;/
It doesn't work. I confirm it. See the OP. Unfortunately on Android 6.0 and on an ARM 64 SoC Bluetooth and Wireless Display doesn't work. But on Android 5.0-5.1.1 both of these features work. Sorry, I have no idea why it happens. I own a Honor 4C which has ARM 64 SoC. I downgraded mine to Lollipop and Bluetooth does works.

erkkiboy83

Nov 1, 2010
i had no issues in android m(H60-L04 EU) with using xposed v.1.74(i think it was experimental)...anyway, good guide for those willing to go through the trouble, an easier fix would be nicer, but seems to be working ok:) so thanks:)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone