[XPOSED][Q] Firefds Kit 10.0.1.7-STABLE-7 - Customize Samsung OneUI 2.0 [10/01/21]

kevinwu128

Jun 24, 2014
If you have that permission screen come up every time, it means that permissions are not granted correctly by exposed, which affects reboot to recovery as well.
Please provide xposed verbose and module logs, and also an adb logcat, all after opening firefds kit and trying to reboot to recovery. Also try to reinstall firefds kit without uninstalling it reboot and try again

I tried reinstalling. Still couldn't allow permissions.. so i uninstalled and reinstalled latest version, it can't even see module as active. Same with old version. Allow permissions is still greyed out. Does it require root? It doesn't prompt or show up in magisk

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
I tried reinstalling. Still couldn't allow permissions.. so i uninstalled and reinstalled latest version, it can't even see module as active. Same with old version. Allow permissions is still greyed out. Does it require root? It doesn't prompt or show up in magisk
You don't need to allow the permission, ignore it. But you should only see it pop up once. If it shows up again something is wrong. No root is required, the module doesn't use root at all and won't appear in Magisk. Like I said in the previous post, without logs I cannot help

kevinwu128

Jun 24, 2014
You don't need to allow the permission, ignore it. But you should only see it pop up once. If it shows up again something is wrong. No root is required, the module doesn't use root at all and won't appear in Magisk. Like I said in the previous post, without logs I cannot help

I don't have a machine to run adb logcat, is this enough? Thanks mate

Attachments

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
I don't have a machine to run adb logcat, is this enough? Thanks mate
Nothing useful here, everything seems ok. I would need a logcat log. There are apps you can download like matlog which won't require a machine.
I also suggest you download the latest edxposed 5.2.0, it has reduces a lot of the spam logs and make the exposed and logcat logs clearer.

kevinwu128

Jun 24, 2014
Nothing useful here, everything seems ok. I would need a logcat log. There are apps you can download like matlog which won't require a machine.
I also suggest you download the latest edxposed 5.2.0, it has reduces a lot of the spam logs and make the exposed and logcat logs clearer.
Sorry for the delay. With this log, i opened firefds app, clicked back from "allowed permissions" and pressed and held power and tried to reboot to recovery - i named it as "reboot into root"

Attachments

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Sorry for the delay. With this log, i opened firefds app, clicked back from "allowed permissions" and pressed and held power and tried to reboot to recovery - i named it as "reboot into root"
As I figured
Code:
 java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 10276 nor current process has android.permission.REBOOT.
Both SystemUI and Firefds Kit are not granted reboot permissions using xposed. I do have someone else on Github that is reporting the same with the Galaxy S10e, but besides you two, it works for everyone else. Q version has been out for a pretty long time.
My suspicion is that you have some wrong configuration going on in EdXposed Manager.

First of all, I would disable all Xposed modules except Firefds Kit, reboot, and try again.

Please make sure that in EdXposed Manager you have the following switches Enabled under Settings --> Framework. The rest should be disabled:

* Force hook modules
* Pass SafteyNet

I also recommened you uninstall Riru, EdXposed, EdXposed Manager and Firefds Kit, reboot, and then reinstall each one with a reboot between each step. (Install Riru, reboot, Install EdXposed, reboot, etc..).

kevinwu128

Jun 24, 2014
As I figured
Code:
 java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 10276 nor current process has android.permission.REBOOT.
Both SystemUI and Firefds Kit are not granted reboot permissions using xposed. I do have someone else on Github that is reporting the same with the Galaxy S10e, but besides you two, it works for everyone else. Q version has been out for a pretty long time.
My suspicion is that you have some wrong configuration going on in EdXposed Manager.

First of all, I would disable all Xposed modules except Firefds Kit, reboot, and try again.

Please make sure that in EdXposed Manager you have the following switches Enabled under Settings --> Framework. The rest should be disabled:

* Force hook modules
* Pass SafteyNet

I also recommened you uninstall Riru, EdXposed, EdXposed Manager and Firefds Kit, reboot, and then reinstall each one with a reboot between each step. (Install Riru, reboot, Install EdXposed, reboot, etc..).
I have reinstalled all of these and tested in between each of them too (for the parts i can obviously) i even downgraded edxposed manager to 4.5.7 just i make sure.

Thanks for trying though. Just FYI, i can boot into recovery when I use edxposed manager.

I came from the magisk 21201 build and firefds 1.0.1.3- stable 5 and was working fine for the last year or so. I hope these details could help you, but I'll leave it for now! Cheers

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
I have reinstalled all of these and tested in between each of them too (for the parts i can obviously) i even downgraded edxposed manager to 4.5.7 just i make sure.

Thanks for trying though. Just FYI, i can boot into recovery when I use edxposed manager.

I came from the magisk 21201 build and firefds 1.0.1.3- stable 5 and was working fine for the last year or so. I hope these details could help you, but I'll leave it for now! Cheers
EdXposed Manager is using root to reboot. Firefds Kit doesn't use root to reboot.
Nothing has changed code wise in Firefds Kit regarding reboot. Only thing that was changed was the EdXposed version compability.

Like I said, this works for pretty much all users using Q, including myself.
Again, I would suggest disabling all modules except firefds kit and try again + logs (all 3).

I'd even do a deeper "clean" -
* Disable all xposed modules
* Reboot
* Uninstall all xposed modules
* Reboot
* Install only Firefds Kit
* Reboot
* Configure power menu stuff
* Reboot
* Test

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto

If my above post still doesn't help, please refer to https://github.com/Firefds/FirefdsKit/issues/15#issuecomment-762842661

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
I have tried version 8 and ticked the extra item. Still not working, same behaviour.
Did you reboot after ticking the new switch?
Please send xposed and logcat logs

Edit:
Checking logs from the user reporting the similar issue on Github, it seems that xposed isn't hooking into the android package. Please try these steps:
  1. In EdXposed Manager, enter Settings
  2. Under Framework, enable whitelisting
  3. Enter the whitelisting menu
  4. Search for the android package and enable it
  5. Go back to Settings and disable whitelisting
  6. Reboot the device and try again
If that also fails, please try to enable whitelisting again and whitelisting all the following apps:
  • Android System - android
  • Call - com.samsung.android.incallui
  • Camera - com.sec.android.app.camera
  • Contacts - com.samsung.android.contacts
  • Email - com.samsung.android.email.provider
  • Firefds Kit - sb.firefds.q.firefdskit
  • Messaging - com.samsung.android.messaging
  • MTP Application - com.samsung.android.MtpApplication
  • NFC - com.android.nfc
  • One UI Home - com.sec.android.app.launcher
  • Settings - com.android.settings
  • Software Update - com.wssyncmldm