[NEW][MOD] Choose between Bubble and ChatHead in Facebook Messenger (Android 11+)

Search This thread

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Lsposed 1.6.2 and the chatheads themselves randomly disappear not sure why worked really well till yesterday morning

Android 11 proton asop
Messenger version 336.0.0.7.142

(I tried using detach to remove it from play store to stop auto updates but have been unsuccessful so I left it alone)
Screenshot_20211023-095043_Shell.png

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Lsposed 1.6.2 and the chatheads themselves randomly disappear not sure why worked really well till yesterday morning

Android 11 proton asop

(I tried using detach to remove it from play store to stop auto updates but have been unsuccessful so I left it alone)
View attachment 5439545
It acts astho I force closed it and then I get a small notification from lsposed saying it failed to hook lsposed
Screenshot_20211023-095741_Messenger~2.png

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021

Android 11 proton asop

Looks like they changed source code in v336. I'll have to analyze the apk manually again.

Thanks for the early feedback. I'll update the module soon. You should use messenger v335 for now.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Sorry, I need more details. Does chathead itself disappear while using, or chathead options ("Open chat head" menu) disappear sometimes?

Also I need to know your messenger and lsposed versions (whenever you're free).

Looks like they changed source code in v336. I'll have to analyze the apk manually again.

Thanks for the early feedback. I'll update the module soon. You should use messenger v335 for now.
Can do my friend :) glad I was of some use. Okay I'll downgrade now

Reactions: NeonOrbit

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Has a weird scroll but other than scrolling works good (scrolling in a multi person conversation has a weird jumpy scroll but not sure if phone if app or if module)

minhan6559

Nov 13, 2021
oh i've just try this on android 12 pixel 3xl, it still brings back the chat head, but it has a bug (maybe). When u close the bubble or move it, it won't let u touch anything on the screen for 1-2 seconds after that, just like it has a delay. I tried a lot of things such as clear data, reinstall or anything else. Can u check it for me, many thanks!

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
oh i've just try this on android 12 pixel 3xl, it still brings back the chat head, but it has a bug (maybe). When u close the bubble or move it, it won't let u touch anything on the screen for 1-2 seconds after that, just like it has a delay. I tried a lot of things such as clear data, reinstall or anything else. Can u check it for me, many thanks!
By the sounds of it your phone is lagging or something is drawing over the chat heads on your device how much I'd running in the background what do you have installed what's your rom ? Stock or custom ROM and have you changed any animation speed in your dev settings?

minhan6559

Nov 13, 2021
By the sounds of it your phone is lagging or something is drawing over the chat heads on your device how much I'd running in the background what do you have installed what's your rom ? Stock or custom ROM and have you changed any animation speed in your dev settings?
i haven't done anything "weird" on my phone yet, and i'm using the stock rom from google. I have a vid here which shows the problem: Bug. As u can see everything on my phone is working okay, but every time i move the bubble or close it, i will cause a delay.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
i haven't done anything "weird" on my phone yet, and i'm using the stock rom from google. I have a vid here which shows the problem: Bug. As u can see everything on my phone is working okay, but every time i move the bubble or close it, i will cause a delay.
Looks like it's lagging not sure if that's the module does it do it without the module enabled?

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Are you using Riru lsposed? That's weird honestly the most I get is a popup from Google telling me something blocking my screen but not laggy like that

Try changing your animation speed in your developer settings

If that doesn't work try downgrading the app to see if it's one or the other

rxmodule

Apr 13, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thank you very much! I followed the instructions and it works!! on my Poco x3 NFC Xiaomi EU MIUI12.5 V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXMI(stable) with latest messenger 339.0.0.18.118 (unlocked bootloader and rooted)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-23-08-53-37-573_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-23-08-53-37-573_com.android.settings.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: NeonOrbit

S.N.A.P

Dec 28, 2016
Bug report (pretty sure it's from Android side) : I'm using latest (at the time of this reply) Riru + LSPosed + Chat head enabler + Messenger, on A11 everything works fine but on A12, for the past few days, the screen freeze for about 1-2 seconds whenever I :
- Receive new messages and new chat head come out
- Tap the chat head after done replying to close it
Literally can't interact with the screen temporarily after those above

S.N.A.P

Dec 28, 2016
A12 specific bug maybe
I also have that only on A12
Greetings from VN

Reactions: minhan6559

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Module: ChatHeadEnabler

About: An Xposed module that lets you choose between ChatHead and Bubble in Facebook Messenger (Android 11+)

For Non-Rooted Device: check this Thread

Requirements:
    - Root: Magisk
    - Xposed: LSPosed
    [If you don't know how to use xposed, check this Video Tutorial]

Download:
    - ChatHeadEnabler-v2.4.5.apk
    [Also available on LSPosed module repository]

Installation:
    - Download and Install ChatHeadEnabler.
    - Enable it from LSPosed Manager.
    - Restart Messenger app.

Feature:
    By default, this module enables the chat head feature.
    If your device have chat head but you want to use bubble,
    - Open messenger app and go to its setting page.
    - Click on the toggle icon from the top-right corner.
    - Choose bubble option from the pop-up dialog.
    [If you want to hide the toggle icon, long press on it and remove.]

196719803-522ebb84-40d7-46d3-bf85-f7a80f406e62.png

Source Code: Github
    Same issue.
    Log attached.
    Weird, first time to see Application.onCreate() is not getting hooked.
    I see both of you are using LineageOS. Either it's a ROM specific bug, or something messed up in lsposed (maybe in latest version).
    I'll try to find a solution soon.
    Notice

Solution for lag (2 seconds delay) on android 12:

If you have shell (terminal eg: termux app) on your phone, simply run this command:
    Code:
    su -c settings put global block_untrusted_touches 0
    That's all.

If you don't have any shell apps on your phone, then you will have to use adb.
    -> Go to "Developer Options"
    -> Enable both "USB debugging" and "USB debugging (Security settings)" options
    -> Run this adb command from PC:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global block_untrusted_touches 0
    literally my case, hopefully we'll see a fix soon
    See if this one works.
    # Notice #

This module doesn't use any messy workarounds, it enables chathead pure natively.
    So, whatever bugs appear in chathead, it's all coming from original messenger.