• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xposed module for AA

Search This thread

Jeffy!

Mar 24, 2016
Can back this up too. Have the Pioneer 4100-NEX with the micro bypass installed properly. Will not let me scroll on Spotify even if I'm rolling at like 2 mph. Definitely dependent on some sort of GPS/accelerometer checks on the AA backend.

Agreed, 4200 NEX with bypass. DVDs play no problem whether in park or 80mph on the freeway. But in both Play Music and CloudPlayer, I get the parking error message moving even 1mph in the parking lot. I tried turning off GPS on my phone and I can instantly scroll through all playlists and options, even at freeway speeds. Turn the GPS back on and it instantly restricts itself. It seems an Xposed module denying the GPS data to everything but the Navigation would work great here.

No problem sir! Mine says there is a update but i never update my apps unless its for security or to add something worth it. Let me know how it is. Yes AA is very restricted, to restricted where i unplug my,phone from AA and use the apps over bluetooth and usb charger ha, its a shame and i hope we can resolve this hence this topic and i do appreciate the time our dev is spending on this.

Yup, I've already found myself unplugging my phone to do something as simple as selecting a new playlist. I spent 2 full minutes trying to use the voice feature to ask for a specific playlist. Once it started directions to a random restaurant 1 thousand miles away, then it tried calling my mom. Took me 15 seconds to unplug the phone, poke the right playlist, and plug it back in. Incredibly stupid.

Mine updated automatically. "What's New" was this:
-Improved phone-car connection reliability
-Ability to browse music collection without lockouts while car is stopped
-AA now available in 19 more countries

so...... not a whole lot. I/O promised a lot though, and I'm really hoping to see that soon

Last edited:

donverse

Sep 8, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
I have the AVH-X8800BT in Europe (which is the same as the US 4200 NEX I believe).
Can either one of you folks who don't have the bypass (same restrictions as posted before apply to me) try if you can get the keyboard to show up in gmaps when driving? I believe this doesn't work for the non-bypassed units, although I am not entirely sure as mine was bypassed right away when installing it in the car.
Because if so, there are apparently two different kinds of restrictions, the first one (keyboard in gpmaps) can be bypassed with the parking brake "hack", the GPS based (think sportify scroll e.g.) one apparently not.
So if possible, I'd be very interested in a way to restrict GPS to any application other than gmaps and possible google now, if they need it for updating the home screen.

By the way, another useful idea I had was the principal of removing notifications from the home screen, I'd love to be able to swipe them away if not needed or to pin them to the top of the screen, so that they expand. Very useful for the gmaps "drive home" notification, as I don't need and don't want to navigate home every day, I just want a quick glance if there is any delay on my way back...
That, however, will be very hard to implement, and I guess we'll have to wait for the AA team to implement sth like this....

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA

Google I/O

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Because if so, there are apparently two different kinds of restrictions, the first one (keyboard in gpmaps) can be bypassed with the parking brake "hack", the GPS based (think sportify scroll e.g.) one apparently not.

There's a few different kinds of restrictions that I've managed to locate so far. Some deal with integrated headunits in vehicles (like chevyguy128's), then there's a parking brake check, and a GPS-based speed check (i.e. vehicle in-motion), and then there's a tap-limit restriction (6 in the US, 4 in Japan) if the vehicle is in-motion.

My first few attempts earlier this week at locating the right place to override the restrictions wasn't successful, but the more I dive into it, the closer I feel I'm getting.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
Is there anyone here that could whip up a nice launcher icon for my module? Testing at lunch today proved successful; was able to scroll through the entire list of genres in Spotify->Browse, regardless of speed and number of taps.

Last edited:
Reactions: chevyguy128

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
Works great! thank you for this. This is highly needed and worked with out a hitch for me on a quick test of spotify (was on a quick drive and was unable to test everything)

IndigoTea

Jun 1, 2016
I have the AVH-X8800BT in Europe (which is the same as the US 4200 NEX I believe).

By the way, another useful idea I had was the principal of removing notifications from the home screen, I'd love to be able to swipe them away if not needed or to pin them to the top of the screen, so that they expand. Very useful for the gmaps "drive home" notification, as I don't need and don't want to navigate home every day, I just want a quick glance if there is any delay on my way back...
That, however, will be very hard to implement, and I guess we'll have to wait for the AA team to implement sth like this....

^This. ^ I find it extremely irritating to get notifications of "time to location" for locations I only visit once every few weeks, or may have only visited as a one-time trip. Even without the "pin" feature, being able to swipe them away when not relevant would be fantastic. Galaxy S5, NEX-4200.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montero7o

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
^This. ^ I find it extremely irritating to get notifications of "time to location" for locations I only visit once every few weeks, or may have only visited as a one-time trip. Even without the "pin" feature, being able to swipe them away when not relevant would be fantastic. Galaxy S5, NEX-4200.
Also is irritating that "HOME" is not always pined.

I hope Google will provide a simple menu (in the smartphone, perhaps in the GMaps options) for setting "custom locations for AA".
Fully automatically inteligence isn't the best in all cases! :rolleyes:

Reactions: aeon01

Montero7o

May 11, 2017
Avh-x8800bt

Can either one of you folks who don't have the bypass (same restrictions as posted before apply to me) try if you can get the keyboard to show up in gmaps when driving? I believe this doesn't work for the non-bypassed units, although I am not entirely sure as mine was bypassed right away when installing it in the car.
So if possible, I'd be very interested in a way to restrict GPS to any application other than gmaps and possible google now, if they need it for updating the home screen.

Hello
I also have a Pioneer AVH-X8800BT, and Android Auto does not work with my Galaxy Note 4 or my Galaxy Note 3
When I connect my Galaxy Note 4, automatically Android Auto launches on Note 4, but there is no application available on the Pioneer AVH-X8800BT.
In the parameters I put "Other", "USB" and "Auto"
If I do the same thing with my other Pioneer AVH-X2800BT car stereo, everything works perfectly, MAPS, MDPlayer, MyTunerFree etc ...
Do you have an idea to help me?
Sorry for writing, I am French and I use Google Translate.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Hello
Is there an "Android Auto Exposed" module that uses WAZE instead of MAPS?
I have a waze imperative to have speed cameras and other information useful when driving.
It's been more than a year that google is on the subject but nothing advances.
There is a beta version in progress, but can not find it on the web, do you have a link to download it for testing?
Thank you for your answers
cordially
Sorry for writing, I am French and I use Google translation

chevyguy128

Sep 3, 2010
Waze been keeping us in the dark. But also seems WAZE will is close for releasing for AA but lets see

Last edited:

xela92

Aug 7, 2009
I would be interested too about Xposed modules for AA. It would be great to be able, for instance, to use other APIs with Android Auto and unleash its true potential. As for now, it's poor use.
I think that limiting AA for safety reasons is useless, because if I was reckless, I would use the phone while I'm driving to reach my goals, maybe while it's connected (more risky). It'd be better to make the car do more things, maybe noticing to the user to pay attention to the road more often when doing some operations.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
I think that limiting AA for safety reasons is useless.

It has nothing (or very very little) to do with safety, and everything to do with liability.

If you want full control over the experience, you should check out the Android-based headunits with the rk3188 proc. They're pretty much Android tablets with built-in amps.

I can still see people asking for an AA Xposed module, but nobody says anything about what that module should do. It's like asking for an app for your phone, but not saying what that app should do...
Come on guys, you can do better than that! Nobody would start developing a module unless he either has an idea of his own or somebody suggests something more precise.

digimancer

May 14, 2010
Vallejo
Several suggestions have been mentioned for the app, the most obvious one being themes.
I was hoping after a year to get to post #59 and see something useful.... So any devs looking for a jump off point:Themes...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I only like to start a thread about the development of an Xposed module for tweak AA.
    Someone is interested on it? :confused:

Reagards!
    You guys can give the module a try. I've started a support thread here.
    We are all intrested but with out a dev this subject will be just that. A subject.

I may not be a real developer (in the Recognized Dev sense), but I've been looking into at least removing the scrolling restrictions while vehicle is in motion. Once I have something more concrete I'll likely create a separate support thread for that module.
    Hi,

I only like to start a thread about the development of an Xposed module for tweak AA.
    Someone is interested on it? :confused:

Reagards!

Oh yes - I would be very interested. I just have to wait for another 1-2 months until my car (A4) with AA/CarPlay support will be delivered.
    Hey, it would be great to get rid of the limitation of only viewing few entries in a list when scrolling... I believe this is tracked via GPS, so it would be great to feedback a velocity of 0 to this process only.

Is this in specific apps only, or all AA-enabled ones?