• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Xprivacy lua on Android 11

Search This thread

Sjain11

Nov 15, 2015
Xprivacy Lua doesn't seem to be working on Android 11 AOSP based custom ROM.
Installed using LSposed.
App ops also doesn't seem to be working.
Any workaround?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Installed using LSposed.
Any workaround?
Can you explain more as to what is not working.
Device and what rom your using may help.
How have you setup lsposed. If you are going to set restriction in xpl for all apps have you selected all apps in lsposed.
What app ops are you using as wasn't aware it an exposed module.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjain11

Sjain11

Nov 15, 2015
How have you setup lsposed. If ypu are going to set restriction in xpl for all apps have you selected all apps in lsposed.
Wow thanks. Selecting all apps in LSposed worked.

markd89

Jul 26, 2007
Hi, I just had the same problem and found this thread and resolved the issue, thanks!

Question: Is there a way to default so that new apps are automatically selected when installed?

Reactions: doggydog2

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi, I just had the same problem and found this thread and resolved the issue, thanks!

Question: Is there a way to default so that new apps are automatically selected when installed?
On LSposed no.
Any new app will have to be enabled in LSposed for xprivacylua to work.
I don't think that option will be included any time soon, if at all.

Reactions: markd89

markd89

Jul 26, 2007
On LSposed no.

I think that's an important capablilty, otherwise things will leak on first run.

I tried installed Edxposed but get this issue please install riru from magisk manager

The comments on that issue say Edxposed is not longer supported ant to use LSPosed, Taichi or Dreamland instead. Does Taichi or Dreamland allow for new apps to default to be restricted?

Thanks again!

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
I think that's an important capablilty, otherwise things will leak on first run.

I tried installed Edxposed but get this issue please install riru from magisk manager

The comments on that issue say Edxposed is not longer supported ant to use LSPosed, Taichi or Dreamland instead. Does Taichi or Dreamland allow for new apps to default to be restricted?

Thanks again!
If you want to use Edxposed you will have to downgrade Rui core module ( in magisk ) to version under 25. I think the latest working version was 25.5.5 ( from memory ).
As for Taichi, Dreamland and other Xposed like frameworks i don't know never used them.
I have be using Xposed since the Jellybean ( android 4 ) and have only install rovo's version ( up to android 8 ), then started using Edxposed ( currently on now ). The only reason i'm not using Lsposed at the moment is laziness on my part because of the extra steps involved.
Note: not all modules will require every app in Lsposed to be activated it will depend on what the module does.

Reactions: markd89

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
To use XprivacyLua on Android 11 - Which one should I get ?
Edxposed or Lsposed ?
Depends on magisk version

I am using stable magisk with latest versions of riu and lsposed.
Lsposed with modules you have to select what apps to restrict.
Big thanks to @Fif_ for automatic selecting modules.
Edxpoesd has two modes but you have to downgrade riu module for it it work.
With regards to expricavylua working fine on stable magisk /latest versions of riu/lsposed on S9 running lineage 18.1 (A11).

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4

With regards to expricavylua working fine on stable magisk /latest versions of riu/lsposed on S9 running lineage 18.1 (A11).
For reference the post about automatically adding newly installed apps to LSPosed scopes is here:

Reactions: spawnlives

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

To use XprivacyLua on Android 11 - Which one should I get ?
Edxposed or Lsposed ?

As stated in post #8 EdXposed is also working with stable Magisk v23.0, but only using Riru 25.4.4 and lower. Advantage for me is that I don't have to add new apps to the scope like in Lsposed. Even with Fif's Automate flow, I would forget to reboot 😊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For reference the post about automatically adding newly installed apps to LSPosed scopes is here:
    Installed using LSposed.
    Any workaround?
    How have you setup lsposed. If you are going to set restriction in xpl for all apps have you selected all apps in lsposed.

On LSposed no.

Thanks again!
    If you want to use Edxposed you will have to downgrade Rui core module ( in magisk ) to version under 25. I think the latest working version was 25.5.5 ( from memory ).
    As for Taichi, Dreamland and other Xposed like frameworks i don't know never used them.
    I have be using Xposed since the Jellybean ( android 4 ) and have only install rovo's version ( up to android 8 ), then started using Edxposed ( currently on now ). The only reason i'm not using Lsposed at the moment is laziness on my part because of the extra steps involved.
    Note: not all modules will require every app in Lsposed to be activated it will depend on what the module does.