[Xposed][MODULE][4.0+] XInternalSD

Search This thread

Techguy777

@Techguy777 I have s9+ with ported android 11 (Noble 1.7 rom). I have installed lsposed with Zygisk and installed XinternalSd. I have selected the apps like whatsapp, Telegram and Migrate in both Lsposed and XinternalSd app but data to sd is not working. Any media that arrives in telegram or whatsapp still goes to internal storage. Can you help me? Does this method work with Lsposed with Zygisk or Riru is necessary?​

I see what you did wrong your using the wrong lsposed I didnt see your photos at first. Try this new one just released today. In all honesty I usually dont pay to close attention because I get 100 notifications a day for xda and there normally nothing. If I am looking ill pay attention now. You can unilstall riru with this lsposed.

Attachments

• LSPosed-v1.6.5-6330-zygisk-release.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: RootedLee

munirshah77

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Poco F3
I see what you did wrong your using the wrong lsposed I didnt see your photos at first. Try this new one just released today. In all honesty I usually dont pay to close attention because I get 100 notifications a day for xda and there normally nothing. If I am looking ill pay attention now. You can unilstall riru with this lsposed.
Thanks for your response. I have formatted my card to Fat-32, tried latest lsposed (zygisk version) as per you instruction. Tried disabling zygisk, enabling riru and using riru version of Lsposed and nothing works. Noble rom for s9 series has a bug in which if you try to move any app to sd card, it prompts an error that there is not enough storage on Sd card while the same is not the case. May be Xinsernal with Lsposed is not working due to the bug in the specific rom that I am using? I have shared the pics again, so that you can tell me if I am doing anything worng. I doubt that though. After I formated the sd card, its name changed, so I changed it accordingly in Xinternalsd. I have noticed that folders for apps get created in sdcatd in Android/Data/ now that I have selected moving all apps to Sd card in XinternalSd but they remain empty and corresponding folders in internal storage get filled with new data. I have included the Es file explorer image to show the name of sd card

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (1).jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 52
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (2).jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 47
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (3).jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 38
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (4).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (4).jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 37
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (5).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM (5).jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.26.34 AM.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 47

Techguy777

Thanks for your response. I have formatted my card to Fat-32, tried latest lsposed (zygisk version) as per you instruction. Tried disabling zygisk, enabling riru and using riru version of Lsposed and nothing works. Noble rom for s9 series has a bug in which if you try to move any app to sd card, it prompts an error that there is not enough storage on Sd card while the same is not the case. May be Xinsernal with Lsposed is not working due to the bug in the specific rom that I am using? I have shared the pics again, so that you can tell me if I am doing anything worng. I doubt that though. After I formated the sd card, its name changed, so I changed it accordingly in Xinternalsd. I have noticed that folders for apps get created in sdcatd in Android/Data/ now that I have selected moving all apps to Sd card in XinternalSd but they remain empty and corresponding folders in internal storage get filled with new data. I have included the Es file explorer image to show the name of sd card
This new xda app is stupid I just seen your reply. I have android 12 one ui 4.0 installed and zygisk lsposed with xinternalsd is working the only thing I would say is to uninstall the riru and riru lsposed Because it's using the same stuff. I can't explain but it might make a difference also I use xinternalsd and select each individually and finally if the app has permissions like storage files and media you got to go in and turn it on on that. Don't get offended if you've already done all this stuff I'm just trying to cross my t and Dot my I.

munirshah77

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Poco F3
Do you have /storage/3533-3333/ or in your case /storage/SD card number/ for path to internal SD. Not rw media anymore.Than you have to go into lsposed click on xinternalsd module select the 3 dot menu on the right. Hit hide and check all 3 boxes to see all apps. You than have to find the app you want it to work on and select the check box and reboot try that it should work with system framework checked also
Thanks for your response. Already /storage/5D01-1120/ is selected as SD card as shown in the attached picture. I have already removes the ticks in the hide category. That is why freeFire is showing up in Lsposed. System framework is also checked but it is not working for me. May be there is any issue with the custom ROM that I am using due to which it is not working. I have uninstalled riru as well. Pictures are attached for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-134003_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-134003_Settings.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220129-131702.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-131702.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220129-134224_XInternalSD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-134224_XInternalSD.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220129-134013_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-134013_Settings.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220129-131752_XInternalSD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-131752_XInternalSD.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220129-131736_XInternalSD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-131736_XInternalSD.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220129-131714_Shell.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-131714_Shell.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220129-131727_Shell.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-131727_Shell.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Techguy777

Techguy777

Thanks for your response. Already /storage/5D01-1120/ is selected as SD card as shown in the attached picture. I have already removes the ticks in the hide category. That is why freeFire is showing up in Lsposed. System framework is also checked but it is not working for me. May be there is any issue with the custom ROM that I am using due to which it is not working. I have uninstalled riru as well. Pictures are attached for reference
I use telegram and it used to work with xinternalsd and now I tried it and it won't work. So I would say download fildo apk it's a mp3 downloader and I know for a fact it works. Set it up like you've had it with the other apps inside the exposed module, xinternalsd check fildo and so on I would post a link but I would get in trouble on Xda. Let me know if you can't get it fildo orange downloader app for music download a song. It's possibly your room but I have never had that happen so I want to check everything.

