Force Firefox (including Beta, Aurora and Fennec) and Tor to start in tablet mode on phones and phone mode on tablets.
The same can be accomplished by changing the display size which has the caveat of affecting the entire phone/tablet.
To disable/enable tabs enable Disable Tablet Mode
or Disable Phone Mode
This is for people who just want to use one or more of the other features without changing the interface.
Some pages might show their desktop version on a tablet, to get around this enable Report Mobile User Agent
or disable Report Tablet User Agent
respectively. Disabling phone/tablet mode will disable this feature.
Request Desktop Site
to explicitly request the desktop version by default.
Start in Private Mode
will start Firefox with a private tab.
Enable Full Actionbar
to get the full action bar (w/ back/forward & reload button depending on mode)
Note that this can make the address bar illegible
and even cause Firefox to crash when rotating the phone or closing tabs if there isn't enough space to draw everything (inflation exception)
, thus Experimental.
Set Screen Density
to change the DPI of Firefox, lower this to improve usability of the Full Actionbar on small screen.
Set to 0 or nothing to restore the default value.
Download either directly from the Xposed Module Repository
or through the Xposed Installer (search for Firefox Tablet)
Firefox Tablet Mode, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Xposed Package Name:
- 0.4.1 - Fix for v68
- 0.4.0 - Don't alter density if 0
- 0.3.5 - Fix density resets on activity pause/resume
- 0.3.4 - Add option to change Screen Density
- 0.3.3 - Add option to disable phone/tablet mode and Add support for Tor (Alpha)
- 0.3.2 - Version bump
- 0.3.1 - Add tablet support
- 0.3.0 - Open queued tabs in Private Mode and Stay in Private Mode if last private tab is closed, if enabled
- 0.2.2 - Open external tabs in private mode, if enabled
- 0.2.1 - Improve stability with Tablet Actionbar enabled
- 0.2.0 - Code cleanup and version bump
- 0.1.4 - Add Request Desktop Site and Start in Private Mode
- 0.1.3 - Add support for Fennec F-Droid
- 0.1.2 - Add support for Beta and Nightly (Aurora)
- 0.1.1 - Lower SDK to 15
- 0.1.0 - Initial release
Current Stable Version:
Current Beta Version:
Beta Release Date: