Xposed Module: Keyboard Suggestions Blacklist

Search This thread

nick.spacek

Dec 6, 2013
Hi folks,

This is a little module that started out as a PoC but turned into something that I find useful. I use swiping on the Google Keyboard and found that sometimes it would detect words or offer suggestions that I would never type. I had previously used Swype and so not being able to remove suggested words drove me crazy.

This Xposed module adds blacklisting to the Google Keyboard.

Features:

• Long-press on suggested words from the keyboard interface
  • Add words to the blacklist through the module itself

The project is open source, you can view it on GitHub.

I'd prefer bugs/feature requests to go into the GitHub tracker, but if all else fails you can get in touch with me through XDA for support/bugs/feature requests.

There's also a Reddit thread if you're into that.

XDA:DevDB Information
Keyboard Suggestions Blacklist, a App for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
nick.spacek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-13
Last Updated 2013-12-13

Lucas00

Dec 13, 2012
Found this the same day i was trying to delete words..There is no other way really? I was swyping wrong words everytime:mad:

Thanks for you module. Some words still there, and i cant delete by long-press, but its really better now.

nick.spacek

Dec 6, 2013
Can you explain the problems you're having a little more detailed? When you long-press, you should get a Toast message saying that the word was added. Are you seeing that?

It currently doesn't delete the word that was entered though. Is that what you mean?

What phone/ROM are you on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Lucas00

Dec 13, 2012
Can you explain the problems you're having a little more detailed? When you long-press, you should get a Toast message saying that the word was added. Are you seeing that?

It currently doesn't delete the word that was entered though. Is that what you mean?

What phone/ROM are you on?

Wait a minute... this is suposed to work with N4 only? I tought it was working but i dont think so. all words i black-listed still showing in my suggestions. My way of black-listing was adding through the app itself.

I dont see any toast message when i long-press a suggested word.

Im running Omnirom 4.3 in my S-Advance.

Last edited:

nick.spacek

Dec 6, 2013
It should work with other phones and Roms, but hooking methods by name and signature is iffy. It could be that a particular ROM has changed the package or class name. It's hard to say.

At this point, I personally have only tried on vanilla 4.4 on a Nexus 4, but I know at least one person has it working fine on Note 2 or 3.

I'll have to add some error handling logic, in the case that something unexpected is encountered. I'll log some bugs on the GitHub that you can track.

Zenzic

Nov 19, 2011
Can this work with the android keyboard, not the playstore Google one? At the moment i doesn't appear to work and I could do with removing these American spellings from my keyboard.

nick.spacek

Dec 6, 2013
I have it working again with the latest Google Keyboard. I refactored the code some so in theory it should be a little easier to add support for other versions of the keyboards. I should have a new build up before Monday.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

This is a little module that started out as a PoC but turned into something that I find useful. I use swiping on the Google Keyboard and found that sometimes it would detect words or offer suggestions that I would never type. I had previously used Swype and so not being able to remove suggested words drove me crazy.

This Xposed module adds blacklisting to the Google Keyboard.

Features:

• Long-press on suggested words from the keyboard interface
    • Add words to the blacklist through the module itself

The project is open source, you can view it on GitHub.

I'd prefer bugs/feature requests to go into the GitHub tracker, but if all else fails you can get in touch with me through XDA for support/bugs/feature requests.

There's also a Reddit thread if you're into that.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Keyboard Suggestions Blacklist, a App for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    nick.spacek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-13
    Last Updated 2013-12-13
    Can this work with the android keyboard, not the playstore Google one? At the moment i doesn't appear to work and I could do with removing these American spellings from my keyboard.

I'd like to build in support for multiple keyboards soon. I am working now to fix it for the Google Keyboard first, then I'll look at the Android one.
    I have it working again with the latest Google Keyboard. I refactored the code some so in theory it should be a little easier to add support for other versions of the keyboards. I should have a new build up before Monday.
    Released now, let me know how it's working!