• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[XPOSED][MOD] Enable Messenger Chat Head on Android 11+ devices

Search This thread

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Lsposed 1.6.2 and the chatheads themselves randomly disappear not sure why worked really well till yesterday morning

Android 11 proton asop
Messenger version 336.0.0.7.142

(I tried using detach to remove it from play store to stop auto updates but have been unsuccessful so I left it alone)
Screenshot_20211023-095043_Shell.png

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Lsposed 1.6.2 and the chatheads themselves randomly disappear not sure why worked really well till yesterday morning

Android 11 proton asop

(I tried using detach to remove it from play store to stop auto updates but have been unsuccessful so I left it alone)
View attachment 5439545
It acts astho I force closed it and then I get a small notification from lsposed saying it failed to hook lsposed
Screenshot_20211023-095741_Messenger~2.png

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021

Android 11 proton asop

Looks like they changed source code in v336. I'll have to analyze the apk manually again.

Thanks for the early feedback. I'll update the module soon. You should use messenger v335 for now.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Sorry, I need more details. Does chathead itself disappear while using, or chathead options ("Open chat head" menu) disappear sometimes?

Also I need to know your messenger and lsposed versions (whenever you're free).

Looks like they changed source code in v336. I'll have to analyze the apk manually again.

Thanks for the early feedback. I'll update the module soon. You should use messenger v335 for now.
Can do my friend :) glad I was of some use. Okay I'll downgrade now

Reactions: NeonOrbit

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Has a weird scroll but other than scrolling works good (scrolling in a multi person conversation has a weird jumpy scroll but not sure if phone if app or if module)

minhan6559

Nov 13, 2021
oh i've just try this on android 12 pixel 3xl, it still brings back the chat head, but it has a bug (maybe). When u close the bubble or move it, it won't let u touch anything on the screen for 1-2 seconds after that, just like it has a delay. I tried a lot of things such as clear data, reinstall or anything else. Can u check it for me, many thanks!

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
oh i've just try this on android 12 pixel 3xl, it still brings back the chat head, but it has a bug (maybe). When u close the bubble or move it, it won't let u touch anything on the screen for 1-2 seconds after that, just like it has a delay. I tried a lot of things such as clear data, reinstall or anything else. Can u check it for me, many thanks!
By the sounds of it your phone is lagging or something is drawing over the chat heads on your device how much I'd running in the background what do you have installed what's your rom ? Stock or custom ROM and have you changed any animation speed in your dev settings?

minhan6559

Nov 13, 2021
By the sounds of it your phone is lagging or something is drawing over the chat heads on your device how much I'd running in the background what do you have installed what's your rom ? Stock or custom ROM and have you changed any animation speed in your dev settings?
i haven't done anything "weird" on my phone yet, and i'm using the stock rom from google. I have a vid here which shows the problem: Bug. As u can see everything on my phone is working okay, but every time i move the bubble or close it, i will cause a delay.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
i haven't done anything "weird" on my phone yet, and i'm using the stock rom from google. I have a vid here which shows the problem: Bug. As u can see everything on my phone is working okay, but every time i move the bubble or close it, i will cause a delay.
Looks like it's lagging not sure if that's the module does it do it without the module enabled?

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Are you using Riru lsposed? That's weird honestly the most I get is a popup from Google telling me something blocking my screen but not laggy like that

Try changing your animation speed in your developer settings

If that doesn't work try downgrading the app to see if it's one or the other

rxmodule

Apr 13, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thank you very much! I followed the instructions and it works!! on my Poco x3 NFC Xiaomi EU MIUI12.5 V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXMI(stable) with latest messenger 339.0.0.18.118 (unlocked bootloader and rooted)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-23-08-53-37-573_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-23-08-53-37-573_com.android.settings.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Module: ChatHeadEnabler

About: On Android 11 and higher, Facebook Messenger won't let you use it's Chat Head feature. Instead it uses Chat Bubble feature, which has a lot of bugs. This module will bring back original Chat Head feature.

-> [Safe] -> [Open source] -> [All features are working] -> [You can use official messenger from playstore]

For Non-Rooted Device: check this Tutorial

Requirements:
    - Root: Using Magisk
    - Xposed Framework: LSPosed or EdXposed
    [If your phone is rooted, but you don't know how to use xposed, check this Video Tutorial]

Download:
    - ChatHeadEnabler-v2.2.1.apk
    [Also available on LSPosed and EdXposed module repository]

Installation:
    - Download and Install ChatHeadEnabler.
    - Enable it from LSPosed (or EdXposed) Manager.
    - Clear Messenger app data.
    - Restart Messenger app.

Important: If you are using LSPosed and chat head is not working, update LSPosed to latest version and try again.

If you are experiencing any issue, read this Notice.

Source Code: Github

[If this was helpful to you, consider writing a comment and share it with your device related group]

Support: PayPal | Crypto
    # Notice #

Facebook is updating their source code to target newer android version and changing a lot stuff. They are bringing many new bugs in recent updates. Read comments on PlayStore, a lot of people complaining about countless issues.

This module doesn't use any messy workaround, it enables chat head pure natively. So, whatever bugs appear in chat head, it's all coming from original messenger. Those bugs exist on Android 10 too.

Few known bugs that are not related to this module, these bugs are happening to everyone (even on Android 10):
    Bug #1. Camera and Voice recording isn't working in chat head sometimes. This bug started from messenger version 330.X.X. They fixed the camera issue on v333.X.X (not fully though), but recording issue is still there. So they might fix it soon. You can use messenger version 329.X.X until then.
    Bug #2. Sometimes chat head not appearing itself when there's a new message. This is also original messenger problem. I hope they will fix it soon.

Looks like they will bring more bugs soon.
    If there are any serious bugs that only exist on Android 11, I'll try to fix those.
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Let me know whenever new bugs appear.
    Thank you! Really helped me!

The bubble chats built in android 11 are horrible...Really thanx for this module!
    I'm glad this helped you.
    Thank you man...you're a life saver...
    New version available.
    Changelog v2.2.1:
    - Improve hooking speed
    - Support latest Messenger
    Download