[Xposed][MOD][4.0+][16-04-2021] KMod FWA v2.8.4 - WhatsApp privacy & customization

Search This thread

Vorion

Mar 16, 2014
Coimbatore
Thanks for the info. Could you also try to provide me with a log of when it crashes?

Note: By the way, is KMod working for you on that version of Magisk and that version of the Riru module? It shouldn't work :oops:
Shall I send the log to you on direct message?

I think it's not an issue with KMod or Whatsapp accessing "Gallery". After a close examination, I started to believe that it's something to do with External Storage access. Not Gallery app. I might be wrong.

After some digging I found that Android 10 has changed some restriction.
Does changing requestLegacyExternalStorage value on KMod manifest file mean anything?

Sorry, my bad. It isn't 23.9 Rirucore. Riru Core is 21.3. It showed on available Updates. I mistook it for the installed version.

@Krowne :D

Thanks.

Last edited:

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    Shall I send the log to you on direct message?

I think it's not an issue with KMod or Whatsapp accessing "Gallery". After a close examination, I started to believe that it's something to do with External Storage access. Not Gallery app. I might be wrong.

After some digging I found that Android 10 has changed some restriction.
    Does changing requestLegacyExternalStorage value on KMod manifest file mean anything?

Sorry, my bad. It isn't 23.9 Rirucore. Riru Core is 21.3. It showed on available Updates. I mistook it for the installed version.

@Krowne :D

Thanks.
    Like I said, I am surprised that the problem is KMod FWA, because for me it has always worked. The problem could be due to what you mentioned in your comment.

And yes, send me all the records by direct message, so we have all organized the forum. ;)

Reactions: KwesiJnr

death_jax

Mar 2, 2007
    With the exact versions I said, it should work flawlessly because I'm using it right now in Oreo.

I plan to make the module from scratch, with all the latest versions of everything, but not at the moment, because I don't have time. I have other jobs going on, and I don't have time for everything. And since KMod FWA works in the version I said, and many other older modules as well, I'm in no rush to start the project again.

I don't think it is compatible with LSPosed, because I am not going to adapt the module to a multitude of framewoks that are being released and that I am not going to use. If they are compatible with Xposed, then KMod FWA will be.

They don't seem to think about how many old modules worked perfectly, and they haven't been updated for years. And that now with the strange updates to Magisk and new Frameworks, now it has to be the modules that adapt to something that has worked for so many years?
    You are right with your logical reasoning, but it is also true that:
    1) frameworks updates, and maybe the creation of new frameworks too, are like KMod (or other modules) updates: for security or new features reason!
    So, why shouldn't they update or innovate them?!
    2) following your logical reasoning, all of us should stick to the now, unfortunately, outdated original Xposed framework (incompatible now, on newer Android version), without innovation and/or other features that following new technologies...I know that you are still on Oreo, and the creation of KMod module are yours, but.... 😬

PS: obviously you have your own life and it's difficult and/or you need time to interely rewrite, or update, the code; I understand this 😉

Last edited:

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    You are right with your logical reasoning, but it is also true that:
    1) frameworks updates, and maybe the creation of new frameworks too, are like KMod (or other modules) updates: for security or new features reason!
    So, why shouldn't they update or innovate them?!
    2) following your logical reasoning, all of us should stick to the now, unfortunately, outdated original Xposed framework (incompatible now, on newer Android version), without innovation and/or other features that following new technologies...I know that you are still on Oreo, and the creation of KMod module are yours, but.... 😬

PS: obviously you have your own life and it's difficult and/or you need time to interely rewrite, or update, the code; I understand this 😉
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against updates, as you say they fix bugs or contain improvements. But since they do, what minimum to maintain the essence on which they have been working for years? At least on the Android versions that have been working so far. If Android 10 or 11 needs updating, as it doesn't work, then make the changes only for those versions, not for all the versions that have been working so far.

Regarding the module update, as I said, I need time, and lately I have nothing. Surely in summer I will have a little more, but I'm not sure yet.

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    Due to the latest WhatsApp changes, and my lack of time to fix them, the 2.21.7.9 libraries will be the last published for the moment. This will only influence privacy options and certain aesthetics. Otherwise, everything will continue to work the same.

If I have some time the next few days I will try to fix them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

RHPJS

Aug 30, 2016
    Updated WhatsApp and libraries to 2.21.7.10. Only thing missing seems to be indeed the privacy options. I am sure you will figure something out when you can find the time. I don't often respond in this topic, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all the work you put into this.

Reactions: Krowne

zigbye82

Nov 21, 2013
    i upgraded to android q and kmod stopped working for me. kept saying to enable xposed and reboot but it was already enabled. i got it working by switching on enable resource hook in edxposed settings. everything seems to be working fine.

Reactions: Krowne

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    Version 2.8.4 (16-04-2021 - From WhatsApp 2.21.4.1):
    7cutsdM.png
    Updated Gradle and some deprecated methods.​
    7cutsdM.png
    Compatibility check of the latest versions of Magisk, Riru core and Yahfa modules.​
    TLaiDez.png
    Fixed other bugs.​

Download:

Repository Xposed

MD5: c23ff8daab1b23921a87ae5088b83931

Xposed Repository:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/kmod.xposed

ATTENTION!

It's currently working with the latest versions of Magisk, Riru Core and YAHFA. The current configuration is in the following screenshots.

Note:

Due to the changes made to apply the dark theme, for the moment some sections will not be displayed correctly, as well as the headings of some sections or the affected icons of whether the night mode is active.

Remember that with each WhatsApp update you must update your libraries. You can check the list of libraries for each version at the following link.

List of available libraries:
    https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Attachments

• settings.jpg
      settings.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 100
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      259.7 KB · Views: 100
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      257.7 KB · Views: 100
    Last edited:

baibai21

Apr 11, 2015
    7cutsdM.png
    7cutsdM.png
    Compatibility check of the latest versions of Magisk, Riru core and Yahfa modules.​
    TLaiDez.png
    Fixed other bugs.​

Download:

Repository Xposed

MD5: 8b8cc79cdc2b9d2f5df7ba1f6c9b548f

Xposed Repository:

ATTENTION!

It's currently working with the latest versions of Magisk, Riru Core and YAHFA. The current configuration is in the following screenshots.

Note:

Due to the changes made to apply the dark theme, for the moment some sections will not be displayed correctly, as well as the headings of some sections or the affected icons of whether the night mode is active.

Remember that with each WhatsApp update you must update your libraries. You can check the list of libraries for each version at the following link.

Hi krowne, Already tried the latest version, using the latest magisk, riru core, YAHFA, and follow the instructions, Every time I open kmod, it always end up in reboots, currently on cusrom MIUI 12, android 10, already tried disable any other modules, clear data, etc

Try to revert to the previous version of kmod but the module didn't active, even though i reboot, turn on & off kmod module still didn't make it work, do i need to go back using the previous version of magisk and xposed to make it work again?

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    Hi krowne, Already tried the latest version, using the latest magisk, riru core, YAHFA, and follow the instructions, Every time I open kmod, it always end up in reboots, currently on cusrom MIUI 12, android 10, already tried disable any other modules, clear data, etc

Try to revert to the previous version of kmod but the module didn't active, even though i reboot, turn on & off kmod module still didn't make it work, do i need to go back using the previous version of magisk and xposed to make it work again?
    In theory, using the configuration of the screenshots, it would be enough for KMod to work with the configuration you had.

Anyway, every time you log in you have a reboot? I need you to contact me privately because it is detecting that you are using a pirated version and that is not normal.

Apr 17, 2021
    In theory, using the configuration of the screenshots, it would be enough for KMod to work with the configuration you had.

Anyway, every time you log in you have a reboot? I need you to contact me privately because it is detecting that you are using a pirated version and that is not normal.
    I have similar issues with my xiaomeme phone. can you clarify what you meant about pirated version?

Ajeem Ahmad

Aug 17, 2020
    My phone(Tablet) soft reboot just after the logo in Kmod fwa V2.8.4.
    I have latest version of riru and edxposed, same as you have posted in the Attachment images.
    soft-reboot never happened in Kmod V2.8.3 or older.
    Whatsapp version is 2.21.6.17

i have attached Logcat and Edxposed Verbosed Logs, soft-reboot happend at around 11:06

Attachments

• EdXposed_Verbose_20210417_111314.txt
      1.7 MB · Views: 1
    • logcat.zip
      79.7 KB · Views: 1

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    Those of you who are experiencing reboots, I need to know the version of Android, Magisk, EdXposed Manager, and modules Magisk. Also if you have done a clean installation, or you have installed on top of the previous version.

Please send me the information or in a private message.

Ajeem Ahmad

Aug 17, 2020
    Those of you who are experiencing reboots, I need to know the version of Android, Magisk, EdXposed Manager, and modules Magisk. Also if you have done a clean installation, or you have installed on top of the previous version.

Please send me the information or in a private message.
    Rom :- Lineage 16
    Android :- 9
    Magisk :- 22.0
    Edxposed Manager :- 4.6.2
    Edxposed module :- v0.5.2.2_4683

i have done both, first installed on top of the previous version and clean installation too.

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
    For some reason I get the msg that I need to upgrade whatsapp to 2.21.4.1 or higher, but I did had the right version and also higher versions give the same result?

Galaxy Note 10+
    Dr.Ketan ROM (Android 11)
    Magisk 22.0
    Magisk manager 22.1
    Riru v25.4.2.r415
    Riru EdXposed v0.5.1.4_4655-master (YAHFA)

1618679777062.png

Krowne

• Nov 23, 2012
    For some reason I get the msg that I need to upgrade whatsapp to 2.21.4.1 or higher, but I did had the right version and also higher versions give the same result?

Galaxy Note 10+
    Dr.Ketan ROM (Android 11)
    Magisk 22.0
    Magisk manager 22.1
    Riru v25.4.2.r415
    Riru EdXposed v0.5.1.4_4655-master (YAHFA)

View attachment 5282087
    If you were using version 2.8.3, version 2.8.4 should work for you since this time I haven't increased the version number, and therefore I have not touched the code. Try to do a clean installation, and grant all the permissions in KMod FWA, since I'm afraid that the problem is possibly with Android 11 and the permissions, Google's have been a little "silly" with that...😕

Reactions: baibai21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      7cutsdM.png
      7cutsdM.png
      TLaiDez.png
      Fixed other bugs.​

Download:

Repository Xposed

Xposed Repository:

ATTENTION!

Note:

ATTENTION!!

Fixed
      KMod FWA v2.8.4 restart problem when opening the app, download again to fix the problem.

Thanks to @Ajeem Ahmad for helping me locate the bug ;)(y)
      Enable resource hooks in lsposed settings and select system framework and whatsapp in module section. Confimed working for me.

Well, I gave it a try, deinstalled ExXposed and install LSposed with your settings. I rebooted my phone a few times but it didn't work. Just decided to return to EdXposed but tried KMOD one more time with LSposed and suddenly it works !!:LOL:

I'm don't really like that I don't know why it suddenly works, but I'm glad to return to KMOD:D
      I use LSPosed. What configuration should I use?
      Enable resource hooks in lsposed settings and select system framework and whatsapp in module section. Confimed working for me.
      i upgraded to android q and kmod stopped working for me. kept saying to enable xposed and reboot but it was already enabled. i got it working by switching on enable resource hook in edxposed settings. everything seems to be working fine.
      KMod FWA v2.8.4

6EjA7z1.jpg

Disclaimer:
      • Use KMod FWA at your own risk.
      • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA are responsible for their own actions.
      • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA agree not to use for illegal actions.
      • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Features:
      • Independent customization of each section of the application.
      • You can change color backgrounds, fonts and icons.
      • New icons and ticks in differents sections.
      • Customization different images of the application.
      • Hiding unwanted elements or of little use.
      • Direct access to module from within the application.
      • Privacy options.

Supports:
      • Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
      • Android 4.1 to 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean).
      • Android 4.4 (KitKat).
      • Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
      • Android 6.0 (Mashmallow).
      • Android 7.0 (Nougat).
      • Android 8.0 (Oreo).
      • Android 9.0 (Pie).
      • Android 10.0.
      • Android 11.0+ (Its behavior is somewhat unstable due to some obsolete methods in Android 11).

Minimun requirements:
      Instructions:
      1. Install Xposed or Magisk, and configure Magisk with its modules.
      2. Download the module KMod FWA and install.
      3. Activate it in Modules section of Xposed or EdXposed Manager, and reboot device (Normal restart, not quick).
      4. Open KMod FWA and accept root permissions.
      5. In Android 6.0 or higher, accept the storage and access permissions to the phone's book, or activate it from the application manager of your device.
      6. Make all the changes you want in Customization section.
      7. To see the changes made, click on the refresh icon
        1GXQvWr.png
      8. To save a theme, go to the Backup section, or click the save icon
        EGT7qjc.png
      9. To load a Theme, go to the Backup section, select the Theme you want to upload, and wait the message that the Theme has been loaded.
      10. Go to the Updates section, and Update the libraries. To check the latest available libraries, go to:
      11. If you are using EdXposed it is recommended to enable SE Linux in settings.

EdXposed Manager configuration:
      In the Settings section, go to the Framework section and mark as active:
      • Enable resource hooks.
      • Use SandHook variant backend.

Downloads:

Repository:

Change Log:

Known issues:
      • The customization is not applied correctly in the Settings section.
      • The circle of FAB button on the main screen doesn't apply color customization.

ATTENTION!

The Riru module v22+ from Magisk, doesn't detect Xposed correctly, therefore it's recommended to use version 21.3 so that everything continues to work correctly.

As I communicated a long time ago, now the Hooks update system (now called libraries) will not continue to update automatically. Updates will now be made on each version independently, and there will be no updates for all versions.

To update the libraries, you must enter the Updates section and click on the Update libraries option. At the moment, there will only be libraries for stable versions and beta versions published on weekends, however, in the link published below, I will publish all available versions of libraries in each version of KMod FWA.

List of available libraries: https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Download Themes:

Place their themes on your SD card or internal memory, in the /KMod/Themes route. Make sure the directory exists before placing, if doesn't exist, open the module for create directories.

Download from the index of themes

XDA:DevDB Information

KMod FWA, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
      Krowne
      Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: 2.8.3
      Stable Release Date: 2021-02-09

Created 2016-08-03
      Last Updated 2021-02-09
      FAQ:
      Q: I installed an update, and KMod FWA is not recognized by Xposed.
      A: This is usually normal on some devices.

Disable KMod FWA from the list of Xposed modules, perform a normal restart (not quick), enable KMod FWA again in the list of Xposed modules, and do a normal restart.

Sometimes, disable and enable KMod FWA the list of Xposed modules, and do a normal restart is sufficient.

Q: Why it doesn't work in some versions of WhatsApp?
      A: This only works in official versions of WhatsApp higher than that specified in the requirements.

It may also be that your Android version doesn't have integrated customization, and that is the reason why there is no customization in WhatsApp.

Q: Installed and activated the module, why the changes do not apply to WhatsApp?
      A: Maybe you have not successfully activated the module, deactivate, activate, and then restart of device (normal restart, not by software). You may also be using a version of WhatsApp not compatible with the module.

Q: Can't download themes from the cloud?
      A: At the moment this option is not available, you can upload your themes to external and share servers.

Q: Where was it saved, or where should I save new themes to load them into KMod FWA?
      A: Used to place their themes on your SD card or internal memory, in the /KMod/Themes route. Make sure the directory exists before placing, if doesn't exist, open the module for create directories.

Q: I have changed the application icon, and no changes are applied.
      A: After changing the application icon you must restart your device. If it still doesn't change the icon, you may be using a launcher who does not support changing the application icon (such as Nova Launcher).

Q: I have updated KMod FWA and several options have stopped working.
      A: If this happens, then go to KMod FWA Settings, select Delete cache, and press Apply changes in KMod FWA.

Q: I have activated the option to see a Toast of the people who connect and disconnect, but it does not work.
      A: These notifications will only be displayed when:
      1. Log in to WhatsApp.
      2. Enter a contact's chat.
      3. You are inside WhatsApp.
      4. Do not keep the online status hidden.

When these four conditions are met, then you should see when the contacts you have entered into your chat are connected or disconnected.

If you comply with the four conditions, but leave WhatsApp, force the closure of the application or enter KMod FWA, you must repeat the four conditions to make it work again.

Q: I have problems related to privacy options.
      A: See this post for more information: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75503030&postcount=1772

Translations:

Looking for volunteers to translate the module into different languages, to publish in the next update.. Interested send me private messages.

Current languages:
      • English
      • Arab
      • Bengali
      • French
      • German
      • Spanish
      • Hindi
      • Indonesian
      • Italian
      • Dutch
      • Polish
      • Portuguese (Brazil)
      • Romanian
      • Russian
      • Turkish

Thanks to:
      @wanam for the mod: Hide the read messages (in versions prior to WhatsApp 2.18.1).
      @Surajkumar for the mod: Deactivate delivery report (in versions prior to WhatsApp 2.18.1).
      jaredrummler ColorPicker (current version).
      when your private life depends on a programmer or an app. there is no patience worth. nice to meet you KMod

I also have a private life, and as I said many times this is a hobby, and I also said many times that I'm busy lately, that until June I wasn't going to be able to update, and even saying that, I've been working on something, but in a private way.

If your private life depends on a developer or an app, I think you should look at it. (with all my respect).
      Update - KMod FWA v2.7.6

Version 2.7.6 (14-08-2019 - From WhatsApp 2.19.203):

7cutsdM.png
      Added all privacy options again.
      7cutsdM.png
      Now you can add a button on the conversations screen to make phone calls.
      7cutsdM.png
      Restructured the icons section within the Conversations section.
      7cutsdM.png
      New method to update libraries (Hooks). They are now updated by selecting the Update libraries option, in the Updates section.
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed the Clear cache option in Settings (Now use the Update libraries option).
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed the automatic update of Hooks when entering WhatsApp (It didn't work correctly on some devices).
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed swipe to respond option (it's already active by default).
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed option to activate Stickers (it's already active by default).
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed option to replace the call button of WhatsApp by telephone calls (a separate button was added).
      lYwNNSB.png
      Removed personalization of some screens of the Settings section (for now).
      TLaiDez.png
      Fixed other errors.

Download:

Repository Xposed
      Forum - XDA-Developers

MD5: 043c64c2585b5df5ee23d1062e49a96b

Xposed Repository:

ATTENTION!

As I communicated a long time ago, now the Hooks update system (now called libraries) will not continue to update automatically. Updates will now be made on each version independently, and there will be no updates for all versions.

To update the libraries, you must enter the Updates section and click on the Update libraries option. At the moment, there will only be libraries for stable versions and beta versions published on weekends, however, in the link published below, I will publish all available versions of libraries in each version of KMod FWA.

List of available libraries: https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Another point that many ask me is the compatibility with Android 9 and 10. The module works for some people who use edXposed, if you are one of the people that KMod FWA doesn't work, it's not something I can solve, it's something that Developers of edXposed should solve, for incompatibilities with your devices. Therefore, it's not that KMod FWA doesn't work because it is not compatible, it's compatible, but your device with edXposed and KMod FWA is not.

Note: The options to hide record audio and write don't work correctly in the latest beta versions.
      Lack of time

I'm aware that I'm not updating the libraries, but there are some errors, and I don't have time lately to update.

The project is not abandoned, but if stopped until you have some time (Maybe it's for a few days, or maybe for weeks).

I apologize to everyone for it.

I wish the days were of 34 hours... :(
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone