[XPOSED][MOD][LP+] Sensible Android Auto:Xposed

Search This thread

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Sorry for the delay; it appears that the version change between 5.6.603434 and 5.6.603444 wasn't very significant code-wise. I tested the existing module against it and it seems fine.

I went ahead and bumped the version, just so they match and the version mismatch error in the logs won't show up.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Since I'm starting to make some reverse-engineering lately, I found myself the way to update this module to new Android Auto version.

So I wanted to contribute to SAA:X by taking care of updating it to support AA 5.7.603954

I made a pull request to @agentdr8 repo, you can find my fork here https://gitlab.com/iamgabrieler/saax/-/tree/iamgabrieler-2.0-patch-23042. I'm sure he'll eventually take care of merging the request, if he's up to, and update the module on Xposed Repo.

I won't share APK here because it would not have the same signature of original SAAX and I don't want to just give away an APK. Obviously you are free to build it yourself and test it.

On a side note, @agentdr8, I'd like to let you know that there were some considerable changes to Android Auto Emulator on Windows. With version 2.0 rc1 they added quite a lot of things. I made an article about it on Reddit, and what you might want to hear is that finally there are hotkeys to simulate car moving (no fake GPS involved).

In fact there are now some hotkeys to trigger restrictions to AA. On Windows they are Shift+U (activate restrictions) and U (deactivate restrictions).

I made a first pull request but a class was mistyped, and I could see the difference between having that mode toggled. Then I updated the code and the restrictions were gone, so I'm pretty convinced it's a good way to actually test the module.

Full documentation here: https://developer.android.com/training/cars/testing

Happy modding everyone!

Last edited:

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Since I'm starting to make some reverse-engineering lately, I found myself the way to update this module to new Android Auto version.

So I wanted to contribute to SAA:X by taking care of updating it to support AA 5.7.603954

I made a pull request to @agentdr8 repo, you can find my fork here https://gitlab.com/iamgabrieler/saax/-/tree/iamgabrieler-2.0-patch-23042. I'm sure he'll eventually take care of merging the request, if he's up to, and update the module on Xposed Repo.

I won't share APK here because it would not have the same signature of original SAAX and I don't want to just give away an APK. Obviously you are free to build it yourself and test it.

On a side note, @agentdr8, I'd like to let you know that there were some considerable changes to Android Auto Emulator on Windows. With version 2.0 rc1 they added quite a lot of things. I made an article about it on Reddit, and what you might want to hear is that finally there are hotkeys to simulate car moving (no fake GPS involved).

In fact there are now some hotkeys to trigger restrictions to AA. On Windows they are Shift+U (activate restrictions) and U (deactivate restrictions).

I made a first pull request but a class was mistyped, and I could see the difference between having that mode toggled. Then I updated the code and the restrictions were gone, so I'm pretty convinced it's a good way to actually test the module.

Full documentation here: https://developer.android.com/training/cars/testing

Happy modding everyone!

Wow, a DHU update that actually adds a ton of value! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. And thanks for the merge request. I'll check it out and if everything works, I'll post a release shortly.

Last edited:

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Looks like big changes?!

Actually yes! It seems like we are about to get some new wallpapers (7 in total, including default one) to choose (well, it's something, but nothing compared to the 800+ of Wallpapers For AA ?), there's an app for SMS (still not functional), it seems like the transition to Assistant Driving Mode is finally happening, with Android Auto prompting for that, there are some brand-specific new icons, and something more under the hood.

You might want to check out the teardown I've made

fkrrr

Dec 5, 2016
Actually yes! It seems like we are about to get some new wallpapers (7 in total, including default one) to choose (well, it's something, but nothing compared to the 800+ of Wallpapers For AA ), there's an app for SMS (still not functional), it seems like the transition to Assistant Driving Mode is finally happening, with Android Auto prompting for that, there are some brand-specific new icons, and something more under the hood.

You might want to check out the teardown I've made

That's where I was coming from ;) Thanks for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated for AA 6.3.611314. I had worked on the 6.2 module but for some reason it wasn't injecting code into the methods.
    Simple module to make Android Auto less restrictive. History on this module can be found here and an article about the in-motion tap limits here. This module should remove the "speed bump" notification (Browsing locked for safety) and allow you to scroll through lists (playlists, song lists, etc) without hindrance.

There's also a reddit thread/request which has more specifics about what this module is trying to accomplish.

Features:
    • Should work for all aftermarket AA-capable headunits (might require a hard-wired bypass module depending on model)
    • Should also work for most OEM AA headunits that are built into newer vehicles
    • Should also work for standalone AA running on a phone and not connected to a headunit

Here comes the really large and obnoxious disclaimer.......

This module can alter the built-in safety features that Google has implemented in Android Auto. By downloading and installing, you agree that YOU, and only YOU, are solely responsible for any negative repercussions that may result. This can include injury to yourself and/or others, property damage, or loss of life. Under no circumstances is the author of this module responsible for its use!

...not that a simple disclaimer on a forum post would go far if anything were to happen, but I felt the need to put it out there. Please use YOUR best judgement when it comes to operating a vehicle and futzing with your Android Auto headunit.

Development and testing was done on a Nexus 5x running Android Auto v1.6.240040 (2719917-release) and a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX w/ micro bypass. This should work on any Lollipop and newer rom, assuming Android Auto works on it.

Downloads

See attached files on this post.
    You can also grab it from the Xposed Repo

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sensible Android Auto:Xposed , Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    agentdr8
    Source Code: Gitlab

Xposed Package Name: com.dr8.xposed.saax

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 6.3.611314
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-12

Created 2016-06-04
    Last Updated 2021-04-12
    Sorry for the delay. New version posted to OP and Repo.
    4.4 is out. Please update if you can. Thanks!

Will try to get to it before this weekend.
    Question: should I hold of on updating aa from play store until this module gets updated?

Yes. Unfortunately Google has obfuscated the code in AA since around version 2.x, so the module has to be adapted to every version that comes out.

That being said, it sometimes helps bring it to my attention that a new AA version is available if someone posts in this thread.

I'll try and work on 3.5.583xxx and post something shortly.

EDIT: Updated first post (and Repo) with module for AA 3.5.583xxx -- Please let me know if there are any issues.
    I'll try it under Android Auto Version 2.7.573954 and let you know.

I posted an updated version for the latest AA on the OP and to the Xposed Repo.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone