[Xposed] NeoPowerMenu - Create your own Power Menu

Search This thread
Oct 16, 2016
Hmm, would need some kinda big changes to the way how folders and multi items are rendered...
currently folders are limited to the single line items because if a folder would pick up the multi item, most probably all buttons of the multi item would open the folder, and let's just say, for laziness reasons I accepted it that way and just excluded folders for multi line items

I will put it on my to-do list nonetheless, just like the idea to completely disable the text.
- - - - -
And I might have some ideas for the suggestion with the indication numbers, not sure yet tho if that works, but also on my to-do list!
- - - - -
Please keep in mind tho that I'm currently on a development break due to personal reasons, it might take some time until I get to it...

No worries on timeline, I'm actually a pretty reasonable user. Hope you get what you need out of your break. Thanks for thinking about the suggestions and taking the time to respond.

xelemorf

Jan 15, 2009
Hi DrAcHe981,

It seems the latest v1.5.7 version (and all versions after v1.5.6-4) is not working with Oneplus 3 on MM, pressing the power menu leads to instant device crash and reboot.
Turning on or off the Experimental PhoneWindowManager hook does not resolve the issue.

The last known good version v1.5.6-3 worked with the Experimental PhoneWindowManager hook option turned on just fine.
The v1.5.6-4 has some minor problems, I cannot properly place the menu items, the slider for positioning provides limited movement on them.

Some additional findings, all versions after 1.5.6-4 (tested with Experimental PhoneWindowManager hook option enabled) seems to interfere with SwiftKey keyboards, making them crash (Swiftkey stable v6.7.3.30 and beta v6.7.4.24 editions aswell) - Note for reproduceability, I am also having Exi for Swiftkey v1.4.2 installed.

Rolling back to v1.5.6-3 where everything is working fine.

-
xel

Last edited:

PiggyFlooper

Oct 12, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180508-184841.png
    Screenshot_20180508-184841.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: Ibuprophen

clixhyper

May 23, 2018
hallo wie kann man das wieder weg machen

wie kann man das wieder weg machen
weg machen in dem sinn das man seine standart powermenu wieder hat
ich habe ein s6 mit s8 port und habe die app deinstalliert aber
mein power menu ist nicht da was kann ich machen außer rom neu drauf packen ? :confused:

Berdi86

Mar 23, 2013
Schmalkalden
Hello, i have a Huawei honor 8 pro with carbon rom, magisk-root and xposed from magisk. This tool works some days, and without any change, it stops working. Has anyone an idea what's the reason for this?

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Thanks for great module. Can you add Oreo design? Cheers. Sent from Redemi 4X (Resurrection Remix based on OS 7.1.2)
If you opened the Module, select Account then swipe all the way to the right, you should be able to see the Online Presets.

That's a list of submissions provided by other Module users and i believe that I may have seen an Oreo style in there but, they are all personally customized.

What you see there can be accomplished yourself as well using the various settings and such in the Module.

If you grab a Module you like or is almost what you like, you can grab it and be able to personalize it the way you want for your device (giving it your personal touch).

Enjoy! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using The ClaRetoX Forum App

ninestarkoko

Nov 26, 2013
....First people complain about a too slow reboot, now it's too quick?
Anyways, the commands you suggest are the same as using "PowerManager.reboot();", they trigger the default power manager service
I'm working on a different way to shut down completely without the use of root, but so far it either causes a system crash or breaks the entire shutdown system...

I compared logcats when using your module and compared them to stock reboot / shutdown and the commandline I referenced in my previous post. There is quite a bit of activity that is not present when using your module. I was just concerned that my particular device might not be getting restarted or shutdown properly. I was simply curious if there was a way to choose which command would be issued. I meant no disrespect.

Some reports about this "issue". The pm.reboot method used by NeoPowerMenu to reboot is not graceful.
To reboot "gracefully" means starting the ShutdownActivity and ShutdownThread by the android system, which is the same as pressing the stock power menu -> reboot. The ShutdownThread performs a series of steps to shutdown the system in a gentle way, and shows also the (ugly) popup dialog "shutting down...".
The OP added a code to broadcast the intent "am broadcast android.intent.action.ACTION_SHUTDOWN" in order to inform the apps about the imminent shutdown.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be used by apps/not working (on my stock xperia 6.0.1 the logcat shows practically nothing).
What can be done is editing the apk (decompile edit recompile) or recompiling the sources, making it use the root commands "am start -a android.intent.action.REBOOT" or "svc power reboot" which are the only ways to trigger the graceful reboot, from my researches and logcat files
( https://android.stackexchange.com/q...droid-via-command-line-remotely/139139#139139 ).

The relevant pieces of code can be found in XposedDialog.java
https://github.com/DrAcHe981/NeoPow...eonSoft/neopowermenu/xposed/XposedDialog.java :

Code:
setProgressScreen("Reboot");
                toggleSystemUI(true);
                if (!mPreviewMode) {
                    if (HookShutdownThread) {
                        XposedUtils.doReboot(mContext, 0);
[B]                    } else if (UseRootCommands) {
                        new BackgroundThread(REBOOT_CMD).start();[/B]
                    } else {
                        Intent launchIntent = new Intent(XposedMain.NPM_ACTION_BROADCAST_REBOOT);
                        mContext.sendOrderedBroadcast(launchIntent, null);
                    }
}

REBOOT_CMD is the root command executed by your Superuser app shell.
Edit the REBOOT_CMD to am start -a android.intent.action.REBOOT and edit the code so that the app uses the second option "new BackgroundThread(REBOOT_CMD).start();" and not the first "XposedUtils.doReboot(mContext, 0);".
In the same file you can also edit the "RUNNABLE_DELAY_MS" the controls the delay of the execution of the reboot command.

If there's something wrong, please correct me.

Reactions: The Analog Kid

The Analog Kid

Dec 5, 2013
Really nice work on this module, thank you very much. I guess I've tried this one back in the early stages, but had far less customization capabilities, a few bugs and I didn't quite liked it, so I've been using APM+ instead, now sink into oblivion and useless since Oreo. Just a couple minor things I've noticed: progress bar animations do not apply at all here; and I've found an even minor typo (attachment). Typo arguably not worth fixing, but just for the sake of perfecting...

Sent from my Z2 Play using XDA Labs

Attachments

• 1541755307838.jpg
    1541755307838.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 210

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Is it me or has anyone else been experiencing the Soft Reboot function acting as a normal Reboot function?

Maybe @DrAcHe981 is aware of this that I haven't realized myself?

This is happening on 2 Galaxy S5 devices (1 with LineageOS 15.1 & the other with LineageOS 14.1)...

Also with 2 Galaxy S3 devices (1 with LineageOS 14.1 & the other with LineageOS 13.0)...

I use one of the Galaxy S5 devices as my primary device and the other 3 devices as a Backup as well as for Developmental purposes for testing and such.

I didn't bother testing this function on my other devices not listed above.

I don't typically use the Soft Reboot much at all but, I attempted this recently and had noticed this, one and only, odd behavior. Afterwards, I had tried it on the others and noticed the same behavior.

Thanks a bunch! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Is it me or has anyone else been experiencing the Soft Reboot function acting as a normal Reboot function?

Maybe @DrAcHe981 is aware of this that I haven't realized myself?

This is happening on 2 Galaxy S5 devices (1 with LineageOS 15.1 & the other with LineageOS 14.1)...

Also with 2 Galaxy S3 devices (1 with LineageOS 14.1 & the other with LineageOS 13.0)...

I use one of the Galaxy S5 devices as my primary device and the other 3 devices as a Backup as well as for Developmental purposes for testing and such.

I didn't bother testing this function on my other devices not listed above.

I don't typically use the Soft Reboot much at all but, I attempted this recently and had noticed this, one and only, odd behavior. Afterwards, I had tried it on the others and noticed the same behavior.

Thanks a bunch! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.

Have just tried it a few times myself and seems ok to me. It boots into Samsung logo then straight into system. It's not turning off and restarting showing up Samsung s8 powered by android first as a normal boot does.
Have noticed on the soft reboot button in small letters showing automatic turnoff disabled though.
Device is a Samsung S8 stock nougat 7.0 using magisk 17.3/6.0.1 and rovo's exposed versiom 89/3.1.5

Reactions: Ibuprophen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heyho fellow people of XDA, I'm here to proudly present my first Xposed module!

NeoPowerMenu is an replacement for androids stock power menu, it gives the ability to customize the entire power menu how you like!
    You can freely change the colors, graphics, whats displayed, and much more!

Don't like your default power menu colors?
    Then change them!
    To do this, simply tap on "Theme" in the apps main screen and change every color of it, or download one of the various community made presets!​

Need more unique graphics?
    Then the "Graphics" screen is the right thing for you! Try it out and pick your favorite graphics!​

Want to have your favorite apps, shortcuts, or similar in your power menu?
    No problem for NeoPowerMenu, just tap on "Visibility and order" in the apps main menu, then tap on the + in the top right of the screen to add new elements!​

This module is not compatible with any other Module that performs Power Menu Modifications...(my module will try to overwrite the other modifications)

Main features:
    • Replace the Default power menu
    • Additional reboot options (For example: bootloader, safe mode, recovery mode)
    • Change the colors and save/load presets
    • 3 Built in presets (Light, Dark, Black)
    • Online preset server with over 250 community made presets (Containing custom graphics and colors)
    • Choose which items are displayed
    • Reorder the items as you wish
    • Multi Language, currently supported: English, German, Russian, Polish and Portuguese and more

Download from:

Other links:

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-02-27-21-13-32.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-13-42.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-14-14.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-14-36.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-14-43.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-14-51.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-15-01.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-15-48.pngScreenshot_2016-02-27-21-16-06.png

~ Sorry when my english is not the best

Current Version:
    Stable: v1.5.7
    Package name: de.NeonSoft.neopowermenu
    Size: ~3,43mb
    Man, quite some time passed since I last appeared alive in here...

Had a lot of private issues to sort out, some as serious as almost living under a bridge, but anyways, that's mostly sorted now!

And with that being sorted I began some big project just a few days ago...
    I'm working on NeoPowerMenu v2.0, a complete rewrite of the entire app!

It'll be more dynamic, more customizable, more your completely custom power menu! (and hopefully also more stable and smooth)

But be patient with me, I still have a very tight time table, and a project from square zero will take quite some time... I only have a few hours every evening to work on the app... and those hours are also shared with my other projects for other website services...

But eventually we will receive a completely new NeoPowerMenu with way more customizable features waiting for us all!
    I'm even trying to accomplish most of it without the use of root or xposed! (we will see how that goes, but I try to only use root/xposed if it really won't work without it)
    Here it comes: the v1.5 is online!
    Download over the xposed repository, can't upload now in the first post, bad network connection...

Changes (warning huge changelog):
    - Removed 'Waiting for root... ' Dialog. (moved it to the Root and Xposed info as an simple progress bar)
    # Reduced opening time.
    # NPM will now hide when the screen gets turned off and when other system dialogs open.
    # Reordered Colors list: both colors for one item are now together.
    # Reworked Visibility and Order list handler.
    # Reworked permissions system: Not all permissions are needed to work, you can select what you want to grant! ( not granted permissions will cause some functions to stop working...), only Android 6.0+
    # Reworked Presets system, faster loading and saving.
    # Reworked Presets import, now NeoPowerMenu won't open every file type, to open nps files as themes open them as text files.
    + Added new items: Airplane Mode, Restart System UI and Sound Mode.
    + Added the ability to hide item descriptions, for example you can hide the Soft Reboot description. (Checkbox for this is in the visibility and order screen)
    + Added the preset server, feel free to upload your presets!
    Now I'm back at active work, and I will try to publish a new update in the next days...

This update will mainly contain bug fixes:
    A fix for the color picker crash,
    for the upload crash and some changes to the login system (add the ability to update/delete your own presets on every device where you log in with your account, currently it's limited to the device where the preset gets firstly uploaded)
    Also I will (again) try to fix the transparency issue...

Additionally I have added a custom crash activity which has a button to directly display the part that caused the crash, also I've added an automatic crash reporter which should send the needed information directly to my server!
    Hi, thanks for this great xposed module.
    Any way to make it like this (https://dribbble.com/shots/1987775-Advanced-Power-Menu-concept-applied-in-the-Nexus-5)
    This is the second concept by Igor Silva
    I think I have the perfect place for such an option, currently we have only "Material" -> but we could also have "Material Fullscreen"

Will come in a next update!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone