• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xposed module for AA

Search This thread
Oct 24, 2010
+1!!!
This is what will push me to go ahead and unlock and root my Moto X Pure and void the warranty on it. This is much needed!!!

laolaxyz

Jan 5, 2011
so - in he meantime my car has been delivered (Audi A4) so I really would appreciate to test the xposed AndriodAuto App in this car ;)

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
We are all intrested but with out a dev this subject will be just that. A subject.

I may not be a real developer (in the Recognized Dev sense), but I've been looking into at least removing the scrolling restrictions while vehicle is in motion. Once I have something more concrete I'll likely create a separate support thread for that module.

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
I may not be a real developer (in the Recognized Dev sense), but I've been looking into at least removing the scrolling restrictions while vehicle is in motion. Once I have something more concrete I'll likely create a separate support thread for that module.
Great thank you. That is one of the major and most useful things we could ask for and your time with this would be greatly appreciated.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
I would like to request this aswell. I know this happens on spotify and iheartradio for sure

Yep I only know about spotify and gmusic as well.

Do either of you have a bypass wired into your headunits? I tried getting that message to show up in Google Music last night while on the freeway and it let me scroll/tap through my entire song list (more than 6 taps). I can also tap on the search box in Google Maps and the keyboard pops up. This is all while in motion.

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
Do either of you have a bypass wired into your headunits? I tried getting that message to show up in Google Music last night while on the freeway and it let me scroll/tap through my entire song list (more than 6 taps). I can also tap on the search box in Google Maps and the keyboard pops up. This is all while in motion.
Wow you can do that? I cant use maps when going more then 3 MPH also i can only see 5 or so playlists/songs in gmusic/spotify/iheartradio. My head unit is a 2016 chevy mylink 8"

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Wow you can do that? I cant use maps when going more then 3 MPH also i can only see 5 or so playlists/songs in gmusic/spotify/iheartradio. My head unit is a 2016 chevy mylink 8"

Oh I see. Definitely no bypasses on factory units. When you have the opportunity to take a pic of the warning message, please post it up and I'll see what can be done about it.

For anyone that has an aftermarket headunit (Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc), and are using a bypass, do you have the same restrictions when moving?

rootMBX

Feb 9, 2009
I have a pioneer 4100nex and a micro bypass for it. I've noticed the restriction when using Spotify, at least.

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
Update to the message. Spotify will not even new you go down more then 5 if in drive. You physically need to put the trucj in park, other apps you just need to be going less then 3 MPH spotify seems to be more picky. The message is "for safty reasobs you must be in park" i think this is a app and android auto issue.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Update to the message. Spotify will not even new you go down more then 5 if in drive. You physically need to put the trucj in park, other apps you just need to be going less then 3 MPH spotify seems to be more picky. The message is "for safty reasobs you must be in park" i think this is a app and android auto issue.

I can definitely override the parking brake check via Xposed. And I've found that error message in the AA apk, but I can't find where it's utilized, so it's possible that the native code libraries are calling that resource, and that might be harder to circumvent.

I should have something to test within the next day or so.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I have a pioneer 4100nex and a micro bypass for it. I've noticed the restriction when using Spotify, at least.

I will have to dive more deeply into Spotify itself if this is the only app that seems restricted while driving.

Reactions: chevyguy128

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010

Can back this up too. Have the Pioneer 4100-NEX with the micro bypass installed properly. Will not let me scroll on Spotify even if I'm rolling at like 2 mph. Definitely dependent on some sort of GPS/accelerometer checks on the AA backend.

Jeffy!

Mar 24, 2016
Pioneer 4200 NEX with micro bypass installed, Droid Turbo with CM13. I am absolutely interested in testing any mods you have for AA. The bypass I have works great for watching DVDs while driving, but no matter what I can't get AA to let me scroll past a couple playlist screens without the parking message, whether the car is in motion or not. I'll gladly test anything and everything you throw my way, AA is far too limited (i'd really like to get rid of the lockout screen on the phone if possible)

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
Pioneer 4200 NEX with micro bypass installed, Droid Turbo with CM13. I am absolutely interested in testing any mods you have for AA. The bypass I have works great for watching DVDs while driving, but no matter what I can't get AA to let me scroll past a couple playlist screens without the parking message, whether the car is in motion or not. I'll gladly test anything and everything you throw my way, AA is far too limited (i'd really like to get rid of the lockout screen on the phone if possible)

Jeffy!! You can get out of the AA "lock out screen" if you pull up your softkeys and click the square to get to recent apps. From there you can go into any app you had in that list, you just cant get to your home screen or app draw but works great as a work around!!

Reactions: Jeffy!

Jeffy!

Mar 24, 2016
Jeffy!! You can get out of the AA "lock out screen" if you pull up your softkeys and click the square to get to recent apps. From there you can go into any app you had in that list, you just cant get to your home screen or app draw but works great as a work around!!

Well that's helpful, thanks! I just got my AA head unit a week ago so I'm still figuring everything out. My phone just updated to a newer version of AA about 5 minutes ago also. Hopefully the changes announced at I/O will be coming soon.
Still, Xposed would make this a million times better

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
No problem sir! Mine says there is a update but i never update my apps unless its for security or to add something worth it. Let me know how it is. Yes AA is very restricted, to restricted where i unplug my,phone from AA and use the apps over bluetooth and usb charger ha, its a shame and i hope we can resolve this hence this topic and i do appreciate the time our dev is spending on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I only like to start a thread about the development of an Xposed module for tweak AA.
    Someone is interested on it? :confused:

Reagards!
    You guys can give the module a try. I've started a support thread here.
    We are all intrested but with out a dev this subject will be just that. A subject.

Hi,

I only like to start a thread about the development of an Xposed module for tweak AA.
    Someone is interested on it? :confused:

Reagards!

Oh yes - I would be very interested. I just have to wait for another 1-2 months until my car (A4) with AA/CarPlay support will be delivered.
    Hey, it would be great to get rid of the limitation of only viewing few entries in a list when scrolling... I believe this is tracked via GPS, so it would be great to feedback a velocity of 0 to this process only.

Is this in specific apps only, or all AA-enabled ones?