munirshah77

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Poco F3
I use telegram and it used to work with xinternalsd and now I tried it and it won't work. So I would say download fildo apk it's a mp3 downloader and I know for a fact it works. Set it up like you've had it with the other apps inside the exposed module, xinternalsd check fildo and so on I would post a link but I would get in trouble on Xda. Let me know if you can't get it fildo orange downloader app for music download a song. It's possibly your room but I have never had that happen so I want to check everything.
I have installed fildo app and it's working. It has downloaded the song to SD card. Thanks a lot for bearing with me. But the main apps I need to work like Whatsapp are not working. Do you any workaround to make Whatsapp data go to SD card instead of internal. Really appreciate your help

Techguy777

I have installed fildo app and it's working. It has downloaded the song to SD card. Thanks a lot for bearing with me. But the main apps I need to work like Whatsapp are not working. Do you any workaround to make Whatsapp data go to SD card instead of internal. Really appreciate your help
I'm having the same trouble it doesn't work as good as it used to. The apps need to have sd storage permission already but most apps don't because sdcards are almost gone. I will definitely let you know if I find something and I plan on staying on it, but is it right now? No, I got nothing. If it works it works. If it doesn't it doesn't sorry

I used to be able to download the screen recorder videos on my Samsung Galaxy s6 tablet directly to my external SD card and now even with everything working it still won't do it. Same with telegram and a couple other apps I've tried so I'm not sure why it doesn't work but I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Reactions: munirshah77

Techguy777

Forgot what phone do you have? Mainly the manufacturer like Samsung, Google, Xiaomi?

Usually Samsung is the best because Samsung has the system set up like it used to be before Android 8 so the apps work better. Just let me know thanks.

munirshah77

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Poco F3
Forgot what phone do you have? Mainly the manufacturer like Samsung, Google, Xiaomi?

Usually Samsung is the best because Samsung has the system set up like it used to be before Android 8 so the apps work better. Just let me know thanks.
Its Samsung S9+ exonos version with Noble 1.7 ROM (Android 11 ported from note 10 plus)

Reactions: Techguy777

Sonunovita

Feb 8, 2022
Please tell me how to give sdcard permission with xinternal, i have 35GB of whatsapp data which i cant use in internal storage bcz storage full. My xinternal not working properly maybe after rom update android 11, miui 12.5.3.0 in redmi note 9 pro max. My location showing android-media-com.whartsapp-whatsapp. but i dont want this location i want, sdcard-whatsapp folder acess. please fix xinternal 😓 (can i use to format sdcard and use as internal with activity launcher)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-08-11-48-47-310_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-08-11-48-47-310_com.whatsapp.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 17

Sonunovita

Feb 8, 2022
Please tell me how to give sdcard permission with xinternal, i have 35GB of whatsapp data which i cant use in internal storage bcz storage full. My xinternal not working properly maybe after rom update android 11, miui 12.5.3.0 in redmi note 9 pro max. My location showing android-media-com.whartsapp-whatsapp. but i dont want this location i want, sdcard-whatsapp folder acess. please fix xinternal 😓 (can i use to format sdcard and use as internal with activity launcher), before its worked fine but now not work🤐

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-08-11-48-47-310_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-08-11-48-47-310_com.whatsapp.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 11

fredsky2

Jan 25, 2012
If anyone's still having issues with this module, i got it working on lineage16 (should work up to android12 tho) doing the following:

- Install: magisk (enable zygisk), Zygsk-LSPosed, XInternalSD, ExSDCard

- open Zygsk-LSPosed: click on XInternalSD, "enable module", then chose your app (say whastapp).

- open XInternalSD: check "custom path to internal sd card". For "path to internal sd card" type /mnt/media_rw/0123-4321/ (yours sd card "name" WON'T be "0123-4321")

- then run the following adb command (or grant that permission by other means, like root android apps "app manager", "permission manager x", etc):
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.whatsapp android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

I think the last step, actually granting permission for the app to write on external storage, is where many might have missed

cheers

Last edited:

munirshah77

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Poco F3
If anyone's still having issues with this module, i got it working on lineage16 (should work up to android12 tho) doing the following:

- Install: magisk (enable zygisk), Zygsk-LSPosed, XInternalSD, ExSDCard
- open Zygsk-LSPosed: click on XInternalSD, "enable module", then chose your app (say whastapp).
- open XInternalSD: check "custom path to internal sd card". For "path to internal sd card" type /mnt/media_rw/0123-4321/ (yours sd card "name" WON'T be "0123-4321")
- then run the following adb command:
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.whatsapp android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

I think the last step, actually granting permission for the app to write on external storage, is where many might have missed

cheers

edit: fixed a few important steps that were missing or inaccurate
Executing the adb command has no effect for me on S9+ as Whatsapp data is still not moving to sd card while App like Fildo is working as before

• Sad
Reactions: RootedLee

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
Executing the adb command has no effect for me on S9+ as Whatsapp data is still not moving to sd card while App like Fildo is working as before
Same for me: LineageOS 18.1/ Android 11. I've also added WhatsApp right within XinternalSD's apps list (that step is missing in your manual) as before in Android 7.1.1.

@fredsky2 any chance you can try this in LOS 18.1?

[EDIT] I recommend everybody read this comment by AnonVendetta!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts