- Nov 23, 2012
KMod FWA v2.8.4
Project without development at the moment. Maybe later it will resume.
Thank you for all these years of support.
- Use KMod FWA at your own risk.
- Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA are responsible for their own actions.
- Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA agree not to use for illegal actions.
- This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.
- Independent customization of each section of the application.
- You can change color backgrounds, fonts and icons.
- New icons and ticks in differents sections.
- Customization different images of the application.
- Hiding unwanted elements or of little use.
- Direct access to module from within the application.
- Privacy options.
- Android 4.0.3(Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Android 4.1 to 4.3.1(Jelly Bean).
- Android 4.4(KitKat).
- Android 5.0(Lollipop).
- Android 6.0(Mashmallow).
- Android 7.0(Nougat).
- Android 8.0(Oreo).
- Android 9.0(Pie).
- Android 10.0.
- Android 11.0+ (Its behavior is somewhat unstable due to some obsolete methods in Android 11).
- Device with custom recovery.
- Android 4.0.3 or higher.
- Xposed Framework or Magisk manager(with Magisk installed).
- EdXposed Manager(in case of installing Magisk).
- Installed in Magisk the modules Riru core and Riru - EdXposed preferably YAFHA (in case of installing Magisk).
- Latest version of KMod FWA.
- WhatsApp version compatible with KMod FWA (see version list).
- Install Xposed or Magisk, and configure Magisk with its modules.
- Download the module KMod FWA and install.
- Activate it in Modules section of Xposed or EdXposed Manager, and reboot device (Normal restart, not quick).
- Open KMod FWA and accept root permissions.
- In Android 6.0 or higher, accept the storage and access permissions to the phone's book, or activate it from the application manager of your device.
- Make all the changes you want in Customization section.
- To see the changes made, click on the refresh icon
- To save a theme, go to the Backup section, or click the save icon
- To load a Theme, go to the Backup section, select the Theme you want to upload, and wait the message that the Theme has been loaded.
- Go to the Updates section, and Update the libraries. To check the latest available libraries, go to:
- If you are using EdXposed it is recommended to enable SE Linux in settings.
EdXposed Manager configuration:
In the Settings section, go to the Framework section and mark as active:
- Enable resource hooks.
- Use SandHook variant backend.
- Version 2.8.4 (Stable version): Xposed Repository
- The customization is not applied correctly in the Settings section.
- The circle of FAB button on the main screen doesn't apply color customization.
The Riru module v22+ from Magisk, doesn't detect Xposed correctly, therefore it's recommended to use version 21.3 so that everything continues to work correctly.
As I communicated a long time ago, now the Hooks update system (now called libraries) will not continue to update automatically. Updates will now be made on each version independently, and there will be no updates for all versions.
To update the libraries, you must enter the Updates section and click on the Update libraries option. At the moment, there will only be libraries for stable versions and beta versions published on weekends, however, in the link published below, I will publish all available versions of libraries in each version of KMod FWA.
List of available libraries: https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries
Place their themes on your SD card or internal memory, in the /KMod/Themes route. Make sure the directory exists before placing, if doesn't exist, open the module for create directories.
Download from the index of themes
KMod FWA, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Xposed Package Name:
Current Stable Version: 2.8.3
Stable Release Date: 2021-02-09