• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[XPOSED][MOD] Enable Messenger Chat Head on Android 11+ devices

Search This thread

nani666

Apr 9, 2013
It's not working on the latest Xiaomi.eu weekly build (A11, Miui 12.5). Tried the turn on/off method, multiple force closes of the messenger app, deleting all data, etc. The phone's app list says it's never used. I was able to use it on a LOS 18.1 rom with Riru and LSPosed. Tried to install edXposed from the Magisk repo but it's ask for Riru and redirects me to a download page. Riru is on my phone. Any suggestion? I even tried to remove LSPosed, but edXposed still asks for Riru....

Working fine here on Xiaomi.eu android 11 MIUI 12.5

Using LSPosed

Reactions: NeonOrbit

Madbullben

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks so much for this! Works brilliantly! Why on earth did they change it, it's so backwards and broken and the original chat heads works so much better.

Prycon

Oct 8, 2021
Hi Neon, I can't open camera from chat head, It's working in Messenger version 329. but not in any other version after that. Could it be messenger problem then? They might be introduced new bug?

Last edited:

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021
# Notice #

Facebook is updating their source code to target newer android version and changing a lot stuff. They are bringing many new bugs in recent updates. Read comments on PlayStore, a lot of people complaining about countless issues.

This module doesn't use any messy workaround, it enables chat head pure natively. So, whatever bugs appear in chat head, it's all coming from original messenger. Those bugs exist on Android 10 too.

Few known bugs that are not related to this module, these bugs are happening to everyone (even on Android 10):
Bug #1. Camera and Voice recording isn't working in chat head sometimes. This bug started from messenger version 330.X.X. They fixed the camera issue on v333.X.X (not fully though), but recording issue is still there. So they might fix it soon. You can use messenger version 329.X.X until then.
Bug #2. Sometimes chat head not appearing itself when there's a new message. This is also original messenger problem. I hope they will fix it soon.

Looks like they will bring more bugs soon.
If there are any serious bugs that only exist on Android 11, I'll try to fix those.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Let me know whenever new bugs appear.

Last edited:

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm a bit busy. Facebook is updating their source code to target newer android version and changing a lot stuff. They are bringing many new bugs in recent updates. Read comments on PlayStore, a lot of people complaining about countless issues.

This module doesn't use any messy workaround, it enables chat head pure natively. So, whatever bugs appear in chat head, it's all coming from original messenger. Those bugs exist on Android 10 too.

Few known bugs that are not related to this module, these bugs are happening to everyone (even on Android 10):

If there are any serious bugs that only exist on Android 11, I'll try to fix those.
Thank you sir. I will wait for the update. Facebook always messing up anything. We just want to have a simple fully functional chatheads on A11 that they messed up already and they keep on going.

Prycon

Oct 8, 2021
I'm a bit busy. Facebook is updating their source code to target newer android version and changing a lot stuff. They are bringing many new bugs in recent updates. Read comments on PlayStore, a lot of people complaining about countless issues.

thanks, that explains the problem. Facebook just can't help themself.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Screenshot_20211022-210514_Shell.png

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021
My chatheads periodically just disappear and sometimes rotation causes it to close
Sorry, I need more details. Does chathead itself disappear while using, or chathead options ("Open chat head" menu) disappear sometimes?

Also I need to know your messenger and lsposed versions (whenever you're free).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Module: ChatHeadEnabler

About: On Android 11 and higher, Facebook Messenger won't let you use it's Chat Head feature. Instead it uses Chat Bubble feature, which has a lot of bugs. This module will bring back original Chat Head feature.

-> [Safe] -> [Open source] -> [All features are working] -> [You can use official messenger from playstore]

For Non-Rooted Device: check this Tutorial

Requirements:
    - Root: Using Magisk
    - Xposed Framework: LSPosed or EdXposed
    [If your phone is rooted, but you don't know how to use xposed, check this Video Tutorial]

Download:
    - ChatHeadEnabler-v2.2.1.apk
    [Also available on LSPosed and EdXposed module repository]

Installation:
    - Download and Install ChatHeadEnabler.
    - Enable it from LSPosed (or EdXposed) Manager.
    - Clear Messenger app data.
    - Restart Messenger app.

Important: If you are using LSPosed and chat head is not working, update LSPosed to latest version and try again.

If you are experiencing any issue, read this Notice.

Source Code: Github

[If this was helpful to you, consider writing a comment and share it with your device related group]

Support: PayPal | Crypto
    # Notice #

Facebook is updating their source code to target newer android version and changing a lot stuff. They are bringing many new bugs in recent updates. Read comments on PlayStore, a lot of people complaining about countless issues.

Bug #1. Camera and Voice recording isn't working in chat head sometimes. This bug started from messenger version 330.X.X. They fixed the camera issue on v333.X.X (not fully though), but recording issue is still there. So they might fix it soon. You can use messenger version 329.X.X until then.
    Bug #2. Sometimes chat head not appearing itself when there's a new message. This is also original messenger problem. I hope they will fix it soon.

Thank you! Really helped me!

The bubble chats built in android 11 are horrible...Really thanx for this module!
    I'm glad this helped you.
    Thank you man...you're a life saver...
    New version available.
    Changelog v2.2.1:
    - Improve hooking speed
    - Support latest Messenger
    Download