[XPOSED][MOD][4.0.3+] Firefox Tablet Mode

Search This thread

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
Just noticed that today after updating to v68
Fixed in 0.4.1
For some reason, 0.4.1 does not show up in Edxposed Installer for me. I had to update to it manually by getting the apk from the webpage.

@defkev I noticed if I create a shortcut for a webpage, that gets placed on the launcher, and open it, it opens in non-private mode. This is with private mode enabled in the module.

Furthermore, I also noticed any custom tabs that are opened by apps, may not be using private mode, as I can see those pages in browser history.

Thanks for developing the module.
I would appreciate if you could look into this.

NoxOn3

Jul 18, 2012
Dillstädt
On Samsungs one Ui it won't work. It gives me force closes as soon as I want to send a Emoji.
After deleting data of Exi, it doesn't force close but the Emojis are gone.
May this problem is related to the YAHFA hooking?

RemRemRemRe

Jun 28, 2019
Can you let this GREAT MODULE work on Taichi?

Why can't I use Firefox Tablet Mode in Taichi-magisk(one implementation of e-xposed)?:(
refers to : taichi.cool

How can I check whether Firefox Tablet Mode can't support Taichi or Taichi can't support Firefox Tablet Mode?:confused:

If it is possibile, can you let this GREAT MODULE:good: work on Taichi?

The Taichi dev fixed it long ago.

Last edited:

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
The module does not seem to work with Fennec 68.3.0 from F-Droid, don't know about other builds like Firefox.

This happens with a fresh install of Fennec, but updating Fennec from a prior version to 68.3.0 worked until I cleared app cache.

A fix would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Clearing app cache for this module seems to have worked. Strange.
@defkev

Last edited:

mittorn

Sep 8, 2013
Null pointer exception in search engine manager when enabling plugin even without enabling any options.
And what about source? What are you doing with browser? Are you trying to inject something instead of search engines?

christantoan

Oct 9, 2015
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Bug: Preferences are not loaded after device startup. Only after the app is opened manually.

OnePlus 7 Pro running Oxygen OS 10.0.3
Magisk 20.2
EdXposed v0.4.6.0 (4481) (YAHFA) (SEPolicyTest)

halfbytecode

Apr 11, 2012
The module does not seem to work with Fennec 68.3.0 from F-Droid, don't know about other builds like Firefox.

This happens with a fresh install of Fennec, but updating Fennec from a prior version to 68.3.0 worked until I cleared app cache.

A fix would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Clearing app cache for this module seems to have worked. Strange.
@defkev
This is happening with almost every version of Fennec since 68.3.0, even on 68.6.0.

Please fix the issue.
@defkev

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Report mobile user interface doesn't seem to do anything on latest firefox (eg amazon still opens in a desktop site type layout). All other options seem to work correctly though.

Edit: Finally discovered a way to enable the mobile user agent manually on firefox v68.9

To do so go to about:config and search for general.useragent.override

If not present in your about:config, add it manually: using the + icon in about:config and select select string option ("general.useragent.override" will be the name)

For the string value you need to use the latest mobile agent version the one i used is this "Mozilla/5.0 (Android 10; Mobile; rv:68.0) Gecko/68.0 Firefox/68.0" after this hit create and all sites will start opening their mobile version.

You can find the latest mobile user agent by using google I found it on this site https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-user-agent/firefox

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

zondac

Dec 14, 2010
After latest Firefox v79 update this module stopped working. Will there be any updates? Or does anyone know any workaround for tablet style usage for tabbed interface?

Borchuck

Jul 8, 2014
Force Firefox (including Beta, Aurora and Fennec) and Tor to start in tablet mode on phones and phone mode on tablets.

Phone:
jpPU12e.png

Tablet:
vc54Xqa.png

The same can be accomplished by changing the display size which has the caveat of affecting the entire phone/tablet.

To disable/enable tabs enable Disable Tablet Mode or Disable Phone Mode
This is for people who just want to use one or more of the other features without changing the interface.

Some pages might show their desktop version on a tablet, to get around this enable Report Mobile User Agent or disable Report Tablet User Agent respectively. Disabling phone/tablet mode will disable this feature.

Request Desktop Site to explicitly request the desktop version by default.

Start in Private Mode will start Firefox with a private tab.

Enable Full Actionbar to get the full action bar (w/ back/forward & reload button depending on mode)
Note that this can make the address bar illegible and even cause Firefox to crash when rotating the phone or closing tabs if there isn't enough space to draw everything (inflation exception), thus Experimental.

Set Screen Density to change the DPI of Firefox, lower this to improve usability of the Full Actionbar on small screen.
Set to 0 or nothing to restore the default value.

Download either directly from the Xposed Module Repository or through the Xposed Installer (search for Firefox Tablet)

Changelog:
  • 0.4.1 - Fix for v68
  • 0.4.0 - Don't alter density if 0
  • 0.3.5 - Fix density resets on activity pause/resume
  • 0.3.4 - Add option to change Screen Density
  • 0.3.3 - Add option to disable phone/tablet mode and Add support for Tor (Alpha)
  • 0.3.2 - Version bump
  • 0.3.1 - Add tablet support
  • 0.3.0 - Open queued tabs in Private Mode and Stay in Private Mode if last private tab is closed, if enabled
  • 0.2.2 - Open external tabs in private mode, if enabled
  • 0.2.1 - Improve stability with Tablet Actionbar enabled
  • 0.2.0 - Code cleanup and version bump
  • 0.1.4 - Add Request Desktop Site and Start in Private Mode
  • 0.1.3 - Add support for Fennec F-Droid
  • 0.1.2 - Add support for Beta and Nightly (Aurora)
  • 0.1.1 - Lower SDK to 15
  • 0.1.0 - Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
Firefox Tablet Mode, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
defkev
Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
Beta
Current Stable Version: defkev.xposed.fennec
Current Beta Version: 0.4.1
Beta Release Date: 2019-07-05

Created 2019-03-01
Last Updated 2019-07-04
Hello,
Could you be so kind and reupload this module? The xposed repo is down.
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 2023-01-31
    Since the Xposed Repo is down i attach the last release (0.4.1) to this post!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Force Firefox (including Beta, Aurora and Fennec) and Tor to start in tablet mode on phones and phone mode on tablets.

Phone:
    jpPU12e.png

Tablet:
    vc54Xqa.png

The same can be accomplished by changing the display size which has the caveat of affecting the entire phone/tablet.

To disable/enable tabs enable Disable Tablet Mode or Disable Phone Mode
    This is for people who just want to use one or more of the other features without changing the interface.

Some pages might show their desktop version on a tablet, to get around this enable Report Mobile User Agent or disable Report Tablet User Agent respectively. Disabling phone/tablet mode will disable this feature.

Request Desktop Site to explicitly request the desktop version by default.

Start in Private Mode will start Firefox with a private tab.

Enable Full Actionbar to get the full action bar (w/ back/forward & reload button depending on mode)
    Note that this can make the address bar illegible and even cause Firefox to crash when rotating the phone or closing tabs if there isn't enough space to draw everything (inflation exception), thus Experimental.

Set Screen Density to change the DPI of Firefox, lower this to improve usability of the Full Actionbar on small screen.
    Set to 0 or nothing to restore the default value.

Download either directly from the Xposed Module Repository or through the Xposed Installer (search for Firefox Tablet)

Changelog:
    • 0.4.1 - Fix for v68
    • 0.4.0 - Don't alter density if 0
    • 0.3.5 - Fix density resets on activity pause/resume
    • 0.3.4 - Add option to change Screen Density
    • 0.3.3 - Add option to disable phone/tablet mode and Add support for Tor (Alpha)
    • 0.3.2 - Version bump
    • 0.3.1 - Add tablet support
    • 0.3.0 - Open queued tabs in Private Mode and Stay in Private Mode if last private tab is closed, if enabled
    • 0.2.2 - Open external tabs in private mode, if enabled
    • 0.2.1 - Improve stability with Tablet Actionbar enabled
    • 0.2.0 - Code cleanup and version bump
    • 0.1.4 - Add Request Desktop Site and Start in Private Mode
    • 0.1.3 - Add support for Fennec F-Droid
    • 0.1.2 - Add support for Beta and Nightly (Aurora)
    • 0.1.1 - Lower SDK to 15
    • 0.1.0 - Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    Firefox Tablet Mode, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    defkev
    Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Stable Version: defkev.xposed.fennec
    Current Beta Version: 0.4.1
    Beta Release Date: 2019-07-05

Created 2019-03-01
    Last Updated 2019-07-04
    Full actionbar doesn't work with Firefox 68 (stable).

My system is OnePlus 7 Pro with Oxygen OS 9.5.8 (Android 9 Pie) and EdXposed v0.4.5.1 beta SandHook.

Just noticed that today after updating to v68
    Fixed in 0.4.1
    Need desktop site enable by default :(

I have same issue here, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

I added an option to disable phone/tablet mode on tablet/phone.
    Enable it to maintain the original behavior.

Could you add support for tor browser? It is technically based on Firefox so.. :D

Added for the alpha in 0.3.3
    There doesn't seem to be any beta/final release yet so this will need an update on my end once they ship it.
    Hello,
    Could you be so kind and reupload this module? The xposed repo is down.
    Thank you.

Naturally i did move on from FF68 since 2019 but still had the latest build on my hard drive, i did attach the apk to the OP

Cheers